• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Pump up the Jam!

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m looking forward to seeing those answers.  Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

DarkEye is the Michael Jordan of these Quizs.

Great job organizing this, I am sorry I couldn’t embarrased myself participating in this one, I’ll do my best in another occasion.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Final scores!

DarkEye: 43
Jerry: 31
eddyc: 25
Lady Kestrel: 24
chrissy: 21
Marzipan: 19
namehaver: 10
TimovieMan: 4
mbday630: 1

The answers!

1. 9: The Dark Side DarkEye, Jerry, Namehaver
2. The Case of the Cautious Condor chrissie, Jerry, DarkEye
3 Paradigm chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan
4.Darkseed II DarkEye, Lady Kestrel
5 Day of the Tentacle  Namehaver, chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan, Mbday630, TimovieMan
6. Lume DarkEye, Eddyc, Lady Kestrel,
7. Whispers of a Machine DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Marzipan
8 Machinarium chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan, Namehaver,
9. Samorost DarkEye, Eddyc
10. Goosebumps - The Game
11. What Makes You Tick: A Stitch In Time DarkEye, Lady Kestrel
12. Wallace & Gromit in Fright of the Bumblebees  DarkEye, jerry, Lady Kestrel
13. Syberia III DarkEye
14. Lamplight City chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry,
15. Maniac Mansion DarkEye, Jerry, Marzipan, TimovieMan
16 Cube Escape: Birthday chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Namehaver
17 Innocent Until Caught chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc , Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan, Namehaver, TimovieMan
18 The Blackwell Convergence chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan
19. Black Mirror 2 DarkEye, Jerry
20. Tales from Off-Peak City: Vol. 1 - Caetano’s Slice Eddyc, Lady Kestrel,
21. LOVE - A Puzzle Box Filled With Stories DarkEye, Eddyc, Lady Kestrel
22. Normality chrissie,DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel
23. Shardlight chrissie, DarkEye, Jerry
24. The Haunted Island: A Frog Detective Game chrissie, DarkEye,
25. Altered Destiny chrissie,  DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry,
26. Thimbleweed Park chrissie, DarkEye, Jerry, Marzipan, Namehaver
27. Unavowed chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan
28. Midnight Quest DarkEye
29. Face noir DarkEye, Eddyc¸
30. Maupiti Island
31. Embracelet Marzipan
32 The Longest Journey chrissie, DarkEye¸ Eddyc, Jerry, Marzipan, TimovieMan
33. Inspector Waffles DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan, Namehaver
34 Alien Incident chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel
35 Gabriel Knight 1: Sins of the Father chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan , Namehaver
36 Cruise for a Corpse chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc ,Jerry, Marzipan
37. The Next BIG Thing Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan
38. Full Throttle (remastered) Jerry
39. When The Past Was Around DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Marzipan
40 Orion Burger chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan, Namehaver
41. Gadget Invention, Travel, & Adventure DarkEye
42.Pizza Quest ’77
43. Jenny LeClue – Detectivu chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan
44 The Darkside Detective chrissie, DarkEye, Eddyc, Jerry, Lady Kestrel, Marzipan, Namehaver
B1. The Funny Boneyard (demo) Jerry, Lady Kestrel
B2. The Young Ones Lady Kestrel (1P)
B3. 8 bit ADV - Stein’s Gate
B4. Ring: The Legend of the Nibelungen
B5. Marsport DarkEye
B6. Temüjin
B7. Berlin Connection DarkEye
B8. High Seas Homicide

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@walas74 haha, you’re right! Smile You’re welcome to join the next quiz!

DarkEye leads the points! To all contestants: nice finds! I’d like to thank all of you, I hope you had fun searching your brains and the internet. Smile

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

Ah, so that’s what you meant by 12 not quite being Sam & Max Season 1 Smile

Great quiz - I enjoyed it!

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

Great quiz, thanks!

A few “aaah” moments seeing the answers, but no way I would have been able to catch up with DarkEye.

I do notice that you switched the answers for 20 and 27.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for the quiz, VP!  It was a tough one but I enjoyed it.  The head slapper for me is Samorost.  I remember that phonograph and that goofy squirrel.  Based on your hints for the bonus ones, I did think of Wagner and the Ring games for B4 and Temujin for B6 but couldn’t find the screenshots for either (and still can’t).

Congrats again to Sharp DarkEye!

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Jerry: Thanks, it’s been corrected!

Glad to hear people had fun! A lot of your messages made me smile. It’s been a weird couple of weeks for me and your guesses, jokes and friendly PMs were a welcome change of pace.

One thing I learned: don’t make it too hard to find the right image. I think I went overboard here and there. People want a challenge, not a headache.

Another thing: check _everything_ before you start! I switched the images around (a lot) and I accidentally saved over the image that contained the answer to 42. The quiz was already a couple of days underway when I noticed the answer was missing.

If anyone feels a certain image drove them crazy, perhaps it’s some solace I put myself through the same experience. Took me weeks to find it again in my browser history. Every time someone came up with an answer for 42, I watched a full playthrough on high speed to be sure I wouldn’t deny them the point through a pretty dumb fault of my own.

Another trap: something I’d call inverted quizmaster effect. At some point, you’ve taken such a deep dive, it becomes hard to tell the difference between hard to find, weirdly cryptic and crazy obscure. It’s important to understand the very specific way you’ve arrived at a certain image (and how likely it is another human being would repeat those steps, without clear directions). This relates to the choice of titles as well. I tried to avoid titles that were too far removed from the the public eye, but after looking through thousands of videos and screenshot galleries, two or three managed to slip through the cracks.

Something more personal: I learned (again) to ask for help in time. I didn’t. There was some disruption going on in my personal life and I just went on. I noticed I could barely concentrate after work, but I tried as hard as I could. I think it was a message by Lady Kestrel that made me realize I was pushing myself in a bad direction.

All in all, it went reasonably well, your participation has been greatly appreciated and I look forward to seeing you at the next quiz!

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations DarkEye for that amazing score!

I found it a very tough but enjoyable quiz but having said that I was surprised by many of the answers some of which I may have got if I’d been a little more observant & could kick myself for.

Thank you Vegetable Party, I hope you will post more quizzes in the future & there’s no need to change anything! 
Smile

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you for the quiz, Vegetable Party! I had lots of fun with it! Only thing I didn’t liked were your hints. What you meant with Mongolia, David Bowie & livestreamed yard party is still a mystery to me. I look forward for your other projects!
Nice score, Jerry! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

DarkEye -

Seconded!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Congrats, DarkEye, with the amazing score! Thumbs Up

And thank you, Vegetable Party, for this quiz!

It’s a shame I had such busy weeks recently. Would’ve liked to put more effort in research for this quiz… Meh

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

DarkEye - 01 April 2021 06:34 AM

Thank you for the quiz, Vegetable Party! I had lots of fun with it! Only thing I didn’t liked were your hints. What you meant with Mongolia, David Bowie & livestreamed yard party is still a mystery to me. I look forward for your other projects!

Thanks, it’s been a while since I last participated, but I think this is the first time I ever managed to end second Smile I’m still surprised I’m the only one who found Full Throttle.

With respect to the hints, I also found the very obscure - in the end I felt I was trying to decipher hints, but then had no idea how to link them to screenshots (I did find a band which had a small stint in ‘86 with one of the best-selling music artists of all time, but then couldn’t find any link with a game… Grin ).

But in retrospect, the Mongolia one seems clear to me: one of the biggest names in Mongolia = Genghis Khan, who was born as “Temüjin”.

I can only guess that the David Bowie hint referred to his song “Life on Mars?”.

As for the livestreamed yard party, the only thing I can think of is that it has “yard” in the name. The hint certainly would not have helped me find it (I actually stumbled on screenshots of this one purely by accident, I was looking for another game).

I am curious about the game “Berlin”. Is this supposed to be “Berlin 1948”? I didn’t find any corresponding screenshots so I didn’t guess it (probably should have though), but I have not been able to find any game simply called “Berlin”...

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

@Jerry: you came through with the answers. Thumbs Up

The hints.. I’m chalking those up to inverted quizmaster effect. I considered giving additional hints, but I decided to keep things as they were and learn. I’ll be less opaque and more concise next time.

The Berlin game is Berlin Connection (I fixed the misplaced </b>).

I’m curious to learn which band you’ve found!

@Timovieman: I know how that goes.. hope to see you next quiz!

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

Vegetable Party - 02 April 2021 11:51 AM

@Jerry: you came through with the answers. Thumbs Up

The hints.. I’m chalking those up to inverted quizmaster effect. I considered giving additional hints, but I decided to keep things as they were and learn. I’ll be less opaque and more concise next time.

The Berlin game is Berlin Connection (I fixed the misplaced </b>).

I’m curious to learn which band you’ve found!

@Timovieman: I know how that goes.. hope to see you next quiz!

The band I found was “Saxon”, whose 1986 album “Rock The Nations” featured a guest appearance by Elton John on 2 tracks. But I couldn’t link any of these titles / names with a game, of course Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top