• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Monday 7 January 2013

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today, radioactive druids!

(courtesy of House of Tales’s Mystery of the Druids, duh)

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I’m sure I’ll be in a minority of one here, but I really enjoyed this game!

Don’t misunderstand me, there is loads wrong with it, from one of the most annoying/confusing dialogue systems I have ever encountered to some frankly ridiculous puzzles and situations but I think the main character (Brent Halloran?) was great, funny and really refreshingly different from so many other protagonists.

I know some people went a little bit crazy about the “Steal from a tramp” puzzle but personally, in the spirit of the game, I found it perfectly fine and funny! Overall the mix of the ridiculous and the serious/horror type elements won me over. Definitely time for a replay methinks.

Good choice Kuru!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ah, so THAT’s what King Graham was looking at in the Caption Contest…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Laughing

Let’s hope he didn’t eat with them too!  Wink

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Intense Degree - 07 January 2013 11:57 AM

I’m sure I’ll be in a minority of one here, but I really enjoyed this game!

Don’t misunderstand me, there is loads wrong with it, from one of the most annoying/confusing dialogue systems I have ever encountered to some frankly ridiculous puzzles and situations but I think the main character (Brent Halloran?) was great, funny and really refreshingly different from so many other protagonists.

I know some people went a little bit crazy about the “Steal from a tramp” puzzle but personally, in the spirit of the game, I found it perfectly fine and funny! Overall the mix of the ridiculous and the serious/horror type elements won me over. Definitely time for a replay methinks.

Good choice Kuru!

Not a total minority!

I’ve had my copy sitting by for some time for a replay (only Gog/AS sales have stopped me from loading it). The tramp puzzle was only annoying because it was for coppers for a phone call and therefore came across as very contrived. And it was Brent Halligan.
One thing I had forgotten was that the game was over 3 CDs (just looked) so it’s probably a longer game than I remember.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

What do you think has aged worse? FMV or 90s 3D?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top