• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Walking Dead on Steam & Mac

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2005-08-22

PM

So, I’m playing the Walking Dead on Steam, on a Mac. I am currently on episode 4 and haven’t been able to play an episode in one sitting. The game will always freeze / stop at the same point (roughly, sometimes it gets a little further but not too much). Then the textures start blinking, the music and the sounds loop and I have to force quit.

This has happened with every episode save for the first one. It makes things very bothersome but it somehow fixes itself for no reason after a few days. The thing is, it’s greatly tampering with the emotional impact and the flow of the game and I would like to be able to play the last episode without hiccups.

I’m already running the game with the lowest graphical settings. I’ve tried running the game on another computer (still a Mac though) and the bug was the same (game freezes at roughly the same spot). Any thoughts on what I should try now?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I have no idea what I’m talking about, but is it happening after roughly the same amount of time in each case (e.g., you play for an hour and then this happens)? If so, maybe quit after playing for a little less time than that, then quit and reboot the computer before continuing?

I’m wondering if it could be a memory leak (which used to happen with some old Telltale games on PC, and quitting / restarting fixed it). But the blinking and looping doesn’t really sound the same, and I don’t know if this would be a problem on a Mac.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2005-08-22

PM

I thought about that as well, but I’m not sure that’s the case because the game never freezes after the same time played.

Episode 2 froze after the food distribution, right when Katjaa is attacked by a walker. So, a little at the beginning.

Episode 3 froze when the train stopped in its tracks because of the oil tanker being in the way , so way into the episode.

Episode 4 is freezing when Lee is checking the attic with Kenny and discovering the kid walker , so during chapter 2.

It’s a shame this game is so bugged. It’s enjoyable.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top