• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

lakerz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Friday 11 January 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve always found Toonstruck quite overrated (I guess I have the same problems with it as with DotT: it’s a story-less puzzlefest of dubious design whose weird humour is supposed to excuse all the flaws), but I guess it’s never a bad idea to post a scene with Fluffy Fluffy Bun Bun.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

How wrong can a man get?
I guess one can’t get more wrong than this:

Kurufinwe - 11 January 2013 12:20 PM

I’ve always found Toonstruck quite overrated (I guess I have the same problems with it as with DotT: it’s a story-less puzzlefest of dubious design whose weird humour is supposed to excuse all the flaws)

Both of these great games do have stories (you may not like those stories, but there they are).
Both of these games have great characters, puzzles, humo(u)r, music and (maybe the most important) great playability. I LOVE it when you can play a game without tripping over bugs, glitches and such crap.

I think Toonstruck is one of the most underrated adventure games ever.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’d probably need couple of pages to even begin to say what I think about Toonstruck, so let me put it short: it’s one of the best adventures. Like Mr. Z said I also think it’s underrated.

I’ll just mention two design features that NONE other game accomplished in such way - never before or after, when I was being sure I’m near at the end of the game, I would find out that I’m actually at the half of it. And secondly, the stuff in your inventory are not only used in a “traditional” sense, they’re also the only thing that can save you. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Hehe, I have to agree with Zobraks and Diego here. The only thing I didn’t like about Toonstruck was infact Fluffyfluffybunbun. I like cute rabbits, but Fluffybun isn’t one. She’s annoying… Very, very annoying. Monty Python had a thing about blowing up rabbits. If the puzzles revolving Fluffyfluffybunbun ended with her being blown up, Toonstruck would be flawless! Smile On a personal note, I’d have preferred Drew to be drawn into the cartoonworld, rather than digitalized, but that’s just me.

In my opinion, one of the saddest things to ever happen in the world of gaming, is the fact that the second half of Toonstruck never got a release (not to mention the cancellation of Toonstruck 2). I don’t know if this is common knowledge or not, but Keith Arem, a developer who currently owns the rights to Toonstruck 2, is planning to release a full version of Toonstruck which would include the second half of the game. There’s a petition that’s been ongoing since 2010 on facebook. Please sign up asap if you haven’t! To quote Keith Arem:

Now that my career has developed, I would like to re-release an updated version of Toonstruck to include the 2nd half of the game (iPad, online, etc), but I would need tremendous fan support to justify its release.

As I understand, the plan with the re-release is to rebuild the game’s fanbase before getting into the actual sequel. It should be (y)our duty, as part the Adventure Gamers community, to help this project in any way we can, even if Toonstruck wasn’t your cup of tea.

More info:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/toonstrucktwo

http://www.facebook.com/groups/140186316013394/

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

I really like Toonstruck!

The annoying part of Fluffy suits her perfectly. It’s like a disguise for the whole “I want to cutefy the world! ” It wouldn’t be Fluffy Bun Bun without it! Smile

(that’s what the game wants U to think, at first. That Fluffy is just annoying and harmless.)

I would love to see a Toonstruck 2.

Oh I forgot:

I WANT POPCORN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Crazy

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t remember much but first thing that came to mind was that Fluffy Bun Bun annoying voice! Stuff of nightmares… But I guess that was the point

Kurufinwe - 11 January 2013 12:20 PM

(I guess I have the same problems with it as with DotT)

Whaaaaaaaaat?!? Tongue

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

wilco - 11 January 2013 02:47 PM

I don’t remember much but first thing that came to mind was that Fluffy Bun Bun annoying voice! Stuff of nightmares… But I guess that was the point

Yea, it probably was. And it worked! I remember dreading that particular screen, I’d just be quickly passing by. Fortunately, Fluffybun isn’t being shy about what she wants from you, so there isn’t much need to spend time in that screen anyway Smile

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

wilco - 11 January 2013 02:47 PM

I don’t remember much but first thing that came to mind was that Fluffy Bun Bun annoying voice!

The actress has done a lot of voice-over in cartoons over the decades (I think some of them I even watched as a child), a few other games and also other voices in Toonstruck.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0534134/

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Never played Toonstruck but I 100 % agree about DoTT - completely overrated! Smile

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I enjoyed Toonstruck, except for one thing. Not our flufbunny, I thought she was hilarious. But the most superawfullest of sidekicks: Flux! He talked a lot in the first part of the game and I don’t remember a single funny comment.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I don’t think it’s underrated. I had to quit halfway through because the humour didn’t click with me at all and was irritating. Which doesn’t surprise me, I never really ‘got’ those hysterical type of cartoons when I was younger. Besides, it’s in the Top 100, what more do you want? Smile

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Toonstruck was the first game I ever played, so i will always have fond memorys for it. I remember I was 7 when I played it, and took me a long time to complete it.. probably because of my age. I anticipated the sequel immediately.. alas it never came Frown

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I don’t agree with Kurufinwe, but I can definitely see where he’s coming from with puzzle-fest and dubious design. Half the game is basically one huge fetch quest. I still had a lot of fun with it, though. I even liked the ending, which is considered a cliff-hanger by many. Tongue

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

No wonder, since it’s just half the game:p The second half never got released, like I mentioned some posts above, hence my begging of you to sign the petition for the full game’s release. I made the mistake of writing a wall of uniteresting text before mentioning the petition though, so people have probably just skimmed past it without noticing. Go sign it, dammit! Tongue

But yeah, I can’t deny, it’s one fetch quest after another, yet it still stands today as one of my all time favourites. I have a serious thing for mirror house style, cartoon comedies with stellar voice acting. There aren’t as many of them as I would have liked.

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

The sheer amount of voice talent on show in Toonstruck is still amazing to this day - how many games can you say have the amount of well known and big name actors in them these days? even by high profile mainstream releases this is some achievement.

I still love the game and always will, even if we never get to see the true ending.

I’m on a whole new adventure.
Growing a mustache?
No. Bigger than that.
A beard?!?

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

True that. Hopefully, the recent boom in adventure gaming will make it socially acceptable for high profile actors to lend their talents to this wonderful genre once again. Many people found Flux Wildly to be annoying (I guess there’s something Froderick-ish about him), but just the fact that he’s voiced by Dan Castellaneta, who’s one of the greatest voice actors in the world, makes him a very welcome part of the game as far as I’m concerned.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top