• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Himalaya Studios launched Mage’s Initiation Kickstarter

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mage’s Initiation a Role-Playing / Adventure Game hybrid, very similar in style and execution to Sierra On-Line’s classic Point-&-Click Quest for Glory and King’s Quest series. It maintains all the charm of classic and timeless adventure games of yesteryear while adding 21st century innovation to the mix -  like multiple game interfaces, and a free-range magical combat system!

Mage’s Initiation Kickstarter

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Definitely backing this. Al Emmo was godawful, but their Sierra remakes were great, so I want to give this a chance.

Total Posts: 212

Joined 2005-10-07

PM

I’m less interested in Quest for Glory style RPG/adventures than I would be a straight up regular adventure, but I backed this anyway because I saw Eriq’s name on the page and wanted to support the project. Smile

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Another RPG-adventure hybrid with the by now familiar retro look and feel. I’m supporting this one too, but only because I loved some of their previous games.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This is the talented team, Al Emmo is one of the most funniest recent adventures, but I’m not sure about all this “retro” wave we’re witnessing, and there’s Quest for Infamy on its way as well, which is a very similar to this, but what the heck.

I still wish them to do Al Emmo 2 after this, though.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Kewl! I liked their remakes and even though I am not a fan of RPG-adventure hybrids (yet), I like what I saw from the RPG elements of Mage’s Initiation. And the story premise appeals to me to boot. Pledged. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

I liked Al Emmo a lot and really admire a lot of what these guys have done.  Only thing stopping me from chipping in too much is that the whole Quest For Glory clones market already has Quest For Infamy and Hero U in the same space and this one seems to have the weakest premise.  And the dullest looking lead character I’ve seen in quite a while. 

Definitely hope it makes it though - there’s definite talent there.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

iv been highly anticipating this game for a while, and wondered if they would join the kickstarter hunt. Looks like their goal is more than reasonable and they’ll have no problem making it.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

OneFlesh - 19 February 2013 02:19 PM

I liked Al Emmo a lot and really admire a lot of what these guys have done.  Only thing stopping me from chipping in too much is that the whole Quest For Glory clones market already has Quest For Infamy and Hero U in the same space

I REALLY liked Al Emmo, once I bought it and played it. But I never liked any of the QFG games. If I don’t like the games it emulates, I can’t see a reason to support it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I pitched in. I owe these developers for the enjoyment I had from the KQ remakes (only had a chance to play the first two).

They’ve had a solid start!

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Wow, this game looks and feels so great. Backing!

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Yet another RPG/Adventure hybrid with retro look.

It’s getting too crowded in that area Kickstarter wise…

Maybe they should have been more careful timing-wise and wait until some of the others have already been completed, before launching another kickstarter.

Fortunately for them, they didn’t ask for a lot of money, so I’m confident they’ll make their goal.
It makes you wonder though how they can make a game at all with a budget of about 35K dollars….maybe the artists and programmers aren’t being paid and work as interns to get/build experience?

Anyway, I wish them all the luck!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

subbi - 20 February 2013 05:35 AM

It’s getting too crowded in that area Kickstarter wise…

Maybe they should have been more careful timing-wise and wait until some of the others have already been completed, before launching another kickstarter.

They’ve been working on this game for a long time, so I’d say the timing aspect cant be helped. In all likelihood theyr doing this now because they need to.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

This is a good opportunity for me to support the developers behind the Sierra remakes, so I threw a few coins in their way! Smile
Thankfully Mage’s Initiation looks more promising than Al Emmo and I hope it will refrain from forcing the humor again. Really, the demo of Al Emmo was awful, I just couldn’t convince myself that it would be a good idea to buy the game even though I loved the remakes.
Let’s hope this turns out well! Smile

subbi - 20 February 2013 05:35 AM

Yeah, well, it’s not like RPG/Adventures are exactly a common species of games, so that’s fine. And I guess the retro look is kinda inevitable since Himalaya/AGDI seems to be so in love with it.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zane - 20 February 2013 11:46 AM

They’ve been working on this game for a long time, so I’d say the timing aspect cant be helped.

Of course, both Mage’s Initiation and Quest for Infamy have been in production for some time now, it’s just a funny coincidence that we’re seeing two very similar games along with Hero-U - but I guess QFG fans are more happy than ever. Grin

I’m also happy that it’s practically the seam team which brought us Al Emmo, but as I said - I wish them to do another comedic adventure soon because they proved to be having a great sense of humor.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 20 February 2013 01:18 PM

Of course, both Mage’s Initiation and Quest for Infamy have been in production for some time now, it’s just a funny coincidence that we’re seeing two very similar games along with Hero-U - but I guess QFG fans are more happy than ever. Grin

I’m a fan of RPGs and thus RPG/adventure hybrids, but personally I feel someone should make one that’s not in a fantasy setting.
All the current RPG/adventure hybrid kickstarters look like exactly the same game, and frankly, I’ve grown tired of the same Tolkien-inspired medieval fantasy setting.

I wish they did a RPG/adventure hybrid in a sci-fi setting, or a present-day metropolis… You know, something that actually stands out…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top