• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Sunday 30 December 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today’s 30th December, which means it’s already the penultimate day of the year—and, more importantly, of the 2012 Scenies!

There are only two categories left to go. Today, we present the Award for Best Scene Starring an Animal, a Vegetable, or Possibly a Bacterium—because non-humans also deserve their time in the spotlight (except plants that aren’t vegetables; or fungi; that would just be absurd). In a year that has already seen wins from a giant chicken, an AI rabbit and singing frogs, there’s quite a bit of competition.

But it’s time to announce the winner. The Scenie for Best Scene Starring an Animal, a Vegetable, or Possibly a Bacterium goes to . . .

(drumroll)

(more drumroll)

(even more drumroll)

Playing as Toby the Wonderdog, from The Testament of Sherlock Holmes by Frogwares!

It’s a silly sequence, it makes no physical sense, and it completely shatters the dark, gritty tone that the game was trying to build, but it’s just the most fun thing that was released this year. And dogs in fiction are the anti-children: they make everything better. (Actually that doesn’t only apply to fiction; it’s very much true in real life too.) Congratulations to Toby! (And to the silly human who was trying to catch up to him.)

That was Day 6. Do not miss the final day of the Scenies tomorrow, as we present the most prestigious award of all: the Scene of the Year.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Without a doubt the worst part of an otherwise excellent game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Dogs - like kids - make everything worse. Video games included.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I take it you’re not much of a fan of Jolly Rover either then? Smile

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Aww.. a cute dog. I don’t believe this nonsense about kids and dogs.

Haven’t played the new Holmes yet, still waiting for a better sale since I have so much other stuff to play anyway (and to do otherwise).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Dag - 30 December 2012 02:36 PM

I take it you’re not much of a fan of Jolly Rover either then? Smile

Never played it!  Cool

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top