• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445SpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 22 December 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, the world didn’t end, so let’s celebrate with a pic of sexy Mr Winslow! (from Tales of Monkey Island)

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Wasn’t a big fan of Tales of Monkey Island. Thought the world felt very… empty? Not as bad as the fourth game, but nothing spectacular. I wonder what the general opinion is about the game, now that the initial joy of there actually being a new Monkey Island game has died down.

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Tales is my favorite Monkey Island game. It’s got the best characters (still in love with Morgan) the best humour and by far the best storyline that they took places I never even thought could be visited. It;s one of my favourite all time games. Really really really hoping they’ll make a season 2.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

This was my least favorite of the Tales episodes due to the confined feel, but I have to say, Murray stole the show. he was hillarious, even in the credits. As the credits came up and it credited the voice of Murray he says “that is a damnable lie. My voice comes from the forces of evil”.

YouTube: Weird Gaming Adventure
IG: weird_gaming_adventure

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I played the first 2 episodes of Tales of MI and started the 3rd but haven’t gotten back to it yet.  I think they’re lots of fun, but then I have no point of comparison because I haven’t played the original series.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Captain Blondebeard - 22 December 2012 05:27 PM

This was my least favorite of the Tales episodes due to the confined feel, but I have to say, Murray stole the show. he was hillarious, even in the credits. As the credits came up and it credited the voice of Murray he says “that is a damnable lie. My voice comes from the forces of evil”.

I, on the other hand, think that was my favorite episode of the season - probably exactly because the confined setting counteracted the emptiness that Kasper alluded to. It was also damn funny (the gag with Seabiscuit, the sea horse, stands out in my mind). And, come on, how many games take place inside a giant manatee? Either way, I loved ToMI as a whole. I would love for Telltale to do another season.

Lady Kestrel - 22 December 2012 05:40 PM

...I haven’t played the original series.

GASP! :-)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I think this is Telltale’s best game to date. I liked how they were willing to go dark in some areas without sacrificing the very comical Monkey Island feel.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I think it was very close to being the best they could have done. I need to replay because it’s the only MI game I haven’t played at least twice and I can’t really remember much about it. EXCEPT the control scheme which was more frustrating than Escape, in my opinion.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 22 December 2012 07:14 PM

EXCEPT the control scheme which was more frustrating than Escape, in my opinion.

Suddenly I don’t really like the prospect of playing this in the future. Meh

I thought the control system for Grim Fandango was bad, and the one for Escape from Monkey Island was even worse. I didn’t know they could’ve managed one that was even worse still! Gasp

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

It could be played in point and click form. You don’t have to use the keyboard.

TimovieMan - 22 December 2012 07:27 PM

EXCEPT the control scheme which was more frustrating than Escape, in my opinion.

I thought the control system for Grim Fandango was bad, and the one for Escape from Monkey Island was even worse. I didn’t know they could’ve managed one that was even worse still! Gasp

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Captain Blondebeard - 22 December 2012 07:31 PM

More like Hold and drag, not Point and click.

Oh dear, I hope I didn’t put you off it really is a good game!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 22 December 2012 07:34 PM

Did you really think that you could possible put me, Mr. LucasArts Fanboy, off a Monkey Island game??? Wink Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-08-03

PM

Oscar - 22 December 2012 07:34 PM
Captain Blondebeard - 22 December 2012 07:31 PM

More like Hold and drag, not Point and click.

yeah, but all you have to do is click on an item and he’ll walk to it, but yeah, there is some directing. Grim and MI4 made you set up Guybrush in the direction you want and then he’ll go forward. That isn’t in this.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I don’t think Tales is all that great, to be honest.

It’s nice to have Monkey Island back and I had fun with it, but the characters are very bland except for the main ones. There are so many characters which look almost exactly the same and have a generic ‘piratey’ personality, which I didn’t really get from any of the previous games.

The graphics don’t give the game much character either. They are too similar to other Telltale games while they should have been distinctive and more stylistic.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top