• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Thursday 10 January 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oh Mags…

Yesterday, I finished my first replay of Last Window. Even though it’s only been a couple of years, there were a lot of things I had forgotten about, so it was great. And I really, really love the mood of that game and its overarching theme of people coming to terms with the past.

Cing’s demise is one of the biggest tragedies in recent years.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 10 January 2013 12:21 PM

Ain’t that the truth… Frown

Well, at least we’ll always have Another Code, Hotel Dusk and Last Window. And even Again wasn’t all that bad.
Actually, I’m having a hard time deciding which of their three classic DS-titles I found to be the best. They’re all very close to each other in quality…

Last Window might just win the photo finish by a nose length, though. Great game!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I really, really must play a DS adventure soon. I’m hearing so many good things.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fien - 10 January 2013 12:56 PM

I really, really must play a DS adventure soon. I’m hearing so many good things.

Apart from Ghost Trick and the three classic Cing-games, most great DS titles are closer to visual novels (relatively low on gameplay but high on reading). If you don’t mind that, then yes, the DS offers at least a dozen really good adventure games… (obviously there’s going to be a lot more than a dozen - just ask MikeKelly - , but I’m talking “really REALLY good” here)

It’s no coincidence that six of them made the top 100 last year!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 10 January 2013 12:35 PM
Kurufinwe - 10 January 2013 12:21 PM

Ain’t that the truth… Frown

I agree. They could be doing some great things on the 3DS and WiiU…

Still have to play Again and Another Code R to finish their adventure games.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Fien - 10 January 2013 12:56 PM

Same here, I need to at least try one. I’m still turned off by a few things, namely why do all the games look the same with the same text box and hand drawn portraits. And I’m not really into visual novels. Would rather read a comic book in the park.

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

I have actually only played Another Code, and that was when the DS was new and it was hype. I remember that I liked that game, but I didn’t play much more games on my DS after that.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top