• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sort Top Reviewed list by User reviews

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Hi,

I just checked out the “Top Reviewed” list on this site and although it does provide the most interesting games upfront, not all games are actually reviewed by AG and least of all, most are not reviewed by similar standards (as those have changed over time)

Is it already feasible to offer a sorting based on avg user review?
Are there already sufficient amount of reviews/scores collected so most games would show a rather fair average?

I think this should provide an additional interesting sorting on what the current site visitor feels are the best games.

thanks

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

It’s a good suggestion. It’s not straightforward to add as the user ratings are part of a different site module. With some work it is possible though, and it’s on our wishlist.

We’re not doing major site dev at the moment, but there’ll be a next phase of updates at some point (difficult to say when, but probably later this year).

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

One thing I miss from the old site was being able to sort reviews by the AG score. Browsing reviews now takes longer, and you can only view a few at a time instead of seeing the whole list like before.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

It would be convenient if you could access the “User Reviews” page from the game review page for those games that’re without user reviews yet (but there’re scores added by users). If I’m not making myself clear, here’s Miasmata review - you can notice there’re 3 ratings for the game, but we can’t access User Reviews page from here because there’re no actual reviews (unlike, for example The Curse of Monkey Island with “View All Reviews” gadget available).

inm8#2 - 15 January 2013 03:14 PM

One thing I miss from the old site was being able to sort reviews by the AG score. Browsing reviews now takes longer, and you can only view a few at a time instead of seeing the whole list like before.

I agree, this is the PERFECT way of sorting the games, and IMO the new system should strive to duplicate that (meaning scroll-down instead of multiple pages, various sorting available) for as much as the new site software let you do that. Putting old, new and incoming games in one big list of never-ending page turning is rather confusing and less functional.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

The new system is definitely more limiting (at least for now), but you can still browse reviews by score.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Is there a way to see all reviews/grades given by a specific user?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I don’t know if there’s an easy link to such a thing, but you can just use http://www.adventuregamers.com/ratings/user/userid, but that does mean you need to know their ID.  Works for me at least.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanx, that did the trick!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Sorry, another question - when browsing the games index, let’s say I’m trying to look at all the games from a specific year. Is there a way to filter out games that weren’t reviewed? I know you can browse all reviews at once by rating, but that doesn’t allow platform/year/etc. filtering.

For example, let’s say I wanted to see all the games that were reviewed in the 2006-2010 timeframe. I can browse all games from that period, but can’t find a way to remove games without reviews.

Thanks.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top