• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyEstherLoft

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New games in June

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think Tamiil’s new game recap is excellent, as always. I was surprised that there was no option to comment on his post. There usually is. So I will comment here. Two of the five games are PS only. Two are PS with a port to PC. (Seeing how lovely the PS port to PC is working for the current playthrough makes me wonder how playable those games will be. And one is a VR game. Makes me wonder about the future of PC gaming.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

The video is missing The Corruption Within. It’s been announced for June 9th long enough to be in there. I guess they just missed it, though.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

rtrooney - 01 June 2021 09:02 PM

Two of the five games are PS only. Two are PS with a port to PC. (Seeing how lovely the PS port to PC is working for the current playthrough makes me wonder how playable those games will be. And one is a VR game. Makes me wonder about the future of PC gaming.

None of the games are PS only, and none are ports, merely cross-platform releases with PC in mind from the beginning.

And the VR game is a reimagining of a previous PC game.

LittleRose - 02 June 2021 04:19 AM

The video is missing The Corruption Within. It’s been announced for June 9th long enough to be in there. I guess they just missed it, though.

Corruption Within wasn’t missed, but with only five games highlighted each month, some games are invariably left out.

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Hey people, you can comment on the video itself at YT if you want a response from me faster. I didn’t realize comments were disabled on Adventure Gamers though, I keep checking that post and wondering why nobody’s talking. Tongue

I wouldn’t worry about PC gaming too much. The general trend I see is that there is more of everything - console, PC and VR adventures. So you should have something to look forward to no matter what your preference is.

As for The Corruption Within, we did look at it, but it didn’t make the cut. The idea is to feature 5 of the most promising and interesting looking games each month. When compared to the other ones, I suppose The Corruption Within looked weaker.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Makes me wonder about the future of PC gaming.

PC gaming ending…....? NO…....it cannot be….....gasp!

Cry

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Adv_Lvr - 02 June 2021 06:59 PM

Makes me wonder about the future of PC gaming.

PC gaming ending…....? NO…....it cannot be….....gasp!

Cry

People have said so for decades, but it still hasn’t happened. I don’t think it’s going to end any time soon.
Just last year Sony has decided to bring more of their console exclusives to PC, because that’s their biggest opponent. And if even such a big company realizes that, there’s nothing to fear.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

People have said so for decades, but it still hasn’t happened. I don’t think it’s going to end any time soon.
Just last year Sony has decided to bring more of their console exclusives to PC, because that’s their biggest opponent. And if even such a big company realizes that, there’s nothing to fear.

The Xbox and PS5 now use the same hardware as the PC, so does the MAC. So now, when you make a game on one, it can be easily ported to the others. So we are seeing now lots of PC/PS5 and PC/XBOX and of course from third parties XBOX/PC/PS5 games, one big happy family.

You’ll still see exclusive first party games like The Last of Us Part 2, etc. These are to get you to buy the system so they won’t be released on the PC.

All systems have their pluses and negatives, even the Switch which is as different from the PC as you can get and it still sells in droves and Nintendo’s exclusive first party games help drive that. The Switch amazingly has many titles that are PC releases avaliable for purchase. 

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Tamiil - 02 June 2021 12:12 PM

When compared to the other ones, I suppose The Corruption Within looked weaker.

I hope you guys were wrong on that one. Innocent

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-09-09

PM

Adv_Lvr - 02 June 2021 11:10 PM

You’ll still see exclusive first party games like The Last of Us Part 2, etc. These are to get you to buy the system so they won’t be released on the PC.

Uncharted 4 is coming to PC so it seems likely that The Last Of Us games will also arrive eventually.

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

DCast - 03 June 2021 01:15 AM

I hope you guys were wrong on that one. Innocent

I wouldn’t have used the word “weaker,” as that implies something about quality. It’s more a matter of which games drive the most anticipation through their trailers. Kind of like a mini video version of the Hype-o-Meter each month. Corruption Within may very well be great (I hope it is!), but it’s a niche-within-a-niche kind of game, and its trailers don’t really do much to move the needle.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Uncharted 4 is coming to PC so it seems likely that The Last Of Us games will also arrive eventually

Ummmmm no:

“Will The Last Of Us 2 be on PC? It’s unlikely, unfortunately. The Last of Us and the Last of Us 2 are system sellers for PS4.”

The same as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo. I would not look for it to be released on the PC anytime soon either. Nintendo does keep some games to itself, it’s just good business.

Heart

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Jackal - 03 June 2021 04:06 PM

I wouldn’t have used the word “weaker,” as that implies something about quality. It’s more a matter of which games drive the most anticipation through their trailers. Kind of like a mini video version of the Hype-o-Meter each month. Corruption Within may very well be great (I hope it is!), but it’s a niche-within-a-niche kind of game, and its trailers don’t really do much to move the needle.

Makes sense. Is it internal AG staff “hypo-o-meter” kind of thing?
Operation: Tango seem to have great feedback so far, although “co-op only” games isn’t something I’d usually go for. And I was surprised to find Ultreia on the list (I felt like it was a very quiet release), but again - feedback seems to be positive.

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Adv_Lvr - 03 June 2021 06:26 PM

Uncharted 4 is coming to PC so it seems likely that The Last Of Us games will also arrive eventually

Ummmmm no:

“Will The Last Of Us 2 be on PC? It’s unlikely, unfortunately. The Last of Us and the Last of Us 2 are system sellers for PS4.”

The same as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Nintendo. I would not look for it to be released on the PC anytime soon either. Nintendo does keep some games to itself, it’s just good business.

Heart

Yes, for the PS4, but not for the PS5. Also, Sony has decided that they’re going to sell more games if they include the PC more in the future. The games will still be time exclusive, but more are going to be ported later on. The PC version of Uncharted has already been confirmed, and if anybody had told me that this series was going to be ported, I would have laughed at them because it was so unlikely. Still, they’re just PC ports, still no XBox included.

Nintendo is another story. They insist on keeping their games system exclusive.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Nintendo is another story. They insist on keeping their games system exclusive.

There are many amazing games that will never come to the PC for one reason or another. Astro’s Playroom is yet another example, a highly reviewed game that is a show case for the PS5 dual sense controller, this gaming experience can’t be replicated on the PC.

Nintendo is very smart, make great games that are only playable on your system and people will buy your systems. I have many 3DS games that are unique to the system and the PC could not offer the same gaming experience.

Finally, The Last of Us Part 2 has gotten a PS5 performance patch for free:

“The Last of Us Part 2’s PS5 performance patch is free. Meyer called the update “just the first step of working on the PS5.”

My favorite adventure game of all time is only on the PS4: Until Dawn and Sony has no plans to port it to the PC. A VR sequel Rush of Blood is only on PlayStation and is by far my favorite VR game.

Back on topic - Overboard was released in June, and was not on the video and got a 5 star review.

Heart

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

DCast - 04 June 2021 05:19 AM

Makes sense. Is it internal AG staff “hypo-o-meter” kind of thing?
Operation: Tango seem to have great feedback so far, although “co-op only” games isn’t something I’d usually go for. And I was surprised to find Ultreia on the list (I felt like it was a very quiet release), but again - feedback seems to be positive.

Well, in the absence of any actual hype, we’ll tend to just go with the games whose trailers give more reason to be excited about its prospects. It’s a collaborative effort, but Tamiil gets the final call on what goes in.

Adv_Lvr - 04 June 2021 08:47 AM

Overboard was released in June, and was not on the video and got a 5 star review.

Inkle embargoed all pre-release news about Overboard, so we couldn’t include it. Otherwise, we definitely would have.

That said, every month there are games that aren’t included because their imminent launch dates are suddenly sprung on us out of the blue, too late to be part of the video. Argh!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top