• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last Adventure that got you REALLY hooked !!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

........forgetting about everything ,and the all other games you have got ,...dont wanna waste a sec even if it for sleep or eat! ...
your heart pumps of joy and gooseflesh bumps on the backs of your arms !!!

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Good question!

I become hooked on many games I play, but quite recently it was Dreamfall: TLJ.

If I go further back, it was Gray Matter. That game weaves a wonderful mystery and totally immersed me. I couldn’t stop playing it and finished in about 2 days.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Gabriel Knight 2 three years ago, I played it all day long. Same story goes with The Lost Crown. More recently, I couldnt stop playing Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon.

And these days, I am completely hooked by Umineko no Naku Koro ni (but it is so long, that I am playing it for a few months already Smile)

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Advie - 30 January 2013 05:22 PM

.....forgetting about every thing ,all other games you have got ,...dont wanna waste a sec even if it for sleep or eat! ...

Not eating? I don’t think anything ever got me THAT hooked Wink
I would grab a plate or bowl of a selection of my favorite foods and sit at my comp happily for hours.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 30 January 2013 06:20 PM
Advie - 30 January 2013 05:22 PM

.....forgetting about every thing ,all other games you have got ,...dont wanna waste a sec even if it for sleep or eat! ...

Not eating? I don’t think anything ever got me THAT hooked Wink
I would grab a plate or bowl of a selection of my favorite foods and sit at my comp happily for hours.

just a matter of speech; your wife calling you for dinner but you are hooked enough to ignore the call ... that actually happened to me frequently , “yea yea sweat heart just give me a sec” but i don’t move of course Grin and i end up eating cold food alone and very late after she sleeps ..LOL  

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

If one counts Portal 2 as an adventure (I didn’t think if it as such when I was playing it) then that might come close. I had at least one late night trying to pull myself away from that one. (The first Portal I didn’t leave the computer until I finished it, I think, but that was years ago.)

Realistically, I just can’t get away with that kind of focus these days. Too many people in the house wanting the computer, and I get up at 5 AM most days, so late nights aren’t too practical. I used to be like that with a LOT of games, adventure and otherwise, but these days it just doesn’t work out that way. I have fond memories of immersing myself in Myst games until WAAAAY too late at night, but those days are gone. Maybe when the kids all move out, or if I ever retire…

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I think it was either The Lost Crown or Sherlock Holmes vs Jack the Ripper, back in 2008 or 2009. If you count replays, it would have been a replay of Uru a couple of years ago. Like some others, I don’t have that much time to play games anymore.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Easy question for me..it was the last game I played. Loved the time playing, Thought about the game when I wasn’t playing and couldn’t wait to get back to it…ASA A Space Adventure

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

The 2 games that got me REALLY hooked the last time was when I played Tex Murphy Pandora Directive and GK2, 1 year ago. For some reason I skipped these games in the 90’s, because I didn’t care for FMV’s back then. I am really glad that I gave those games a chance last year.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Gemini Rue last year. Just loved the atmosphere.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

GreyFuss - 30 January 2013 10:44 PM

Easy question for me..it was the last game I played. Loved the time playing, Thought about the game when I wasn’t playing and couldn’t wait to get back to it…ASA A Space Adventure

i really find it awesome as well…
i hope AG would support it with a great review and supports Simon himself with his 1st great work/achievement on ASA ...
for me i do think/consider him one of the nicest Developers (down to earth) around.

i would also consider ASA as a Success for the AG site ,which (if its for me) should honor him (and to be honored with such a talent within it’s members) and may exclusively present ASA with some special coverage plus an exclusive Interview with him .
(that i am sure it is something which Jackal already considering)

if i am not mistaken Simon had shared his progress with ASA here at the AG Community Activity before anywhere else and waaay before the Game’s publishing/release…

Can not wait for a new Adventure form Simon Mesnard

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

There have been several games that got me hooked in the past.

The most recent one was Time Hollow on the DS. Gripped me from the first minute, and I finished it far faster than time actually allowed me… Tongue

The one before that was To the Moon. Finished that in one teary four-hour session… Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

This is one long list…
However, the most rescent one was I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. And before that, The Cat Lady. And before that, Resonance...
There are still a dozen games on this list, but these were the most rescent ones.

Drolin - 30 January 2013 06:12 PM

More recently, I couldnt stop playing Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon.

Bad timing. We started the community playthrough yesterday.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Book of Unwritten Tales.

Before that…Stacking.

Both games were joyous.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

The last adventure game that REALLY got me hooked was probably Stacking. If we’re talking evolution of the genre that’s the route I want it to take.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Well, recently I can say I got pretty hooked with gemini rue, resonance, GK1 and pandora directive. But it’s still not the REALLY hooked way I felt when playing as a kid. Maybe now I just can’t imagine spending 5-6 hour sessions a day on a game. Actually I did play the cave in a day but that’s not what I meant Smile
Another thing about adventures is that you get stuck from time to time which is a perfect natural way for not getting really hooked up and end up playing the whole game in a short breath.
My last really massive game addiction (with all the “forget to eat, sleep, study, socialize and think about anything else”) was not an adventure due to reason mentioned above. It was my first time playing fallout2 7 years ago. sweet memories.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top