• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Why don’t you guys nominate some games that don’t interest me???

Add my name to all of them… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Vote for The Dig.

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Pegbiter - 21 April 2021 02:26 AM

Still Life (nominated by rtrooney, not itself)

Grin

I just imagined a game’s AI going on a stealthy self-promotional tour across the web.

(sometimes I wonder if anyone shares my sense of humour, but oh well)

I vote for “Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet” (we dine well here at Cootalot, we eat roots and shoots and fruit a lot)
and “Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy”, because I only know that name from internet legend.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

I vote The Dig and nothing else!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Vegetable Party - 21 April 2021 06:27 AM

Grin

I just imagined a game’s AI going on a stealthy self-promotional tour across the web.

(sometimes I wonder if anyone shares my sense of humour, but oh well)

Hey, it could be a different still life? I’m imagining a bowl of fruit in front of a PC, setting in for a nice long gaming session?

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Luhr28 - 21 April 2021 10:16 AM

Hey, it could be a different still life? I’m imagining a bowl of fruit in front of a PC, setting in for a nice long gaming session?

now we’re talking!  Grin

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Vegetable Party - 21 April 2021 10:35 AM
Luhr28 - 21 April 2021 10:16 AM

now we’re talking!  Grin

And listening to this (sorry, I couldn’t resist, it’s one of my favourites songs ever…)

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’d love to finally play Yoormujak’s Ring. I’ve never played it though, so can’t be the leader.

I’m still thinking about what games I will vote on.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I’m going to vote for the incredible Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy, dark and deep, a combination that I find irresistible. And a beautiful soundtrack too. If I had to make a list of what are the… let’s say 15 best games I’ve played in my life, or rather the ones that have touched me the most Indigo/fahrenheit would be on that list.

I don’t know why the remastered clarification? I still have the old version and as far as I understand there are no changes.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I vote for
Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (is that automatically the remastered version?)

I always thought the game was called either Fahrenheit or Indigo Prophecy.  The combination listed here at AG has remastered in the title.

I think I qualified as a still life because I was nearly asleep in my chair when I typed that. Grin

I put you down for nearly everything, Mr. MovieMan.

Walas,
Your video isn’t showing for me.

The Dig (6) - TimovieMan (leader), DCast, Jdawg, Lady Kestrel, Colpet, Doom

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (5) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Karlok, Lady Kestrel, Walas74
The Shapeshifting Detective (5) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Luhr28, Walas74

Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy (4) - DCast, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Tenebra
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (4) - Luhr28(leader), Walas74, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Day of the Tentacle (3) - DCast, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan
Still Life (3) - RTRooney, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Culpa Innata (2) - DCast, TimovieMan

Yoomurjak’s Ring (1) - Millenia

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Tenebra - 21 April 2021 02:34 PM

I’m going to vote for the incredible Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy, dark and deep, a combination that I find irresistible. And a beautiful soundtrack too. If I had to make a list of what are the… let’s say 15 best games I’ve played in my life, or rather the ones that have touched me the most Indigo/fahrenheit would be on that list.

I don’t know why the remastered clarification? I still have the old version and as far as I understand there are no changes.

Right there with you on that. Game has also made an impression on me, and I still remember the feeling.

And, yes, learned who “Theory of a Deadman” were after that game, got a CD (man, miss those CD days!), and ended up going to their concert - good times! All inspired by the game’s soundtrack

According to Wikipedia:

“Atari, Inc. published Fahrenheit for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, and Xbox in Europe and North America on 16 and 20 September 2005, respectively.[38][39] It was made downloadable on Xbox 360 in 2007.[4] Fahrenheit was renamed Indigo Prophecy in North America to avoid confusion with the 2004 film Fahrenheit 9/11,[7][40] a point of contention between Cage and Atari.[41] Sex scenes were omitted from this version, but included in Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered, which launched for Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and macOS in 2015, and PlayStation 4 in 2016.[2][40]”

I have only played original (not North American) version, but the disc is unavailable to me. I own remastered one on Steam and haven’t played it yet, but it seems they added stuff rather than removed, so there shouldn’t be any difference between those, unless the original game anyone owned was the aforementioned censored version…

Please, add my vote for Still Life, Lady K

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

I vote for Day of the Tentacle.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Lady K, I don’t know why can’t you see the video, I’ll try again. If not, search in Youtube “Still Life” by Suede.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I’ve always wanted to play Still Life and I wouldn’t mind to play Fahrenheit so I vote for them both too.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Lady K. I think you forgot Vegetable’s votes. And put my vote on Still Life as well.

DCast - 21 April 2021 04:46 PM

Right there with you on that. Game has also made an impression on me, and I still remember the feeling.

And, yes, learned who “Theory of a Deadman” were after that game, got a CD (man, miss those CD days!), and ended up going to their concert - good times! All inspired by the game’s soundtrack

According to Wikipedia:

“Atari, Inc. published Fahrenheit for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 2, and Xbox in Europe and North America on 16 and 20 September 2005, respectively.[38][39] It was made downloadable on Xbox 360 in 2007.[4] Fahrenheit was renamed Indigo Prophecy in North America to avoid confusion with the 2004 film Fahrenheit 9/11,[7][40] a point of contention between Cage and Atari.[41] Sex scenes were omitted from this version, but included in Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered, which launched for Windows, Android, iOS, Linux, and macOS in 2015, and PlayStation 4 in 2016.[2][40]”

I have only played original (not North American) version, but the disc is unavailable to me. I own remastered one on Steam and haven’t played it yet, but it seems they added stuff rather than removed, so there shouldn’t be any difference between those, unless the original game anyone owned was the aforementioned censored version…

Please, add my vote for Still Life, Lady K

The same thing happened to me. I didn’t know this band, it was thanks to this game that I discovered them and needless to say that I spent countless nights listening to them by candlelight <3. I still have the soundtrack on my PC.
Did you go to their concert? Ah that’s awesome!

My game definitely had sex scenes, I think I read that they were censored in the US version. What a stupid thing to censor, don’t you think? This element of inclusion in the narrative added an even stronger personal content to the relationship between the characters, and that was something I personally hadn’t seen before. By the end of the game I was very involved with both of them.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top