• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 19 February 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

And Then There Were None: The Game. Ugh.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

strange! i just started playing it for my 1st time yesterday, i am NOT a fan of noir Adventures ; Nancy Drew, Sherlock Holmes , Agatha Christie ...etc Only Laura Bow’s was my happy experiences long ago ...
but i went yesterday for And Then There Were None as it seemed Different and kinda unique also all those Good feedbacks i read about here at the Forums every-time someone mentions it were enough to draw me well.

still at the very beginning but i like the Vast exploration it provides so far .

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The game really captures the mood of the Agatha Christie stories. It’s a first game in the series so some technical/design issues might be a problem, but in the atmosphere department it might be even above the later installments.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s a pretty good game. The culprit isn’t the same as in the book, but then again, your character wasn’t in the book either, so they needed to change a few things up.

There’s a LOT of stuff to pick up in this game - your inventory gets HUGE, and you can learn some optional background stuff if you look through some keyholes… Plus there’s a few different endings possible.

This game immediately put the other Agatha Christie games on my radar.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 19 February 2013 12:04 PM

The culprit isn’t the same as in the book,

Hey! You want another banjo duel? Put this in spoiler tags!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Just as well they didn’t go with the original title of that book.

I rememeber the game being kind of boring. Lots of back tracking.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 19 February 2013 03:13 PM

Put this in spoiler tags!

Why? What does it spoil?
Those that haven’t read the book (or seen one of its adaptations) aren’t spoiled, and those that have just know they’re in for a surprise. I didn’t say who did it, now, did I? Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It might be considered a “spoiler”, if there’s someone who had read the book and doesn’t want to be spoiled whether the game has the same ending or not. Grin

BTW, is it me or the term “spoiler” has been given drastically more attention with time? I remember the adventure game reviews in 90s in the local magazine - it wasn’t unusual for a reviewer to reveal some parts of the story, even connected to ending. When did we become so touchy on the spoiler area? Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 19 February 2013 04:32 PM

When did we become so touchy on the spoiler area? Tongue

Since someone yelled “Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker’s father!” to the masses waiting in line on Episode V’s opening day… Grin

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 19 February 2013 04:41 PM

Since someone yelled “Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker’s father!”

Hey, use spoilers! Shifty Eyed

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There was a scientific study that stated spoilers actually enhance your enjoyment.

so in that vain….

Snape kills Dumbledore

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I really enjoyed this game despite the amount of walking. Plus, the game,as originally packaged, contained a copy of the book. Thus rendering the concept of Spoiler somewhat moot.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lucien21 - 19 February 2013 05:01 PM

Snape kills Dumbledore

DROGGELJUG Pan  !! hehe

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

There was a scientific study that stated spoilers actually enhance your enjoyment.

so in that vain….

Snape kills Dumbledore

Watching The Big Bang Theory are we?

Also I had plans to play this game but now I deinitely won’t. If you’re going to change something as imprtant as the killer’s identity you shouldn’t name your game after a book it’s claerly not based on. So actually, thanks for spoiling me. That saves me some hours ranting at the screen after I would’ve found out while playing.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The original (book) ending (and culprit) is still in the game as a bonus scene after you’ve finished it.
But without all the additional explanations for a lot of his or her actions. It’s solely as a wink to those who read the book.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

gray pierce - 20 February 2013 03:42 AM

so in that vain….

Snape kills Dumbledore

Watching The Big Bang Theory are we?

I do, but I read it on Wired long before they mentioned it.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top