• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quest For Infamy - a retro 3D Animated Role Playing Adventure Game

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Quest For Infamy - Demo 2.0 has been released!

Check it out at http://www.infamous-quests.com and http://www.QuestForInfamy.com

Many new changes and updates since our demo for the Kickstarter!  Download it for free, and have a little mini-adventure this weekend!

Bt

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Thanks! I’ll give it a spin this weekend for sure. I liked the first demo last summer, so I’m curious to see what’s changed or added! Smile

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2012-11-10

PM

This is excellent!

So far, all I’ve done is wander around and look at everything.  Lots of places to explore since the last Demo, and hints of even more!  Looks great, guys.

Fantastic job.  I have no worries about the full game being absolutely wonderful.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Thank you so much!  Yeah, we’re working very hard on this - again, this demo is really but a taste of what the final game is like.  Can’t wait to get it done and out to the good people of the adventure gaming world!

Bt

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Totally missed your Kickstarter, just put in a Paypal donation for you guys. Can’t wait!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I agree with the compliments, if I didn’t know better I’d say it was Sierra who created this Grin - the amount of detail is amazing, and the graphics looks great. Now I just wish for some sort of map in the final version to keep track of the many locations. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Diego - Thank you very much!  And, yes, since what you see in the demo is just a fraction of the game, there is a map to look at!  I really appreciate all the compliments.

We’re still collection donations for the game via PayPal - many of the rewards available during our Kickstarter are still available for you through this - but only until March 30th.  So, if you’d like to get a digital copy of the game for the “pre-release” price of $10, cruise over - or if you’re interested in a Physical DVD case copy or even an old-school Big Box, we still have the option available!  After March 30th, I have to start placing the orders with the distributors and the option for these special backer only rewards will be gone!

I want to thank everyone who has pledged already - you’re not just helping support this game, but hopefully many others down the line!

http://www.infamous-quests.com

and

http://www.questforinfamy.com

We’re really excited about this.  We’ve managed to get some amazing artists on board to help finish up the art.  We’re creating something very special here!  Again, to all who take the time here not only to play our demo, but interact with me - I really do appreciate it.

Bt

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I just posted a new update on Kickstarter - have a gander, if you like.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1992695780/quest-for-infamy-an-adventure-game-by-infamous-que/posts/532432

Bt

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

This is a little late, but… “a retro 3D Animated Role Playing Adventure” - I don’t spot the 3D anywhere. Is it just me who’s crazy or haven’t paid enough attention or what?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Old King’s Quest and other Sierra titles were also referred as 3-D (by Sierra itself). Back then they merely meant that you could go behind on screen objects, like trees or houses.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

“3D” has a very different meaning when it’s “retro”.

(Did Sierra really trademark that phrase? Good grief…)

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 08 July 2013 03:15 PM

This is a little late, but… “a retro 3D Animated Role Playing Adventure” - I don’t spot the 3D anywhere. Is it just me who’s crazy or haven’t paid enough attention or what?

Yeah, Kaspar - this is old school.  Take a look at the top of the box for Hero’s Quest, for example.

Bt

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

tomimt - 08 July 2013 03:22 PM

Old King’s Quest and other Sierra titles were also referred as 3-D (by Sierra itself). Back then they merely meant that you could go behind on screen objects, like trees or houses.

Which is really the true meaning of 3D. What else could it mean, in a game?

Saying that, the screens need a tiny bit more depth. They are very nice but look a little “flat” compared with some of the better sierra SCI screens.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Zifnab - 08 July 2013 08:37 PM
tomimt - 08 July 2013 03:22 PM

Which is really the true meaning of 3D. What else could it mean, in a game?

Yeah. heh, honestly - it’s all simulated 3D. You’re playing it on a 2D surface.

Bt

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Those screens are utter shit.

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Lambonius - 09 July 2013 12:01 AM

Those screens are utter shit.

You made them.

Bt