• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Horror Adventure in 2013

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-05-13

PM

2012 passed without much of hair raising adventure horror games. One can count those that came out on the finger tips of one hand. Since 2011 we have not seen the promised games in the genera. For some games we don’t know what the future holds, & for some we haven’t heard a word in a long time. I haven’t go any high hopes for 2013 but am keeping fingers crossed for the following games:

Amnesia: Machine for Pigs
The Last Crown
The Asylum
Bracken Tor
Outlast

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

Sandman - 06 February 2013 11:36 AM

The Last Crown
The Asylum

These two appear to be on track and progressing well. I’m really excited for both of them! Smile

I’ve somewhat given up on Bracken Tor, but if I hear of it being released I’ll probably play it too.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Annacat - 07 February 2013 01:06 PM

The Asylum

These two appear to be on track and progressing well.

There’s currently a Kickstarter campaign for Asylum running. They could do with your support. Smile

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agustincordes/asylum-kickstart-the-horror

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

Fien - 07 February 2013 01:12 PM

There’s currently a Kickstarter campaign for Asylum’s running. They could do with your support. Smile

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/agustincordes/asylum-kickstart-the-horror

Thanks. Smile I plan to kick in some money once I get paid. Wink

Joined 2006-05-13

PM

I wish I could buy the company, invest the required amount and force the developers into slave labor to bring the project to an end and release the game. Crazy

Unfortunately I am not that rich or capable. I’ll see what ever contribution is possible.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Sandman - 08 February 2013 03:23 PM

I wish I could buy the company, invest the required amount and force the developers into slave labor to bring the project to an end and release the game. Crazy

Which project? Are you talking about Asylum? It’s going to be completed anyway.

Kickstarter is all well and good but it should be about funding projects that otherwise could not happen. That is the true spirit of the thing. Too many people now are using the bandwagon to basically just get advanced sales (and some guaranteed revenue, before the product goes under the harsh scrutiny of reviews; after all, people may not want to ‘support’ it with their purchase if it turns out to be rubbish) on their product which has already been funded. (offering a FREE game for a certain funding level is basically just a dishonest way of saying you’re BUYING the game)

Personally I’m most eagerly anticipating Machine for Pigs. To be honest, I’m waiting with baited breath for news of that one.

Has ‘Routine’ been mentioned yet? That’s another one I’m always waiting for news about. Very intriguing concept.

As much as I love The Lost Crown, I’ve really been won over to mostly 3D games but I’m always excited by news about The Last Crown nonetheless. Did I imagine it or did Jonathan Boakes mention another Dark fall game (presumably in the far distant future) too?

One game which I doubt will be completed this year and which so far hasn’t gotten much attention is Dracula 4. I thought Path of the dragon is one of the most underrated games of the last ten years. Of course, I don’t know how much of the development team, if anybody, will be the same for this game. But it’s still piqued my interest.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

cbman - 08 February 2013 05:58 PM

As much as I love The Lost Crown, I’ve really been won over to mostly 3D games but I’m always excited by news about The Last Crown nonetheless. Did I imagine it or did Jonathan Boakes mention another Dark fall game (presumably in the far distant future) too?

If you imagined it then I imagined it too. Wasn’t it going to be The First Crown?

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Last Crown, First Crown, plus another Dark Fall.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2006-05-13

PM

cbman - 08 February 2013 05:58 PM

Has ‘Routine’ been mentioned yet? That’s another one I’m always waiting for news about. Very intriguing concept.

I had it on my mind but didn’t mention it. It really sounds interesting. Screenshots were good & the trailer looks impressive too.

Looks like 3 ppl ve imagined it.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

2012 passed without much of hair raising adventure horror games.

Are you kidding? Check the thread Are new adventure games too scary?.

I haven’t counted but I would say 2012 featured well over 20 hair-raising horror games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top