• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which games will you play in 2013?

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fien started the 2012 adventures thread, but now I’m curious what you all would like to play next year! You can mention any game, wether it will be out in 2013 or was released in 1984. My list os the following:

- Secret Files II
- Secret Files III
- The new MDNA game, if there will be one.
- Dark Fall: The Journal. If I like that I will also try to play the second game.
- Tex Murphy: Overseer
- The Last Crown (I hope it will appear in 2013!)
- Bracken Tor (I hope it will appear in 2013!)
- Destination: Treasure Island

I hope that 2013 will not be as horrible for me as 2012 and that I will be so busy with other fun stuff that this is the list of games I will play.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2012-12-24

PM

In terms of adventure games I will be trying to play my way through all the Sierra games I missed out on as a kid starting with the King’s Quest series.  I’ve finished I and am halfway through II so I have a long way to go but I’m having a blast!  There is so much charm in those games!

I also want to play through the Gabriel Knight series (once I find out a way to get 3 working on my Mac) and I’ll probably buy Beyond: Two Souls and Telltale’s Fables whenever they’re released next year.  I also want to play Curse of Monkey Island since I somehow missed out on that game too…

Recently played: Heavy Rain, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future, Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers.
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Last Spector, Last Window: The Secret of Cape West, Portal 2.

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

These I played, but only for a few hour or less. Next year I would like to finish most of them:

Black Dahlia
Culpa Innata
Gray Matter
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail
Myst III: Exile
Overclocked: A History of Violence
Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire
Simon the Sorcerer II: The Lion, the Wizard and the Wardrobe
Superhero League of Hoboken
Tex Murphy: Overseer
The Moment of Silence

And some of adventures, I dont know if i would want to finish them but these looking interesting.

Dark Seed II (didnt like first one, but second one looks visualy similiar to Harvester)
Dust: A Tale of the Wired West
Kingdom O’ Magic
Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches
Snatcher
The Quivering

And from 13 definitely The Last Crown, Asylum, Stasis plus Quest for Infamy and Prominence so… a lot of work Wink.

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Basically what’s in the signature.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Moebius , BrokenSword, Texmurphy and Schafers next, if they can make it in 2013.

Above all Beyond is absolute must , first day purchase.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Currently planning to play through all three Deponia games once the third is released. Other than that I’ll be playing Double Fine Adventure, Broken Sword 5 and a lot of other Kickstarter games if they end up released in 2013 - as well as take a crack at the Quest for Glory series.

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

- Cognition
- The Cat Lady (not entirely sure… gore isn’t my thing)
- The Last Crown and The First Crown
- Deponia 3
- Stacking (delighted it’s available at GOG)
- Asylum (not entirely sure… terror isn’t my thing)
- older games by the developer of The Sea Will Claim Everything
- one of the few remaining Legend Entertainment games I haven’t played
- at least one text adventure (recommendations welcome)
- a couple of older games, like Big Red Adventure and Ripper (if I can get them to work)

And of course I’ll play all the Kickstarter adventures I supported: DF Adventure - Tex Fedora - Moebius - Broken Sword: Serpent’s Curse - Lilly Looking Through - Jack Houston - Quest for Infamy.

Wow, that’s a lot of games.

PS: I forgot the Dreamfall Chapters!

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Fien - 27 December 2012 06:14 PM

- at least one text adventure (recommendations welcome)

If you ever played Kingdom O’ Magic and/or are into fantasy parodies I’ve discovered two 80s titles from the same author - Bored of the Rings and The Boggit

Fien - 27 December 2012 06:14 PM

- one of the few remaining Legend Entertainment games I haven’t played

Oh, what’s on the menu? Yum

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Haunted
Cognition
The Raven
Adam Syndrome
Moebius
Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse
Dreamfall Chapters

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

gray pierce - 27 December 2012 06:33 PM

Cognition
The Raven
Moebius
Dreamfall Chapters

Not to be a party pooper, but I think Dreamfall Chapters won’t be coming until 2014.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Cognition and last episode of Hector.
The Dark Eye (I’ve only just installed it)
Very likely Primordia and Edna & Harvey - The Breakout

Aaand then I don’t really know. I have loads and loads of games to play. Not swearing for the kickstarter projects yet, will see if they come in time Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

i’m finishing up Primordia and 999 now but after that I’m planing on catching on Daedalic adventures - Deponia and other adventures that I just got on the gog.com sale

I’ll also try to play some big classics that I never played - Simon the Sorcerer, Last Express and Quest for Glory

I’ll probably replay the Tex Murphy games before the Project Fedora release - maybe that’s 2014… I hope to play the other projects that I kickstarted in 2013 - wait and see

Will also play the usual Layton or Phoenix Wright games that are released for the the 3DS

And finally anything that Telltale releases (hopefully Fables)

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

My new year resolution is going to be to finish the games I have purchased before getting any new ones!! Given that I complete about 10 games a year, there is enough backlog for many years.

12 adventure games I hope to complete in 2013 (hope being the important word!):

- Resonance
- Primordia
- Lost Horizon
- Runaway 3
- Whispered World
- Sam & Max Season 3
- A new beginning
- Cognition
- Return to mysterious island
- Tex: Pandora Directive
- L.A.Noire
- Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis

Casuals:

- Women’s Murder Club 2,3,4
- Drawn 3

and of course the kickstarters: Moebius, two guys & Tex

Already in progress & will finish next year:

- 1893: A world fair mystery
- Sherlock Holmes: Awakening
- Runaway 2
- Kaptain Brawe
- Zelda: Twilight princess (if that counts as adventure)

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

diego - 27 December 2012 06:25 PM

If you ever played Kingdom O’ Magic and/or are into fantasy parodies I’ve discovered two 80s titles from the same author - Bored of the Rings and The Boggit

Thanks, Diego. Smile I’ll check them out.

Oh, what’s on the menu? Yum

I haven’t played Shannara and The Companions of Xanth yet. And I once started Death Gate but something came up and I want to finish it.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 51

Joined 2011-07-11

PM

Fien - 28 December 2012 12:24 AM

I haven’t played Shannara and The Companions of Xanth yet. And I once started Death Gate but something came up and I want to finish it.

Can I ask what do you think about Timequest, is it good as most fans of Legend says?

And about IF adventures, I could recommend The Ebb and Flow of the Tide, heard that Photopia is also really good and from Infocom I think Moonmist is interesting (some say its not good, but after all, it is in Cornwall Smile).

Currently playing: Ever 17, The Space Bar

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

inm8#2 - 27 December 2012 07:28 PM
gray pierce - 27 December 2012 06:33 PM

Haunted
Cognition
The Raven
Moebius
Dreamfall Chapters

Not to be a party pooper, but I think Dreamfall Chapters won’t be coming until 2014.

According to the upcoming releases page on this site it’s slated for 2013 but I agree it seems highly unlikely.

Oh and I forgot Haunted, edited it to include it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top