• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Stranded [ended]

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Bonsai - 09 January 2013 08:47 PM

Thank you Kiss  Nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.

Nope, I’ve said far nicer things.

@zobraks:  I am female and I am single and as you say we might be compatible…...........nah. Don’t want to come between you and Fien…....unless Gasp

You’re not female, you’re not single, you’re just infantile and you have nothing to say.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A quick curios overview trying to see where i stand , which resulted me being disappointed Neutral  Meh

zobraks72, SweetDalilah63, chrissie43,kate me33, TimovieMan23, Advie20, Gabe15. Drolin10, L.Kestrel9, Bonsai1

P.S: i beg your pardon handsfree if this might be considered as an interference with your Quiz/thread ,i just thought there would be no harm at reconnoitring the results before you come up with the final’s   Innocent

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Nobody requested more time so the deadline is 9:00 pm today, a little over 8 hours from now.

Advie - 09 January 2013 06:56 PM

WELL more time would not be helpful i claim, but maybe IMHO giving a tiny hit for #6 like mentioning the decade/period of the game release , or its genre if its funny, drama , horror .......Classical ...etc

OK, for who wants to know, the genre is horror.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Advie - 09 January 2013 09:25 PM

A quick curios overview trying to see where i stand , which resulted me being disappointed Neutral  Meh

zobraks72, SweetDalilah63, chrissie43,kate me33, TimovieMan23, Advie20, Gabe15. Drolin10, L.Kestrel9, Bonsai1

Well actually zobraks has 71, with 6. just guessed. You over-counted. Wink Tongue

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SweetDalilah - 10 January 2013 12:27 PM
Advie - 09 January 2013 09:25 PM

Well actually zobraks has 71, with 6. just guessed. You over-counted. Wink Tongue

why did you have to tell me Gasp   , see what what you have done SweeetD Cry ; you have me Detract my believe in the Mighty Zobraks !!!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SweetDalilah - 08 January 2013 09:24 AM

Don’t tell me you can’t handle the competition?

That’s right Tongue I was planning on taking a part even though I’ve been sorta busy in last couple of days, because it’s a lovely quiz, but when I saw Zobraks guessing those games I lost every of bit of motivation Meh I wanted to make amend by guessing 6 or 35, but I failed even with those ones. Tongue (can’t wait to see where they come from, especially #6, I can’t believe I couldn’t find a cartoon adventure )

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 10 January 2013 03:24 PM

That’s right Tongue I was planning on taking a part even though I’ve been sorta busy in last couple of days, because it’s a lovely quiz, but when I saw Zobraks guessing those games I lost every of bit of motivation Meh

Participating is more important than winning. Pan

The quiz was too good not to participate, imo. HandsFree did a great job!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

Thanks for joining again everyone. Smile
Everything has been guessed this time!

Here are the statistics:
Number of correct guesses:
71 zobraks
63 SweetDalilah
50 chrissie
33 kate me
24 TimovieMan
20 Advie
15 Gabe
10 Drolin
09 Lady Kestrel
01 Bonsai

Only one to guess the screen:
03 zobraks

First one to guess the screen:
29 zobraks
17 SweetDalilah
10 Gabe
05 Advie/TimovieMan
04 chrissie
03 Lady Kestrel
01 Bonsai/Drolin

Here are the links to the pictures again:
Stranded1
Stranded2
Stranded3
Stranded4

And the answers:
1 Black Mirror 3
2 It Came from the Desert
3 Runaway: A Road Adventure
4 The Martian Memorandum
5 Last Half of Darkness: Society of the Serpent Moon
6 Veil of Darkness
7 Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle
8 Next Life
9 The Book of Unwritten Tales
10 Doc Apocalypse
11 Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers
12 And Then There Were None
13 Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel
14 UFO’s
15 Jack Orlando
16 Belief & Betrayal
17 King’s Quest 6: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
18 Curse of Enchantia
19 Darkness Within: In Pursuit of Loath Nolder
20 Reperfection, volume 1
21 Universe
22 Outcry
23 Aurora: The Secret Within
24 Sam & Max: Ice Station Santa
25 Granny/Armed & Delirious/Dementia
26 Secret Files 3
27 Bargon Attack
28 Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
29 Journey to the Center of the Earth
30 Chewy: Escape from F5
31 Lost Horizon
32 Leather Goddesses of Phobos! 2: Gas Pump Girls Meet the Pulsating Inconvenience from Planet X
33 Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis
34 Undercover: Operation Wintersun
35 Santa Fe Mysteries: Sacred Ground
36 Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon
37 Syberia
38 Art of Murder 3: Cards of Destiny
39 Legacy: Dark Shadows
40 Doctor Who: City of the Daleks
41 Overclocked: A History of Violence
42 The Legend of Crystal Valley
43 A Tale of Two Kingdoms
44 Full Throttle
45 Manhunter: San Fransisco
46 Ceville
47 Jack Keane
48 Martin Mystere: Operation Dorian Gray
49 Harvey’s New Eyes
50 Sentinel
51 Beneath a Steel Sky
52 King’s Quest 4: The Perils of Rosella
53 Police Quest 3: The Kindred
54 Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock
55 Sanitarium
56 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
57 The Walking Dead, episode 3: Long Road Ahead
58 The Lost Chronicles of Zerzura
59 The Dark Convergence
60 To the Moon
61 Art of Murder 2: Hunt for the Puppeteer
62 Diamon Jones: Eye of the Dragon
63 Escape from Delirium
64 Lost in Time
65 A New Beginning
66 Space Quest 1: The Sarien Encounter (VGA)
67 Superhero League of Hoboken
68 Hector Badge of Carnage, episode 2: Senseless Acts of Justice
69 Resonance
70 Secret Files Tunguska
71 The Moment of Silence
72 Blade Runner
73 The Case of the Cautious Condor
74 GAG
75 Innocent Until Caught

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

24! Must be a record for me… Tongue

But then again, if I wasn’t preparing a quiz of my own (long term project, don’t get your hopes up yet), I wouldn’t have accidentally stumbled on about 4-5 of these… Tongue

Edit: wow, and I should’ve gotten two more! I hate missing screenshots from games I’ve played…  Angry

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

I’ve really missed forum quizzes…
So, when’s the next one? Grin Crazy

I am baaaaaaaack!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Congrats Zobraks I know you had the answer for those 5 but you chosen this to ovoid hurting other feelings at least me Crazy

Congrats SweetD, why you always give me the impression that you aren’t that great Adventurer when you are, afraid of someone’s envies ? Tongue

Congrats Chrissie you always get to be one of the three top winners at any contest , you sure got a talent. Thumbs Up

and thanks Handsfree for the great Quiz and also for taking my long list of Wrong Answers and still reply Smile 

and i claimed to be Adventurere No.1 Foot in mouth

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Yay I guessed 63 screens and won 2nd place!  

Thank you for a wonderful quiz, HandsFree!

SweetDalilah - 08 January 2013 09:24 AM

Don’t tell me you can’t handle the competition?

That’s right Tongue I was planning on taking a part even though I’ve been sorta busy in last couple of days, because it’s a lovely quiz, but when I saw Zobraks guessing those games I lost every of bit of motivation Meh

I bet you saw me guessing those games first at the beginning and you gave up on the quiz thinking you couldn’t beat my score either. Naughty Tongue Admit it!

I wanted to make amend by guessing 6 or 35, but I failed even with those ones. Tongue (can’t wait to see where they come from, especially #6, I can’t believe I couldn’t find a cartoon adventure )

Oh don’t worry. They turned up to be quite obscure games anyway. Grin

TimovieMan - 10 January 2013 03:58 PM

But then again, if I wasn’t preparing a quiz of my own (long term project, don’t get your hopes up yet), I wouldn’t have accidentally stumbled on about 4-5 of these… Tongue

Why are you writing such great news in small letters?  Shifty Eyed Pan Tongue I’ll be looking forward to your quiz. Can’t wait for it to see the light of the day. Grin

TimovieMan - 10 January 2013 03:58 PM

Edit: wow, and I should’ve gotten two more! I hate missing screenshots from games I’ve played…  Angry

The only games I didn’t guess were the ones I’ve never heard of or the ones I checked but couldn’t find those particular screens (so it didn’t cross my mind those games might be it Shifty Eyed (like 74))

Advie - 10 January 2013 04:39 PM

Congrats SweetD, why you always give me the impression that you aren’t that great Adventurer when you are, afraid of someone’s envies ? Tongue

No, I actually like to be envied. The case is actually that I’m not very talkative. I don’t like commenting in all the threads on all the games like you do. Pan Tongue

Plus both me and zobraks haven’t played half of the games we guessed, we’re just very good at remembering and recognising games (and if that fails we’ll search through all the goddamned games we can think of until we find that screen Tongue)

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

SweetDalilah (after a mile-long post) - 10 January 2013 06:23 PM

I’m not very talkative.

Yeah, and you don’t use far too many smilies too:

SweetDalilah (in one post) - 10 January 2013 06:23 PM

Naughty Tongue Grin Shifty Eyed Pan Tongue Grin Shifty Eyed Pan Tongue Tongue

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5834

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations zobraks on your impressive win & also SweetDalilah not too far behind!
Even if I’d remembered or found the screenshots for the 7 games I’ve actually played & missed I would still have trailed behind!

Thank you HandsFree for a very enjoyable quiz & some interesting screenshots!

Total Posts: 4253

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Thanks, folks!
I’m not a man of words - I prefer funny pictures, so here’s how I see the final standings:

The biggest THANKS goes to HandsFree for creating the torture quiz, of course.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top