• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Carol Reed: Cold Case Summer

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

The demo of this new Carol Reed game is out since yesterday. I played it today. It’s short but I’m in love already Smile. I adore these games. Although Carol has to solve some gruesome cases the atmosphere in the games is always tranquil, the weather is always beautiful and the music mesmerizing. I hope we don’t have to wait too long for the new game to come out.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2006-03-28

PM

Sweet—I love these games! The pictures looks better than ever!

From the website it looks like they are trying to release the game at the end of this month? I’m guessing if they don’t meet that date then it will be released soon thereafter. I’m stoked that it will be out so soon and I can’t wait to play!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

No need to play the demo for me - every Carol Reed has been a blind buy for some time Smile

Thanks for the info tsa!

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Ditto.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I’ll never get it. For me, they’re in the same class as Nancy Drew.
And Nancy Drew is better…

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Zifnab - 19 February 2013 11:11 AM

No need to play the demo for me - every Carol Reed has been a blind buy for some time Smile

For me too but I was bored Tongue.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fien - 19 February 2013 11:58 AM

I’ll never get it. For me, they’re in the same class as Nancy Drew.
And Nancy Drew is better…

To each their own Fien. I played some demos of ND games but IMO the CR games are quite different. Maybe not in terms of length and difficulty but certainly qua atmosphere.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I’ve just finished it and will buy it, as always.  The game play is simple but the chance to visit a place I will likely never see is so aluring.

There’s a delightful place to explore at one location.  I’m in the States, where such structures would have been declared dangerous and torn down immediately for safety’s sake—-more’s the pity—-even on private property.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

tsa - 19 February 2013 01:43 PM

To each their own Fien. I played some demos of ND games but IMO the CR games are quite different. Maybe not in terms of length and difficulty but certainly qua atmosphere.

I agree about the atmosphere. I love the real-life pics.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The atmosphere is everything with these type of games. It’s why CR feels like a breeze of fresh mountain air and ND feels like a holiday in a damp, stuffy closet.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I won’t get it either. I tried the demo and wasn’t too impressed, but, mostly because I detest first person games. and it seemed so lonely!  at least with Nancy Drew there is talking.  But, I’m sure there are lots of people that enjoy these types of games; they just aren’t for me.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

tsa - 19 February 2013 01:33 PM

(I played the demo because) I was bored Tongue.

You could have played some chess, or learned Romanian, or donated a kidney, or… instead.
Or you could have opened a couple of (hundreds of) new threads (just for fun), like a person I know .

Oscar - 19 February 2013 05:25 PM

CR feels like a breeze of fresh mountain air and ND feels like a holiday in a damp, stuffy closet.

I don’t agree with you (meaning I don’t think ND games are that bad), but I like the metaphor/simile.

I think that the main difference between ND games and CR games is that when you play a ND game you have a feeling Nancy Drew is investigating something, while in a CR game you have a feeling YOU are investigating something. At least I feel that way.

mbday630 - 19 February 2013 06:42 PM

at least with Nancy Drew there is talking

There’s talking in CR games too.
Not much, but there is.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

zobraks - 20 February 2013 04:54 AM
tsa - 19 February 2013 01:33 PM

(I played the demo because) I was bored Tongue.

You could have played some chess, or learned Romanian, or donated a kidney, or… instead.
Or you could have opened a couple of (hundreds of) new threads (just for fun), like a person I know .

Oscar - 19 February 2013 05:25 PM

CR feels like a breeze of fresh mountain air and ND feels like a holiday in a damp, stuffy closet.

I don’t agree with you (meaning I don’t think ND games are that bad), but I like the metaphor/simile.

I think that the main difference between ND games and CR games is that when you play a ND game you have a feeling Nancy Drew is investigating something, while in a CR game you have a feeling YOU are investigating something. At least I feel that way.

You may be right about that. I sometimes feel it could give a even stronger feeling that I’m investigating without Carol’s voice telling us about her summer and the characters saying “Hi Carol!” to me all the time;

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Oscar - 20 February 2013 06:14 AM
zobraks - 20 February 2013 04:54 AM

You may be right about that. I sometimes feel it could give a even stronger feeling that I’m investigating without Carol’s voice telling us about her summer and the characters saying “Hi Carol!” to me all the time;

Maybe in the CR games you are Carol, while in the ND games you play Nancy.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Coincidence? CCS is almost out and now I read in the newspaper that since last week (when the demo came out) the amount of new tips the police gets about the murder of Olof Palme has increased tremendously. The police says that some tips are interesting and will be pursued. “Every time when a new book or film comes out, we get new tips,” a spokesperson of the police says. The research into the murder got a new impulse when ‘superdetective’ Dag Andersson became supervisor.
I think it’s clear that ‘Dag Andersson’ is a pseudonym of Carol Reed and that the case will be solved soon. Wink

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Cold Case Summer released this morning…

http://www.mdna-games.com/buy-pp.htm

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top