• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Feedback on the new site/forums

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Err, where do I rapport bug/problems with the site? The feedback box says ideas and this thing says it’s about the forum, so I’m not sure where to put this, but:

Mouse wheel “open in new tab” problem:
When I mouse wheel click a link to open in a new tab it also opens in the main tab I’m currently reading. So if I’m reading an article that links to another article and mouse wheel click the link to read it afterwards I’m force moved to the new link. Cry

site reloading issue:
Also, when the site reloads after posting a comment I get huge black bars on each side (where the blue is usually) and over the images for several seconds when the page loads. It would be prettier to just watch the blue background while waiting.

It’s not really a huge problem and it might be my internet connection being stupid, but I find that generally the new site and forum loads a lot slower than the old.  Frown 

Edit: I deleted all my cookies and that helped a bit. It loads a bit quicker and I just get a blank page before the forum has loaded instead of the black bar thingies.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

Panthera’s post reminded me of something weird that happened earlier. I clicked on Trumgottist’s link to his game’s review from the first page of this thread. Under the “Post a comment” heading there was my name but instead of the default placeholder avatar (as I don’t have one yet), I had Panthera’s avatar! Her name even appeared as a tooltip when mousing over. I haven’t been unable to replicate it on that page or any other.

Also, is there any way to change the default “MEMBER” title under our names?

Total Posts: 71

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Great relaunch, much improved site. Congratulations, AG!
(My thoughts are with the forum search CAPTCHA. May it rot rest in hell peace).

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Thanks for the comments and bug reports everyone. We’ll be tweaking things over the days to come.

A few issues mentioned here may be with your browser rather than with the site. It usually helps to clear your browser cache (it can be found in your browser settings/preferences) or to do a hard refresh (usually shift+F5). It sounds like the ‘phantom avatar’ might be related to this.

Harald: the cookies do not contain personally identifiable information. They’re used to limit the number of views of certain ads, or make sure certain ads stay targeted to certain countries. See here for details.

Retired AG founder

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

Panthera - 19 May 2012 09:10 PM

When I mouse wheel click a link to open in a new tab it also opens in the main tab I’m currently reading. So if I’m reading an article that links to another article and mouse wheel click the link to read it afterwards I’m force moved to the new link. Cry

Not sure I understand this. Are you trying to open articles in a new tab? Maybe try clicking on the article title instead of the surrounding area.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

I haven’t read the previous posts yet, but I’m getting a strange problem with adding a Signature.

When I copy and paste my old Signature and try to edit a word, it ends up deleting the bottom-half of the Signature instead of the word I wanted to delete. Meh

Also, when I reach the end of a line the words don’t appear. It’s almost like you’re supposed to scroll to the right to be able to see them; of course, there’s no means of scrolling across.

Hope this makes sense

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

The first issue should now be fixed. (The new forums were set to a lower max character count for signatures.) I’ll also adjust the size of the form field soon.

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Great. Thanks!

I don’t suppose there’s any chance of increasing the allowed size for avatars? 15 KB is too low for the avatars I’d like to use. Embarassed

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Marek - 20 May 2012 07:32 AM
Panthera - 19 May 2012 09:10 PM

Not sure I understand this. Are you trying to open articles in a new tab? Maybe try clicking on the article title instead of the surrounding area.

Okey, the mouse wheel or 3rd mouse button as i think it’s also called has the default setting to open in new (background) tab. I use it all the time to open links in new tabs so that they are easily accessible and don’t interrupt my current reading. But when I click on links here, either in the forum or on the site it registers the mouse wheel click as both a left mouse button click AND a 3rd/middle mouse button click.
Meaning that the link I was trying to open both gets opened as a background new tab and opens in the main tab I was currently reading.
So opening a new tab works, but the site also loads the new page in my current tab, making it a bit redundant to open a new tab.
It’s probably not much used, but I’m addicted to the function. When I check out new articles I tend to open them all as new tabs to read through instead of using forward/backwards.

Two examples:
If I search the game archive for interesting games I might find several possibilities, so I middle button click every interesting game to give each its dedicated tab for an easier overview.
Or, I’m reading the forums and somebody links to a Wikipedia article in the middle of their post, so I middle button click it to read it later when I’ve finished their post.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I know I’m repeating myself, but I’m curious that nobody else has posted about this: am I the only one who can’t see the smileys? That is, in people’s posts (or mine), I see words between colons, not actual pictures.

Test:  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Spam  Pan  Heart

Am I the only with this problem?

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Yes?

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I deleted my cookies, and that seemed to fixed it… and then I logged in again and the smileys were gone.

I guess there’s an option somewhere that disables them? I’ll go and look.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

I see the smiley’s just fine.

Total Posts: 77

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Try emptying your browser cache, Kurufinwe.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Nope, doesn’t work. I tried with a fresh Firefox profile, a different browser… As soon as I log in, the smiley pictures are replaced with the code for them. So I guess there’s a setting somewhere in my account that tells the forums to display the code rather than the smileys, but I’ll be damned if I can figure out what it is. Whatever.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top