• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Dosbox Turbo on Android, Getting Games to Run. Please Help

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

What I really want is to be able to play them ‘on the go’ using my Samsung Tab 2. I have DosBox Turbo and DosBox Turbo Manager loaded as a frontend on the device. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this.  

The frontend is not as good as D-Fend as you need to type out the commands automatically into autoexec.  I have managed to get the majority of them working, such as Phantasmagoria and Phantasmagoria 2 - both simialr FMV adventure games (and both GOG versions) but I cannot get Tex Murphy to work (or Realms of the Haunting - another great adevnture game) If I enter (bear with me as I am a noob remember!)

Mount c /xxxx/xxx
Cd pandora
Tex 4 

It boots ok but I get an error stating ‘no cdrom drive available, aborting the game. I may now be doing this wrong but I then enter: 

Mount c /xxxx/xxxx/games/
Mount d /xxxx/xxxx/games/ -t cdrom
D:
Tex4

However this time I get a different error message:

Dos/16m error (40) not enough available extended memory (xmin)’

I have searched for answers but cannot find them.  I have ticked (and unticked) the XMS, EMS and UMB support - this overides the memory error message but the game then hangs on a black screen.  Was thinking that maybe my autoexec wordings above are incorrect, but I am not sure.  I have also amended the memory settings - all to no avail.Fingers crossed I can be playing Tex on the go real soon!

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

I just re-downloaded Under a Killing Moon again from GOG - installed and plays fine on my desktop PC, but when I try in DosBox on my tablet I get an error message (different to The Pandora Directive above)

This program will not run properly from the CDROM

You must run the install program and then run the program from your hard drive

I tried again with Realms of the Haunting and entered:

mount c: /xxxxx/xxxxx/
mount d /xxxx/xxxxx/ -t cdrom
d:
cd realms
cd realms
cd data
roth

This time I do not get any memory error message but the game loads (with mouse icon) but the screen presented states ‘Insert ROTH boot CD’

Unable to get past this

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I may be wrong about this…

If you are mounting the hard disk install of the program as C: and the CD image as D: then after your “mount” commands run the game from C: rather than D:

So..

d:
cd realms
cd realms
cd data
roth

...becomes…

mount c: /xxxxx/xxxxx/
mount d /xxxx/xxxxx/ -t cdrom
c
:
cd Pandora
Tex4 

...or whatever the correct path is on your mounted C: drive.

Hope that helps?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

Intense Degree - 14 January 2013 10:10 AM

I may be wrong about this…

If you are mounting the hard disk install of the program as C: and the CD image as D: then after your “mount” commands run the game from C: rather than D:

So..

d:
cd realms
cd realms
cd data
roth

...becomes…

mount c: /xxxxx/xxxxx/
mount d /xxxx/xxxxx/ -t cdrom
c
:
cd Pandora
Tex4 

...or whatever the correct path is on your mounted C: drive.

Hope that helps?

That actually helped - got me a little further.  To a sound config error screen and to a CD swap message screen - asking for CD 2 to be entered.

Not sure how to bypass this - CTRL and F4 usually but does not seem to work.  On my tablet I access ‘Special Keys’ - tick the CTRL box and press F4 but nothing happens.  I have mounted the UAKM 1, 2, 3 and 4 GOG files by using imgmount e, f, g, h - is that correct - as used C and D already.

I now have

mount c: /xxx/xxx/
mount d: /xxx/xxx/ -t cdrom
imgmount e /xxx/xxx/UAKM1.GOG -t iso
imgmount f /xxx/xxx/UAKM2.GOG -t iso
imgmount g /xxx/xxx/UAKM3.GOG -t iso
imgmount h /xxx/xxx/UAKM4.GOG -t iso

The good thing is that it actually loads up - music too - but it asks for CD1 when I press start to load the main game

Note - the above worked on Under a Killing Moon only but not on The Pandora Directive - that continues to hang on a black screen

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

Managed to get it to run using the above but the points below are added:

c:
cd moon
tex3

Speech and music plays fine as does the FMV.

In the config screen in the game I amended the drive assignments to the e, f, g and h drives for discs 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively.

All seems to be loading fine with no requests to swap discs.

However just cannot get The Pandora Directive & Realms of the Haunting to work.

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

Just to let you peeps know - Realms of the Haunting now working.

Even though I transfered the installed file to my external sd card on the tablet (as I did with all the other games which ran perfectly) I still had to run the install file in dosbox.

The game now runs with full sound and speech.

Just The Pandora Directive which forever reason does not boot.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-04-15

PM

Fiery Phoenix - 13 January 2013 09:58 AM

What I really want is to be able to play them ‘on the go’ using my Samsung Tab 2. I have DosBox Turbo and DosBox Turbo Manager loaded as a frontend on the device. I am a bit of a noob when it comes to this.  

The frontend is not as good as D-Fend as you need to type out the commands automatically into autoexec.  I have managed to get the majority of them working, such as Phantasmagoria and Phantasmagoria 2 - both simialr FMV adventure games (and both GOG versions) but I cannot get Tex Murphy to work (or Realms of the Haunting - another great adevnture game) If I enter (bear with me as I am a noob remember!)

OOH! I’ve been bashing my head in forever trying to get Phantasmagoria running on Android - would you be so kind as to give me a few pointers? I tried to send a PM but keep getting errors.

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

You should have a PM

Joined 2013-09-22

PM

i still have not managed to run uakm. still get the insert cd2 message. any help please? i dream of playing it on my tablet!!

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

PM sent

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-01-04

PM

pr0xZen - 15 April 2013 01:28 PM
Fiery Phoenix - 13 January 2013 09:58 AM

OOH! I’ve been bashing my head in forever trying to get Phantasmagoria running on Android - would you be so kind as to give me a few pointers? I tried to send a PM but keep getting errors.

Help! Also trying to get phantasmagoria to run on my Samsung Tab 3 via DosBox Turbo I’ve got the game on my tablet just trying to get the correct command to start the game.

Joined 2009-03-26

PM

Hi - try this:

All my settings are factory set - only thing I changed was the Autoexec settings.

I typed up:

mount c Mehmnt/extSdCard/Scumm (the folder where I keep my games)
C:
cd phan
sierra

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-01-04

PM

I got it figured out last night after a bit of frustration. After renaming some folders I can pull up everything much easier. Now if only I had more than 8GB of memory on my tablet. Micro sd only has 488MB. I’d be downloading a lot more old games onto this tablet!

Joined 2012-10-31

PM

Monster Bash runs really really slow compared to other more advanced games like Little Big Adventure & System Shock.
Anyway know how to speed up Monster Bash?

Also, Alien Carnage (Halloween Harry), the menu freezes and I can’t select anything. Anyone else get this problem?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top