• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiediegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 3 March 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Just when you thought Al Lowe’s weird fantasy game Torin’s Passage couldn’t get any weirder, it throws you into a black-and-white sitcom. Hmm.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Is this game any good or worth playing? AG didn’t like it very much (2.5 stars).

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m not a fan. The game is a mess on far too many levels: it never seems to know if it wants to be straight fantasy or a parody (I know you can play on both levels, as in the QfG games, but it doesn’t work here); you go through 5 worlds, but they don’t have as clear an identity as they’re supposed to, and at least two of them feel completely unfinished; the gameplay is standard adventure puzzles for a while, then switches to a sequence of 7th-Guest-style logic puzzles (+ a maze!), then back to inventory puzzles, for no clear reason; the story feels confusing, badly-told and half-finished (and not in a cliffhangery kind of way: more like the game speeds through it and half of the middle stuff is missing); etc.

It has its moments. But, once again, I found it to be far too much of a mess to be enjoyable.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

There’s a lot to enjoy in Torin’s Passage. The game was designed for parents to play with their children and so it’s a fairly conventional fairy tale that skews towards kiddie material and the moments added for adults, like the Bitternuts sequence, feels surreal.

There is plenty of fun to be had here that the game doesn’t deserved to be ignored outright. I’d recommend you track down a copy and make up your own mind and make sure you use your bagpipes often!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

It was released on GOG.com last summer, so if it goes on sale I might pick it up. Smile

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you’re remotely interested in classic fairy tales and Sierra’s style, Torin’s Passage is not to be missed.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

The scene depicted is easily the worst and most annoying aspect of the game. Silly and annoying parody of a 60’s television show with screaming naisily voices and terrible dialogue. You play a few of these that add up to about 3 hours of gameplay. Other than that stint the game was entertaining.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top