• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 22 February 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Soup time!

There’s something a bit mind-boggling about the idea that The 7th Guest, with its cheesy horror and awful acting made everyone buy a CD-ROM drive and started the whole FMV craze. Then again, who doesn’t love a haunted house?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It was the haunting, chilling way Stauf yelled “COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!” when you exited the game… Tongue

Plus at the time, this game looked absolutely astonishing! It was unlike anything that had ever come before, so yeah, it caught people’s attention…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Yup, adventure gamers are as big technology whores as everyone else—despite protestations to the contrary in recent times. Tongue

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2012-02-14

PM

I had the 7th Guest strategy guide not to cheat but because I couldn’t get enough of this game.  I have it on my iPod now so I can play it whenever I want. Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Despite the corny acting, it’s still a creepy game and a puzzle-lover’s delight.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I loved The 7th Guest and The 11th Hour as a kid. Those games were amazing - and for a young child very scary. It’s not every day there’s (at the time) realistically looking corpses in the bathroom!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Even more mind-boggling is the fact I actually finished 7th Guest and 11th Hour without hints (had no internet back then). They were tough games!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 22 February 2013 01:10 PM

Despite the corny acting, it’s still a creepy game and a puzzle-lover’s delight.

I agree, the game simply succeeded in doing what it tried to do, to give you a creepy and spooky feeling when you played it.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top