• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Pavilion

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2009-05-11

PM

Hey guys!

I’m a avid reader of AG and I used to post here, thou it seems like the forum has change since before and I can’t seem to find my old posts.

Anyhow, me and my friend Rickard is working on a puzzle/adventure game and I wanted to show it for you guys. It’s still pretty far from release but we have some stuff that might be interesting.

So the name is Pavilion and it’s basically a exploratory puzzle and adventure game set in a surreal, dream-like world where you together with the main character set out on an odyssey into the unknown.

So observing from an isometric perspective, your fundamental purpose is to guide the main character through an environment so that he can reach his target destination. This is accomplished by either manipulating physical objects in the surrounding environment or by interacting with sound, light and other subliminal elements that will affect the perception of the character and his behavior within the environment.

Here’s a teaser video we created last autumn:

And some screenshots:

So it would be nice to hear what your first impressions of it are?
And I intend to keep posting updates here as the development progress and will gladly answer any question you have!

We also have small homepage at http://inthepavilion.com with more or less the same info and screenshots. You can also follow us at twitter for more day to day updates. http://twitter.com/thevisiontrick

Looking forward hearing from you!

/ Henrik

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

hey, looks pretty gorgeous so far. I’m a sucker for isometric perspective, so I’m glad you chose this type of appearance. Screenshots look nice. I’m thinking of Lode Runner 2 while looking at them. I’m more interested in the puzzle design, though. Would it be leaning towards a puzzle game (moving objects, opening doors, etc.) or it would have more adventure elements like inventar puzzles, dialogue puzzles and stuff like that.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Looks interesting enough to keep an eye out for more information. Thank Henrik for letting us know.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Very nice!  I especially liked the music in the video.

Looking forward to more info as well.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

1st impression reminded me of Sanitarium and the music theme is great but i doubt its original ,

Sorry if i turned i out to be mistaken Smile

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Looks sweet! I love the isometric view.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s funny how years of 2.5D and 3D suddenly make the isometric view fresh again… Thumbs Up

Will there be M.C. Escher inspired levels???
The game seems to lend itself to that…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-05-11

PM

badlemon - 04 February 2013 09:59 AM

hey, looks pretty gorgeous so far. I’m a sucker for isometric perspective, so I’m glad you chose this type of appearance. Screenshots look nice. I’m thinking of Lode Runner 2 while looking at them. I’m more interested in the puzzle design, though. Would it be leaning towards a puzzle game (moving objects, opening doors, etc.) or it would have more adventure elements like inventar puzzles, dialogue puzzles and stuff like that.

Thanks, yea the isometric view isn’t used enough now days! Sarcastic
The puzzles will be more towards a puzzle game, thou there’s also a big exploration part where you can discover artifacts and clues that tell something about the world or the characters. But in general we’ve taken a pretty minimalistic approach so there’s no text, GUI or inventory.

GreyFuss - 04 February 2013 10:18 AM

Looks interesting enough to keep an eye out for more information. Thank Henrik for letting us know.

Dara100 - 04 February 2013 02:16 PM

Very nice!  I especially liked the music in the video.

Looking forward to more info as well.

Kasper F. Nielsen - 04 February 2013 04:31 PM

Looks sweet! I love the isometric view.

Thank you guys for showing interest in it, keeps one motivated!

Advie - 04 February 2013 02:18 PM

1st impression reminded me of Sanitarium and the music theme is great but i doubt its original ,

Sorry if i turned i out to be mistaken Smile

Yea I’ve seen some videos of Sanitarium before, but never played it. Looks like a atmospheric and freaky experience thou! The music is actually original and composed by
Tony Gerber, the music will be a big part of building the atmosphere and mood of the game, and he will compose most of the music for the game.

TimovieMan - 04 February 2013 05:00 PM

It’s funny how years of 2.5D and 3D suddenly make the isometric view fresh again… Thumbs Up

Will there be M.C. Escher inspired levels???
The game seems to lend itself to that…

As you say it’s really easy to do mind bending puzzles Escher style with this isometric perspective and we actually did some concepts in this directions but I doubt we will use it as a key puzzle since it’s kind of not in the same line as we’re going for with the rest of the puzzles. But it might turn up as something alternative that you can discover while exploring the world. Sarcastic

Joined 2009-05-11

PM

And here’s two small videos I recorded the other day when I was trying out Vine

Repin on the run
Slide Away

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2008-04-03

PM

Looks one of a kind. The screens instantly catch your attention.

www.hardydev.com - blogging about indie and underground adventures

Joined 2009-05-11

PM

DominP - 05 February 2013 10:30 AM

Looks promising! Will any demo version be available?

There will absolutely be a demo when we’re closer to release, which will be sometime this fall if everything goes as plan. We probably also gonna do some public testing before releasing a demo, so maybe we can get some people here to test if there’s people interested in it.

And here’s some concept images that we created last year, might convey the feeling that we’re going for pretty well.

Joined 2009-05-11

PM

Hi guys!

Sorry for not posting any updates lately. We’ve been hard working on the game but also updating our homepage and recording some new video footage from our demo we made last year.

So here’s the updates:

- A development blog for Pavilion http://blog.inthepavilion.com

- A press site with all the essential information about Pavilion http://press.inthepavilion.com

- Facebook page http://facebook.com/inthepavilion

- New video footage from our 2012 Pavilion demo Vimeo or YouTube

Hope you enjoy this updates and we hope to deliver updates more frequently from now on. If you have any feedback post it here or send me an email at henrik ( at ) visiontrick.com

Take care!

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2007-06-11

PM

Interesting video.  I’m intrigued.  It looks a little like a platformer without all of the jumping.  The artwork alone is enough for me to keep this on my radar.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Congrats for the release

Kotaku had said some crazy things about this game already.. like it is a ‘4th person adventure’ or as ‘you’re almost a god-like being steering a single person towards some sort of spiritual reckoning’.. Intersting!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top