• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Six-Ten professional gamers required.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-09

PM

Hello my name is Jack,
I am the head of a new games company and we’re currently developing a new 2D adventure game.

Our game is hundred percent unique , the story is unique , the characters are unique and the concept art is unique.

We are aiming for the best result that’s why we’re currently in need of six - ten hardcore gamers to stay in touch with us and to give us feedback and ideas to improve the game.

If you’re interested -

- You are high experienced gamers.
- You are mature.
- You have Skype.

If you think you’re meeting the standards send me a private message and tell me a bit about yourself.

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

I think you’d have a much better response to this if you posted some concept art and some story line…

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

J.H - 09 January 2013 06:53 PM

I think you’d have a much better response to this if you posted some concept art and some story line…

Either the project is very amateur, or they don’t want there ‘EXTREMELY UNIQUE’ project stolen.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Website? Some info? How many people are working on it? Previous experience? Will it be free? What program are you using?

Thanks.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

We’ll need a little more info, or I’m calling ‘spam’ on this…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

JackCohen - 09 January 2013 12:33 PM

Hello my name is Jack,
Our game is hundred percent unique , the story is unique , the characters are unique and the concept art is unique.

No way.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-09

PM

Okay I am going to answer some of the questions above, first I am not planning to show concept art we keep it inside the project for now but those who would be chosen would have the chance to check the concept art etc.

- We’re five people working on the game.

- We’re using Unity3D engine.

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

if you’re this early in the game then you’re seeking for advisers especially if you want the hardcore ones which means a paid job normally.yet you’re asking for people to just help you without even showing something to motivate them?
aren’t you asking for too much?
if i felt i met the requirements i wouldn’t have a problem with helping without wage but i certainly wouldn’t commit to something i don’t know if i like or not.
also concept art doesn’t reveal the whole project just some parts of the world it’s based on.and not enough for someone to actually steal it.and if you have unique characters and unique everything else that can’t be conveyed with just the art then you don’t have to be afraid.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

The problem is the concept of a “100% unique” is “unique” to each one.

I can say this project is a 100% unique too:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=46681.0

Nice try anyway.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

jhetfield21 - 10 January 2013 10:28 PM

if i felt i met the requirements i wouldn’t have a problem with helping without wage but i certainly wouldn’t commit to something i don’t know if i like or not.

I couldn’t have said it any better than that myself.

I couldn’t care less about wealth or status, I’ve allways been the kind of person who pursues his dreams, regardless of what other people say, and how far fetched it may seem to be able to make a living from it. Being able to help assist with a proffessional 2D adventure would be a dream come true, but nothing presented so far from the OP provides any assurance that this is a proffessional setting, nor that the people involved are any pleasant to work with.

Show me a promising screenshot, and/or say something that could indicate that your team possesses some sort of humoristic sense, share some of the plans? Is it sci-fi/fantasy/realistic/comedy/mystery/what?? If I had any reason at all to believe in your project, I’d be the guy in the first row going: “PICK ME, PICKME,ME,ME,ME,PICK ME!!”, and I’d be willing to work night and day for free, but as you may have noticed, the only reactions you’ve gotten so far in this thread have been skeptic, reluctant and even dismissive, and that for good reason.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Dag - 11 January 2013 02:28 PM

I couldn’t care less about wealth or status.

From what I’ve seen, or better what I have not seen, I don’t think this should be a concern.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Probably bad wording by me, I just meant that I’ll happily work my a%& off for free for something I believe in, whereas all the gold in the kingdom wouldn’t be enough for something I didn’t believe in. I’m well aware that they weren’t offering the princess and half the castle Tongue

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top