• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 8 December 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today, we have a scene from Cruise for a Corpse, a.k.a. The Game That Just Won’t Shut Up. 90% of the game’s gameplay consists in walking from one character to the next, going through a seemingly ever-growing list of conversation topics (there are over 80 by the game’s end), waiting for the badly-broken trigger system to decide that you got the bit of info it required for time to move forward—at which point you can re-explore the boat to see where the characters are now and keep going through that list of topics. Ugh.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Haha, I remember how all those topics scared me away from being able to enjoy the game. Never finished it.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I remember it being painfully slow on the Amiga with constant disc swapping.

Future Wars and Stealth Affair were better games.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Lucien21 - 08 December 2012 03:04 PM

Were they? Future Wars was an OK game that has now aged terribly (to the point of quasi-unplayability), and Operation Stealth is an abomination. Honestly, I think Delphine Software’s demise was no big loss.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Kurufinwe - 08 December 2012 03:40 PM

Were they? Future Wars was an OK game that has now aged terribly (to the point of quasi-unplayability), and Operation Stealth is an abomination. Honestly, I think Delphine Software’s demise was no big loss.

Well I’ve havn’t played either recently, but I remember enjoying them a lot when I first played them.

Although the pixel hunting (and at times it was literaly a pixel) was brutal in Future Wars.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I liked their platformers better - Another World and Flashback were great.

I remember really enjoying Cruise for a Corpse until I got to a game-breaking bug near the end. I’ll never know who did the murder Shifty Eyed

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Yeah, Another World and Flashback were great! I loved those.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Oscar - 08 December 2012 07:50 PM

I liked their platformers better - Another World and Flashback were great.

I remember really enjoying Cruise for a Corpse until I got to a game-breaking bug near the end. I’ll never know who did the murder Shifty Eyed

The butler did it.

he didn’t really it was Dick

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top