• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04KeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Which adventure game character’s line is it anyway?

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I thought this might be a fun game. We already have an Adventure Game Scene…Uh, Game… thread for identifying game images. Now how about id’ing some words?

Rules are simple: Post a line from a game. It could be narrative dialogue or conversational dialogue. If it’s narrative dialogue, then the goal is to guess the game it is from. If it is conversational dialogue, than the goal is to guess the character who says it.

If you want to post a few sentences, that’s fine too. Just try to make it something uniquely identifiable with a specific game.
An example of a good clue: “Pet the bunny. You know you want to.”
An example of a bad clue: “Have a nice day.”

Of course, try not to make your puzzles too obscure. The line doesn’t have to be from one of the game’s main characters, but it shouldn’t come from a random face in the crowd either.

If no one guesses correctly after a day or so, feel free to post more lines by your character or game narrator. You can also open the floor for 20-questions style guesses to help people deduce the answer.

The first person to correctly answer, as confirmed by the clue giver, gets to give the next puzzle.

I’ll go first:

You know, I could put a curse on you that would make every morsel of food you eat turn into a ravenous cockroach inside your intestines, giving you the most excruciating death imaginable!

Have fun!

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I just heard/saw this quote somewhere.  Is it from The Darkside Detective?

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

It wouldn’t originally be from Darkside Detective, but it could be one of the many homages contained in Darkside Detective.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ahem…

Been inactive for 5 years, though. But it was mentioned here... Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

TimovieMan - 18 May 2021 02:59 PM

Ahem…

Been inactive for 5 years, though. But it was mentioned here... Innocent

Ecclesiastes 1:9. I wonder what his wisdom would be on the concept of statutes of limitations.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

It sounds like something Malcolm from the Kyrandia games would say, so.. Kyrandia 3?

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

That’s Madame Xima from Curse of Monkey Island! Laughing

Former AG staff writer Will Aickman

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

It’s a personal opinion that likely won’t be shared by many, but I wonder if the forum needs another “stump the audience” type thread. There are many that bit the dust. The only one that survives is the adventure game scene. And I wonder if it hasn’t lived it’s useful life. It has turned into a trivia contest. I.e. Find an obscure game that almost nobody has ever heard of. Grab a screenshot from the most insignificant event. Crop it to make it unrecognizable in the context of the game. Post it and wait for the search engines to kick in.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Cicerone53 - 18 May 2021 07:46 PM

That’s Madame Xima from Curse of Monkey Island! Laughing

Yes! You got it! Man, that whole exchange makes me laugh so hard. What a woman!
Your turn Cicerone53!

(And yeah, there’s a very good chance that the LucasArts worshippers that made Darkside Detective put this line in their game, which is rife with food and fortune telling mystic types.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Let’s go with:

You are far away from life. And love. And hope. You are surrounded by dust…and it is dust you shall become.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I like this, it sounds fun and very hard. I have no idea about this one, but I’m looking forward to moment something clicks.

It’s just wonderful and absurd, finding fun and maybe even reverence in useless information.. and the weird understanding you have when you realize: we both played this game at some point, like we’ve both been floating around this odd universe filled with adventure games.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Cicerone53 - 19 May 2021 02:11 PM

Let’s go with:

You are far away from life. And love. And hope. You are surrounded by dust…and it is dust you shall become.

That seems like something from a text adventure. Or from Disco Elysium. I consider that a point and click adventure, so I’ll make that my first guess.

Or Dust: A Tale of the Wired West!

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Cicerone53 - 19 May 2021 02:11 PM

Let’s go with:

I don’t know which game that one comes from, but that line will suit perfectly in the upcoming Strangeland.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

It actually sounds more like a text adventure to me, of the horror variety. And one that I’ve played.

Anchorhead?

Joined 2019-10-03

PM

Nobody on the right track so far Tongue

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Hint please!

Is this a first person perspective game?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top