• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Play New Adventure Games for FREE!

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Good Morning!

I’m working on an exciting new concept that I think all Adventure Gamers will be interest in! I’m trying to convert my old company website bigtimegames.com into a gaming portal with brand new games, all of which will be 100% free to play!

What I need is to demonstrate an audience is out there who would like this! Showing your support is simple! Just visit our facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Time-Games/446271218777876 and “like” the page. If we can demonstrate enough people have an interest, we can move forward with the plan!

Through this website I could finally bring Delaware 4, Inherent Evil 2 and decay to light! There’s no catch! If you’d love to play new adventure, puzzle and hidden object games for free simply visit the facebook page and show your support by liking it!

Please share this with friends, family, as many people as possible so we can hopefully reach 1,000+ supporters!

Thank you for your support!

-Bryan

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

How will the developers/publishers make any money this way? Will it be done through unlocking parts of the game as DLC or perhaps ads, like Square Enix has done it with their online service?

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Hi Kasper,

Thank you for your question.

The way the games would make money would be sponsorship. Before a game would begin, it’d have a simple “Brought to you by…” screen. Then, at certain parts of the game there would be product placement gameplay included. This would not be “game pauses, new window opens playing a commercial”, it would be incorporating the product placement into the gameplay for seamlessly sharing the sponsor product without interrupting the flow of gameplay! These sponsorship moments would also be placed tastefully at specific moments in the game so they will not be intrusive or annoying.

We first need to show there’s a market for free gaming, this is why we need to gather 1,000 facebook likes! Once we can show the market is there, we can get started!

-Bryan

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

who del my post about Square Enix ?

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

I would honestly rather just pay for my downloads than get them for free but with product placement inserted in, no matter how “tasteful” it is. I’d sooner support a developer directly than have games changed to produce revenue.

I don’t mean to be a downer, but if you’re serious about getting feedback then I need to be blunt about that.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

It doesn’t sound “free” to me. I’m paying by seeing products advertised around the game that I don’t want to see. I would rather just pay the money.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i have no problem with it. I mean hey, i paid full price for the new deus ex and still had to deal with ad placement, now that was annoying. If the games free i can live with some placement. The tricky part will be whether the game is good Wink

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

@AnnaCat, Thank you for your feedback. It’s always good to hear from everyone, good or bad. I take all feedback seriously and appreciate it.

@Zifnab, I don’t kid myself that I will ever make everyone happy but thank you for sharing your opinion as well, it’s also appreciated.

@Zane, I hear you loud and clear. I’ve waited a LONG time to do the games we’ve got planned and I’ve got big plans for all of them. I’ve learned a lot from each previous project and I’m ready to put those lessons to good use! Wink

-Bryan

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

As promised, here’s the FAQ page. http://www.bigtimegames.com/faq.html

I hope this answers everyone’s questions! Thank you!

-Bryan

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

Just a quick update that we’ve crossed 750 likes on our page! Thank you to everyone who’s shown support! The more likes we get, the more proof there is that an entire audience is out there who wants access to new, high quality, truly free games! If you haven’t already, please visit our Facebook page and show your support by liking it!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Time-Games/446271218777876

Thank you!

-Bryan

Joined 2005-06-30

PM

We’re now 17 likes short from our goal! What an amazing 5 days!

For those who’ve asked “Why is this important?”  We’re trying to prove to investors there is a market out there for a web service dedicated to high quality truly free gaming. No credit cards, no in-game purchases, no bugging friends to progress!

In 5 days we’ve nearly achieved our goal of 1,000 likes! Once we’ve passed our goal, each additional like just makes our case stronger!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to visit our page and show your support. I truly appreciate it!

-Bryan

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

BWiegele - 10 March 2013 02:49 PM

In 5 days we’ve nearly achieved our goal of 1,000 likes! Once we’ve passed our goal, each additional like just makes our case stronger!

Not meaning to rain on your parade, but isn’t 1000 likes a low number? Or did you have a specific time-frame in which you wanted to reach them?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I also have a question, Bryan. How does your concept compare to GamersGate’s VOID service? (For those who aren’t familiar with it, it also offered free-to-play titles in exchange for a short advertisement before loading the game. It shuttered not long ago.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top