• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games suitable for Christmas/New Year

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I’m looking for games that have this Xmasy feel to them, with lots of snow, Santa, gnomes, Christmas trees, etc

Preferably comedy games (like Sam & Max: Ice Station Santa and Puzzle Agent series) or games that have this soothing and relaxing feel to them, or carry adventure spirit (like Lost Horizon, Book of Unwritten Tales series).

I wouldn’t like games that are winterish but will either bore you half way through (like Syberia (even though it was a beautiful game)) or give you the chills (like Barrow Hill, Lost crown, etc)

You are welcome to mention freeware, indie as well as good casual games.

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

I have a strange feeling of deja vu !
Wonder why…  Wink

For funny,and a true point and click adventure I would say Simon the sorcerer
(has a snowy part and a snowman)

The journeman project 3 has snow in one of the travels
Gilbert goodmate has also a snowy bit, it’s funny, but it’s a little borring.
One of the Agon episodes has snow too.

For an atypical and serious adventure there’s Farenheit.

And of course Dreamfall, but being away to long I have no idea if U finished it yet or not.

I am baaaaaaaack!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Why, Christmas Quest, of course! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Fahrenheit and Dreamfall are suitable for this end of the world theme too (it didn’t happen, what?) but they are not cheery holiday games Smile.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

kate me - 22 December 2012 11:01 AM

I have a strange feeling of deja vu !
Wonder why…  Wink

Yay, kate me, you’re back. We all missed you greatly! Heart (Well actually mostly Trunkyo and me, we’ve been wondering where you are, but there was no way of contacting you. You simply got to give me a way to contact you this time Wink) How have you been, btw, and what are you up to these days? Grin

For funny,and a true point and click adventure I would say Simon the sorcerer
(has a snowy part and a snowman)

The journeman project 3 has snow in one of the travels
Gilbert goodmate has also a snowy bit, it’s funny, but it’s a little borring.
One of the Agon episodes has snow too.

Wow, I know all of these games, and I still had no idea they had snowy parts in them. Gasp
I’m not really interested in playing any of the Journeyman Project games right now, really.
I might try playing Simon the Sorcerer first Grin

For an atypical and serious adventure there’s Farenheit.

And of course Dreamfall, but being away to long I have no idea if U finished it yet or not.

millenia - 22 December 2012 12:23 PM

Fahrenheit and Dreamfall are suitable for this end of the world theme too (it didn’t happen, what?) but they are not cheery holiday games Smile.

Thanks for reminding me. I really must play Fahrenheit soon. I haven’t gotten around to replaying Dreamfall yet (been playing mostly comedy games like Hollywood Monsters, Edna & Harvey), but I will probably play The Longest Journey first this time ( I’ll probably like April better Grin)

TimovieMan - 22 December 2012 12:18 PM

Why, Christmas Quest, of course! Wink

Yay, a comedy Christmas game. Thanks a lot TimovieMan Grin Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

SweetDalilah - 23 December 2012 07:42 AM

Yay, a comedy Christmas game.

Three of them, actually.  Christmas Quest is a trilogy!  This article has links to all three.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

My Christmas games are Secret Files 3 and The Critter Chronicles. As for other Christmassy games: Runaway 2 has some snow in it and is very lighthearted. The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav also has a fair bit of snow in it and has that magical Christmassy feeling that Syberia also had but is more fast paced and has more of a grand adventure sense. As for Indie Ben Jordan case 7 takes place around Christmas. And if you’re looking for a more casual experience the third Art of Murder game has some snowy scenes. It’s far from a masterpiece but good for a couple of hours of relaxing fun.

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Jackal - 23 December 2012 12:49 PM

Yay, a comedy Christmas game.

Three of them, actually.  Christmas Quest is a trilogy!  This article has links to all three.

Thank you, Jackal. I actually now remember that I heard about this series before, I have only forgotten it’s name. Smile They’ll be first on my “to play” list. Grin

Nice to see that admins have time to respond to “What game you’re looking for” threads. Grin Your new avatar is brilliant, btw. Grin

gray pierce - 23 December 2012 10:21 PM

My Christmas games are Secret Files 3 and The Critter Chronicles. As for other Christmassy games: Runaway 2 has some snow in it and is very lighthearted. The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav also has a fair bit of snow in it and has that magical Christmassy feeling that Syberia also had but is more fast paced and has more of a grand adventure sense. As for Indie Ben Jordan case 7 takes place around Christmas. And if you’re looking for a more casual experience the third Art of Murder game has some snowy scenes. It’s far from a masterpiece but good for a couple of hours of relaxing fun.

I already played Runaway 2(in fact the whole Runaway series is my favourite one). I’m not really interested in playing Art of Murder games right now.

I’ll look into the other ones a bit more. Wink Grin I actually didn’t know The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav and Secret Files 3 had snowy regions.

Total Posts: 783

Joined 2010-10-26

PM

Yay, kate me, you’re back. We all missed you greatly! Heart (Well actually mostly Trunkyo and me, we’ve been wondering where you are

Group hug !

I took a break from forums, I was a bit busy. But that’s over now, I’m back and I don’t plan on leaving again too soon!

How have you been, btw, and what are you up to these days? Grin

I’ve been ok, I spent a snow-free Christmas with my family.

I might try playing Simon the Sorcerer first Grin .

I think you’ll like it

I am baaaaaaaack!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top