• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Up to this moment, Callahan’s is in front with 9 named votes. It is followed by Shadow of the Comet with 7 votes (and no leader). AVS, Myst IV, Spycraft, Dreamfall has 6 votes each (the two latter without a leader too).

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Let’s play Callahan’s!

Unless the votes change in the next 24 or 48 hours?

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Fine by me. 48 hours for the final winner to be announced!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

If Callahan wins, can someone PM Josho??? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

What’s stopping you?  Tongue

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Fien - 19 January 2013 06:12 AM

Shadow of the Comet: Kuru, Sefir, Skeeter, Fien, Tim, Zobraks, Drolin

You missed my vote a few pages ago.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’ve seen several other mention it, and I was planning to do a replay of it in the near future anyway, so I’ll cast my vote for A Vampyre Story aswell.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oops! Edited, Oscar

Dag - 20 January 2013 11:25 AM

I’ve seen several other mention it, and I was planning to do a replay of it in the near future anyway, so I’ll cast my vote for A Vampyre Story aswell.

But you also want to cast a vote for Callahan’s, don’t you? Yes, of course you do… I clearly remember we almost sort of convincec you that 1st-person adventures weren’t entirely evil and that Callahan’s was a great place to start. So.. shall I add your vote, hm?  Innocent

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hi! My name is Guy Incognito. I’m voting for The Westerner!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

diego - 20 January 2013 11:39 AM

Hi! My name is Guy Incognito. I’m voting for The Westerner!

Where’s that sugary treat in my inbox? Pan

Fien, I’m not casting my vote yet here, but hypothetically speaking if Callahan’s gets chosen, will there be a way to get it to run on Win 7 Wink?

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SweetDalilah - 20 January 2013 11:58 AM

but hypothetically speaking if Callahan’s gets chosen, will there be a way to get it to run on Win 7 Wink?

Nope - only The Westerner works on Win 7. None other game!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

diego - 20 January 2013 12:00 PM

but hypothetically speaking if Callahan’s gets chosen, will there be a way to get it to run on Win 7 Wink?

Nope - only The Westerner works on Win 7. None other game!

That’s not enough to convince me, you’ll have to bribe me (Cookies aren’t enough Crazy Naughty)

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fien, I’m not casting my vote yet here, but hypothetically speaking if Callahan’s gets chosen, will there be a way to get it to run on Win 7 Wink?

Doesn’t it run in DOSBox?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 20 January 2013 12:12 PM

Doesn’t it run in DOSBox?

I am certain I played it last time in DOSBox with no problems. It was on Windows Vista, but I dont think this really matters.

EDIT: Windows emulators (like VirtualPC) will probably work too.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yep, DOSbox. Worked fine for me. Or win95.  Cool

Looking forward to:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top