• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Perry Rhodan Crashes!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I played it on my old computer 2-3 years ago ; on a desktop with WinXP sys without any problems, now i try to replay it on my Intel (Core 2 Duo) Lap with win7 sys and can not even with the comparability mode get past the 1st screen!!!

please i am desperate to replay it .. i will be very glad if anyone can fix me through this issue!

Thanks

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Did you try the patch?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yup i tried the Eng 1.2 Patch from the developer site , but nothing changes

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Then I don’t know. Frown I replayed it (UK DVD version) a few days ago on my 64-bit Win 7 desktop, using the patch (and without compatibility mode), and everything just worked.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i read something about Tags installing to make it work, but i have no idea what the hell is that!!

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2006-11-08

PM

I’m having this same problem. I am running the game under its compatibility mode, and it boots up and goes through the intro fine. I can walk around the first room without any problems, but the game crashes as soon as I try to enter the next room. I am playing the game on windows 7 home premium.

“That was, without a doubt, one of the finest examples of bunny snatching I’ve ever seen!”  - Narrator, Space Quest 4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers

Twitter: @TravisAC85

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Chalk me up for another crash. I am trying to play the game on Windows 7, which I’ve done in the past successfully. This is the digital download version that I purchased from the now merged Direct2Drive. That’s another matter (Gamefly has yet to make this game available for download again). Anyway, the only thing I can think of is I upgraded my graphics card, but I can’t even get through the intro (I try to skip) and the game crashes. Tried the patch, etc. Reaching out to publisher/developers so far has got me nowhere. Very frustrating because I really want to start a new game and finally finish it. I love it.

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2004-09-18

PM

This might be a bit of a long shot, but adjusting all of the video settings to their lowest levels seemed to work for me, it stopped crashing on the first screen after starting a new game.

Diabolus ex Machina since 1993

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Advie - 04 June 2012 07:12 PM

i read something about Tags installing to make it work, but i have no idea what the hell is that!!

It’s TAGES and its copy protection system. Yes, to play PR under Win7, one have to update the TAGES driver (available at http://www.tagesprotection.com/main.htm).

I just tried to launch the game (Gamersgate version, patched with “Perry Rhodan Patch 1.2 ESD Edition Setup.exe”) from my notebook with Intel 965 graphic. I know that onboard graphic chipsets are not supported and I just tried my luck but no, its not working. Gives me a black screen for a sec and then “... has encountered a problem and…”

Unless someone know a trick how to get it working under with Intel965, I have to wait till i can use better pc.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-10-13

PM

I am trying to play the game on my trusty netbook (asus) and I had a similar problem. After a complete reinstall I managed to get it working (and I don’t mean just the game, but windows too). For some reason I couldn’t adjust my video settings before that… strange.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-09-28

PM

Same problem here. I assume you’re talking about the Illochim game. I have the original DVD, tried with all the patches, upgraded TAGES, tried with different compatibility modes, but still can’t get through the whole intro, it crashes to the desktop.

Apparently though, it’s not a Win7 problem. I plugged in a new hard disk, installed Windows XP from scratch, booted with the XP drive, installed the game: still same identical problem, the game starts up fine, the intro plays fluently, but at some point (always the same) it crashes to the desktop. Adjusting the video settings to their lowest levels has no effect.

That’s very frustrating, I bought the game but NEVER had a chance to play it. It’s a hardware problem of some sort, possibly related to the video card.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-08-03

PM

OK, it’s a whole year later and Adventure is still selling this game. Has anyone solved this crash problem yet?

Thanks

I am on a brand new gaming laptop with Windows 8

Thanks again,
Ernie

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-09-28

PM

I didn’t find a solution for the problem after trying literally everything. It’s not a OS problem I can assure you (at least not JUST a OS problem). Don’t buy the game guys, there’s a fair chance to be wasted money!

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I just finished the game, under Win 7 32bit.
As I mentioned before, I have Gamersgate version. I patched it with Perry Rhodan Patch 1.2 ESD Edition Setup.exe. But I had no wish to allow some shady copy protection middleware creep in my PC, so I didn’t update TAGES this time. Instead I used modified exe from Vitality. This exe is for game version 1.0, but it works regardless.

Nevertheless, there is a small downside - one bug still remains, which is apparently connected with exe. Namely, wherever there is text, last character of the text is missing. Most often it’s just a dot. As I’ve understood its just ATI exclusive bug, and I’m playing with older ATI card, so even this bug may not occur with your PCs. Even if it does, well, the bug didn’t bother me. Smile And otherwise the game ran perfectly.

The game is pretty decent and imho is worth that little work to get it to run.

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Okay folks I just have to say, the last method posted FINALLY worked for me. Windows 8.1, NVIDIA GTX 670 card. Didn’t bother updating TAGES and used a fixed EXE after applying the 1.2 patch and I can finally run the game. Initially it was just crashing right after the intro cinematic. I am so damn excited to finally play this again. All hope was lost, and I was concerned I’d never be able to play again.

The bug mentioned, I haven’t come across yet, but we’ll see. Seems like a completely minor one though in the eyes of the absolutely inability to play the game. I had even reached out to the original developer’s [in the past] who told me there was nothing they could do/offer.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Glad to be help. Smile
So you are confirming the bug is “ATI exclusive”, as you have nvidia.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top