• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

rtrooney - 29 April 2021 03:34 PM

I was thinking of the movie Fahrenheit 451 which was made in 1966. There have been several versions on the move since. The most recent was made in 2018 I think. Obviously the movie could not have been based on the game since the movie came first.

That movie was an adaptation of Ray Bradbury’s novel. Haven’t seen other movies, but I imagine they were also adaptations of his work. The game has no relation to the book from what I remember (I barely played it though), but we are currently living in Ray Bradbury’s dystopia anyway and can watch everything in real time Smile

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

DCast - 29 April 2021 09:32 AM

I’d 100% love it if you’d do that. Most importantly, because you genuinely like the game, and those playthroughs are the best! Also, you seem to remember more than me Grin

I’d appreciate having a leader, I’m only offering myself as a “host” in case the game wins and no one wanted to lead - sort of as a back up, because many people voted for it and I feel like it’s a good one to not experience just because we never found an expert on it.
I’d say - think about it (and anyone else who is considering it), and only if no one wants to do it - I won’t let a good mid-2000s time trip go to waste

My idea is I guess similar to yours. If no one would run for leader and in case the game would win the vote, since it would be a shame to deprive us of playing it just because there is no leader. I would prefer someone who has already been a leader and knows how to do it, or how to structure it, ok I know it’s not a nuclear engineering project but someone who knows how long it can take to advance an average player, how to divide the game into phases or whatever, when to stop and so on. And who can offer good assistance.

Anyway, I didn’t say anything because I was or am waiting to see if someone else offers, but your approach of trying it in a not so structured way seems to me an interesting approach to try. That’s why I said do it, if you decide to try it that way. But for now let’s wait until the voting is over and see if someone else offered or not to take the reins of this possible playthrough.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Well, I have no intention of influencing in your decission, but I would like to let you know something: two years ago we managed to translate Culpa Innata into Spanish, but had real problems trying to modify images, some of them crucial for several puzzles, so we let the translation in stand by.

The person working in the tools for extracting and reimporting the images has now made great progress so I am confident we can resume the project. As I would test the translation throughout as I always do (f.e. Unavowed: 153 hours played in Steam), I would be qualified to be the leader of a Culpa Innata CPT. But of course I won’t be finished before September/October.

I don’t know if this help you or confuse you more haha…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

La verdad, resultó un poco confuso walas, no voy a negarlo : )

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hey! Don’t be mean! haha

I will summarize then: if you wait until October I can lead a Culpa Innata CPT because I will have just played a lot testing the Spanish translation.

¿Mejor ahora? Tongue

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Tenebra - 29 April 2021 06:40 PM

My idea is I guess similar to yours. If no one would run for leader and in case the game would win the vote, since it would be a shame to deprive us of playing it just because there is no leader.

I’m thinking the host/leader dichotomy is a real thing. The game I nominated, Still Life, doesn’t really need a leader. It, like most games played as CPTs is quite linear. All you need is someone to say when the start and end points are for each segment of the game. And how long each segment will last. Lately it seems that for every two hours of actual gameplay one week is allotted for completion. Obviously the host has the choice of expanding/retracting those parameters depending on the progress the participants are making.

A “Leader” is required, as Chrissie said, when a game is non-linear. That’s a more difficult task. As in the case of the Shivers playthrough, the leader not only set the parameters of how long we had to complete each segment, but also what we could and could not do within each segment.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

rtrooney - 30 April 2021 06:55 PM
Tenebra - 29 April 2021 06:40 PM

My idea is I guess similar to yours. If no one would run for leader and in case the game would win the vote, since it would be a shame to deprive us of playing it just because there is no leader.

I’m thinking the host/leader dichotomy is a real thing. The game I nominated, Still Life, doesn’t really need a leader. It, like most games played as CPTs is quite linear. All you need is someone to say when the start and end points are for each segment of the game. And how long each segment will last. Lately it seems that for every two hours of actual gameplay one week is allotted for completion. Obviously the host has the choice of expanding/retracting those parameters depending on the progress the participants are making.

A “Leader” is required, as Chrissie said, when a game is non-linear. That’s a more difficult task. As in the case of the Shivers playthrough, the leader not only set the parameters of how long we had to complete each segment, but also what we could and could not do within each segment.

Keen observation. I have also checked if the Steam Remastered version is running and saw hopeful word “Chapters” in the menu, so it might be helpful in pointing out the stopping points.
Steam version ran fine, but it did blink out to a window mode for a second a few times during tutorial before settling on the full-screen. Stuff like that doesn’t bother me -I take it in stride, as a part of playing older games, but I suppose they can remaster Remastered version a bit by now.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 30 April 2021 03:08 PM

......if you wait until October I can lead a Culpa Innata CPT because I will have just played a lot testing the Spanish translation.

Thank you walas74, that’s a very encouraging offer. October is only a few months away so I will back-off from posting an unofficial playthrough thread in that case.
As said already I have played the game twice so doubt that the game is ‘leadable’ as there are too many variables (including some that seem to be randomized?) that will leave players in different places at the end of each day.  But as I understand you will have played the game intensively so appreciate that you will (hopefully) have a little more insight into the triggers that progress the story & be more helpful. Count me in!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

chrissie - 01 May 2021 11:19 AM
walas74 - 30 April 2021 03:08 PM

......if you wait until October I can lead a Culpa Innata CPT because I will have just played a lot testing the Spanish translation.

Thank you walas74, that’s a very encouraging offer. October is only a few months away so I will back-off from posting an unofficial playthrough thread in that case.
As said already I have played the game twice so doubt that the game is ‘leadable’ as there are too many variables (including some that seem to be randomized?) that will leave players in different places at the end of each day.  But as I understand you will have played the game intensively so appreciate that you will (hopefully) have a little more insight into the triggers that progress the story & be more helpful. Count me in!

Great! I would like to discover those triggers too and I guess I wil have to find them in order to test different paths of the translation which is working fine speaking of texts, let’s hope reimporting images work the same…

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

With 8 votes, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy is now community playthrough #66.  The to-be-determined host/leader/organizer/starter will post the playthough thread when s/he is ready.   

Final votes:
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (8) - DCast, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Tenebra, Vegetable Party, Walas74, Intense Degree, Veovis

Still Life (7) - RTRooney, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, DCast, Tenebra, Walas74, Veovis

Culpa Innata (6) - Chrissie (host), DCast, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia, Tenebra
The Dig (6) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel, Colpet, Doom
Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Walas74, Vegetable Party
Return of the Phantom (6) - Vegetable Party (leader), Luhr28, Pegbiter, Baron_Blubba, Intense Degree, DCast
The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Luhr28, Walas74, Intense Degree, Millenia

Day of the Tentacle (4) - DCast, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, Nico2021
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (4) - Luhr28 (leader), Walas74, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Inspector Waffles (3) - Doom (leader), Luhr28, Pegbiter

Yoomurjak’s Ring (1) - Millenia

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

With 8 votes, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy is now community playthrough #66.  The to-be-determined host/leader/organizer/starter will post the playthough thread when s/he is ready.

I gotta see how this works, I really believe however starts the thread IS THE LEADER.

What happens if two weeks from now no one starts the thread?

I voted against this rule change it’s like DND without a dungeon master.

One idea is to allow all games with leaders and enough players to have a CPT, why not have multiple CPTs running at the same time.

🤡

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

At least two people have volunteered to lead/host the game. Don’t know who will draw the short straw, but the leadership issue is covered.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

At least two people have volunteered to lead/host the game. Don’t know who will draw the short straw, but the leadership issue is covered.

Oh yea, THATs who I want to be my leader, the one who draws the short straw…...

Wooooo Hooooooooo!

Sick

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Would you prefer a coin flip? If two people volunteer to lead, what would your decision process be?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

rtrooney - 04 May 2021 09:17 PM

Would you prefer a coin flip? If two people volunteer to lead, what would your decision process be?

The first one to volunteer to be the leader should be the leader.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top