• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoKeybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

http://www.adventuregamers.com/screenshots/view/21238/31441

I think new backgrounds looks interesting. Colors are a little more saturated, but it seems to be a nice blend of realism and cartoon style. I’m not crazy for the pedantic-rendered characters, though.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Sure, and this guy looks hot, I mean interesting, also Tongue

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

The backgrounds somehow remind me of Broken Sword, and not just the scenery. Very nice. I’m not crazy over ‘that’ character look either diego, I know it’s in fashion now but I can’t wait until it goes out. Horribly ugly.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Hmm I think I might need to see some more screenshots before I make any judgement because right now I’m not feeling them.  Pan

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

SweetDalilah - 22 December 2012 07:06 AM

Sure, and this guy looks hot, I mean interesting, also Tongue

Agree Kiss

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

aaroncarney - 22 December 2012 09:32 AM

Hmm I think I might need to see some more screenshots before I make any judgement because right now I’m not feeling them.  Pan

Jane latest update with more screens she reveals
http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=72721

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

A guy, that looks hot, in an adventure game, without spectacular artistic deformations? Awesome. Grin Yeah he’s hot.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanx Advie, that looks great. Here’s one more:

Who’s the guy on the left? George Stobbart? Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Advie - 22 December 2012 11:45 AM

Jane latest update with more screens she reveals
http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=72721

I’m pretty sure that wasn’t supposed to be shared with non-backers.  Pan

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m liking the background art so far. Pretty pleased with how this is turning out… Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’m very happy with the visuals so far, looks great! I’m so pleased that the majority of the returning legendary designers has a renewed focus on beauty and aestethics, rather than technology and convenience.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

diego - 22 December 2012 06:51 AM

I’m not crazy for the pedantic-rendered characters, though.

What do you mean by pedantic?

Worth noting that the wide shot of the desert and Malachi holding the gun (and anything else from the desert that may have *ahem* leaked from the backer update) is from a test render that was done to experiment with how the graphic novel cutscenes may be done. So those are not necessarily final art. The Venice Bridge and Loge Palace backgrounds are reportedly final, though.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

fov - 22 December 2012 01:52 PM

What do you mean by pedantic?

Overly pedantic, I mean. It’s too “clean” or “run-of-the-mill”, the same problem I’ve got with new Broken Sword. It’s not bad by any means, and I don’t know in what stage of production it is, but I’m saying it needs more of an “artistic” touch.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks like another low budget game, no dinstinctive artstyle. Hope writing holds up.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

nomadsoul - 23 December 2012 06:55 AM

Looks like another low budget game, no dinstinctive artstyle. Hope writing holds up.

Totally agree.

This game is not exciting me at all. I just hope the story, script and voice acting are better than the background art! I really miss the mood of the Gabriel Knight series. I believe that people are only excited for a new Jane Jensen game because they want more of what they experienced in Gabriel Knight. Gray matter bored me to no end…. where was the disturbing atmosphere? GK was actually intriguing, suspenseful AND scary! Didn’t find any of that in Gray Matter. The characters were boring and the voice acting was cringe, especially the main female character.

What is the new background art saying about this new game? Not much. Only that it looks boring. I will eat my hat if this game is anywhere close to what GK use to be!  Meh

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

aaroncarney - 23 December 2012 10:06 AM
nomadsoul - 23 December 2012 06:55 AM

Totally agree.

This game is not exciting me at all. I just hope the story, script and voice acting are better than the background art! I really miss the mood of the Gabriel Knight series. I believe that people are only excited for a new Jane Jensen game because they want more of what they experienced in Gabriel Knight. Gray matter bored me to no end…. where was the disturbing atmosphere? GK was actually intriguing, suspenseful AND scary! Didn’t find any of that in Gray Matter. The characters were boring and the voice acting was cringe, especially the main female character.

What is the new background art saying about this new game? Not much. Only that it looks boring. I will eat my hat if this game is anywhere close to what GK use to be!  Meh

I’m just reading a bad attitude here. I understand Gray Matter really didn’t hit the spot for everyone but it was supposed to be a different game than GKs and I could say that the majority of the whines and criticism it got was because people started playing it thinking it’s GK4. That’s just not the way to do it. In addition to the low and struggling budget the whole setting and atmosphere were supposed to be different, and personally I’m happy Jensen isn’t doing every game in the same mold (even though it is a good mold).

Also I doubt the Gabriel Knight’s background art itself would give anyone chills down their spine. If you look at it now after playing the game your feelings are a lot different than when the pics originally came out. Also these days it is rather harder to graphically impress people than it was in the early 90s. GK2 was FMV which was pretty much considered joke back in the day and GK3 was rather butt ugly even for its time. But they were still brilliant. Honestly I’m happy that I didn’t play those games with prejudiced attitude constantly pondering the flaws of the game. And I still try to forget the possible negative presumptions in every game I start to play, I just get a lot more immersed that way.

Though I think I rather feel sorry for the people who are just chanting (aloud or in their mind) “GK4, GK4, GK4” as they could be missing out on a lot. I don’t mean to personally attack you as you can dislike Gray Matter and the Moebius art style as much as you want, the overall tone on your post just seemed horribly negative for a Jensen fan waiting the release of a new game of hers. Or are you perhaps just doing the defense mechanism of “if you don’t except anything good you won’t be disappointed”?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top