• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Silver Lining

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

Has anyone played this? It’s a fan sequel to the Sierra’s King’s Quest series.

Link

4 of 5 episodes are available; the last is still in development.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

Haven’t played yet due to lack of time, but I love the fact that game is free to play!

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I haven’t played it either, but now I’m sad that the series hasn’t been completed yet. I guess i’ll push it off until the Fifth is out.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

I remember hearing that the last episode will be out in a few months, but I really can’t remember where I read that

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I think Phoenix’s increasing amount of commercial work has delayed the project a bit.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

darthkiwi - 17 February 2013 12:14 PM

Has anyone played this? .

yes, in fact some of the creators visit this forum too.
Iv played the first 2 episodes, and i plan on giving it another chance when all the episodes are out.

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

@stika: yeah, I heard a similar thing. Maybe it was on their forums?

Oh, just heard: the TSL people are having a contest where you can design a tapestry, and winning entries will get put in the game when it comes out!

http://tinyurl.com/b8hmak3

What’s also neat is they promise to credit the winners, so that’s cool.

I’m trying to think of any other devs who’ve done this sort of thing. It’s the kind of thing you might get with kickstarters but I don’t think this usually happens through a contest.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

I can’t wait to see what people come up with for the Tapestry contest! I’ve been looking forward to it since we first wrote that section of Episode 5.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

I’ve been on the TSL forum for years; it’s a really wonderful community. TSL is a very nostalgic game, though I wouldn’t recommend it for newcomers to the series because a lot of it is really built on the nostalgia and storylines surrounding the first eight games. Smile The art and the music are beautiful though and the production values are extremely high, even if I don’t really like the direction the plot has taken so far. I’m looking forward to what they intend to do with episode 5, because the first four episodes really need something major for closure and to bring the final game together. I also can’t wait to see what Telltale intends to do with the series. This contest does sound ideal for anyone who wants to see their name in the game credits though. Smile

I HAVE A LAUREL! Grin

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

KatieHal - 22 February 2013 05:09 PM

I can’t wait to see what people come up with for the Tapestry contest! I’ve been looking forward to it since we first wrote that section of Episode 5.

Agreed! It can be interesting when fan-made things get inserted into games like this.

Deloria: I completely agree! The music and art are especially lovely, and it’s amazing how long the team has been plugging away at this.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2006-03-06

PM

Darthkiwi: I think we should go out. Clearly we are like-minded individuals. Grin

I HAVE A LAUREL! Grin

Joined 2013-02-11

PM

deloria - 23 February 2013 03:03 PM

Darthkiwi: I think we should go out. Clearly we are like-minded individuals. Grin

Agreed! Grin

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Oops - wrong thread.  Feel free to delete this post, mods

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve been very impressed with Cognition and I’d like to try The Silver Lining out too but I think I’d need to play at least some of the oldies first. Which of the first games had those remakes and where can I get them? I only played the 6th (didn’t finish it) and the 7th game back in the day. I think I still have my physical copy of the 7th, and 4-6 pack on GOG.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

AGDI has remakes of KQ1, KQ2, and KQ3. Though it’s technically “KQ2+” and and adds some new touches and twists to the storyline, the basic story is the same and would give you the reminders you need for our game. Similarly their “KQ3 Redux” has some additions, but the basic story is the same. http://www.agdinteractive.com/

Infamous Adventures did a more straight-up remake of KQ3: http://www.infamous-adventures.com/home/

There’s a remake in process of KQ4, but it’s not yet complete, though it has a demo: http://unicorntales.org/kq4-perilsofrosella-remake/2013/kq4-general-category/fully-playable-demo/playable-demo-v11-released/

Enjoy! And I hope you enjoy TSL as well Smile

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Thanks for the links Smile. I don’t think I have time to start my KQ journey this summer but will see if I’m not too busy later this year.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top