• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Naming children after adventure game characters

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Has anyone done it?

I don’t plan on having kids, but if I did I wish I would have two girls (maybe twins) so I could name them April and Zoe. Tongue

What characters would you guys name your children after?

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

lol, I wouldn’t name my kids after adventure game characters :p

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I’d rather name my kids after 80’s action stars, oh yeah. Little Arnold, Sylvester and perhaps Bruce.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

yeah so they could hate you more easily(ok Bruce is not that bad but still).if you’re gonna do it at least pick something the kid is not gonna be laughed at for.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

jhetfield21 - 10 January 2013 10:19 PM

yeah so they could hate you more easily(ok Bruce is not that bad but still).if you’re gonna do it at least pick something the kid is not gonna be laughed at for.

So, not Bernard then. Hoagie?

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

hahahahaha….i think this is one of those “at your own risk” type of situations.
definitely not hoagie though Tongue unless you plan on being disowned from being a parent sometime in the future.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 10 January 2013 09:39 PM

I’d rather name my kids after 80’s action stars, oh yeah. Little Arnold, Sylvester and perhaps Bruce.

Grin

When I first saw this topic I thought that whoever wants to name their kids after adv. game characters must be crazy. “Hey honey, I’ve decided that I’ll name my son Guybrush and my daughter Rosella” Crazy

I’d probably name my kids after my favourite actors. Grin I’m not telling you who… Shifty Eyed  Tongue

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If you paused and thought for a second, perhaps you’d notice how naming conventions differ from country to country.

There’s nothing wrong with either of those three names in Denmark, where Sylvester is actually a popular name for children as of late.

But I’m sorry, perhaps it’d please your lordship if I went with good, strong traditional Greek names like Panagiotis or Yannis? That would ensure popularity Smile

On a side note I have no plans of getting kids, the name concept were thought of for fun, so don’t worry, my imaginary kids won’t get bullied if I decided to move to Greece.

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Well this didn’t go as I planned.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Come on people!! It doesn’t have to be extreme names!! Who would like to be called Azriel or Crispin anyway!! There are plenty other names that are really common (Ben, Kate, George, Gabriel, April are the first that come to mind).

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Sefir - 11 January 2013 01:21 AM

Who would like to be called Azriel or Crispin anyway!!

Tongue

But yea, I wasn’t only talking about extreme names. It can be any AG name, more in the spirit of things.

For example, I’d probably name a boy Gabriel Robert __ or Wilbur Arthur __.

Robert is from The Last Express
Wilbur from BOUT
Arthur from Journeyman Project 2/3.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tex as nick of kid would work.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

inm8#2 - 10 January 2013 08:56 PM

Has anyone done it?

I don’t plan on having kids, but if I did I wish I would have two girls (maybe twins) so I could name them April and Zoe. Tongue

True story: In 2005/06 one of the regulars of a Dutch adventure forum (Adventure Island) was pregnant and she wanted to name the child after April Ryan. She gave birth to a boy and yes, his name is Ryan.  Cool

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 11 January 2013 01:04 AM

If you paused and thought for a second, perhaps you’d notice how naming conventions differ from country to country.

There’s nothing wrong with either of those three names in Denmark, where Sylvester is actually a popular name for children as of late.

But I’m sorry, perhaps it’d please your lordship if I went with good, strong traditional Greek names like Panagiotis or Yannis? That would ensure popularity Smile

On a side note I have no plans of getting kids, the name concept were thought of for fun, so don’t worry, my imaginary kids won’t get bullied if I decided to move to Greece.

hahahahah you got me there….i never would have thought Sylverster to be popular in Denmark of all places.actually i didn’t even know people have this name in Denmark.

then again i’m surprised you know of the popular names in Greece…of course half of Greece is named that way since we have a tradition here to name kids after grandfathers and there are some names that have been used more often.so it’s not like it’s a popular name by choice,more like by tradition.

in general i think anything non extreme is ok or rather anything that won’t hurt the kid in some way later…unless it’s a special case,ie Sylvester in Denmark.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

My daughter named her dog Simon after Simon the Sorcerer, her favorite game as a youngster.  There are a lot of good names in games to name your children. I personally love the name April.  I didn’t think of it when I was naming my children.

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2004-09-28

PM

My kids are named Robocop and Ghostbusters.  I think deep down they like it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top