• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Chronicle of innsmouth:mountains of madness

Total Posts: 1620

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

A new adventure game by this title just came out that is a detective story and a Cthulhu type game. it seems interesting to me has anybody else ever heard of it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/962700/Chronicle_of_Innsmouth_Mountains_of_Madness/?fbclid=IwAR0MGE96wP37VC0yCag8Mn_xigNmm5yLvatbS5Z9gPnu-HNe4LbcXsM60Qs

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i never heard of the original(2017) until i was aware there is a sequel coming, which was released yesterday. i played the original few days ago, and it was a treat, a LucasArts Indiana Jones outlook, two chapters, and quite short, but i what liked about it; it plays kinda casually/easy-mode thru the 1st chapter, but near the end, there are two nice hits of puzzles you don’t expect, and that what made them even hard for me as i said, one doesn’t expect a different sort of puzzles, sneak that way esp. after 60-70% of the game already done, but was it was fair after all, i guess.

i am getting the new chronicle of Innsmouth: mountains of madness to tonight, will see to it.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i guess you beat me to it Laughing
an admin will sort those 2 threads, eventually

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Advie - 23 March 2021 08:16 PM

i never heard of the original(2017) until i was aware there is a sequel coming, which was released yesterday. i played the original few days ago, and it was a treat, a LucasArts Indiana Jones outlook, two chapters, and quite short, but i what liked about it; it plays kinda casually/easy-mode thru the 1st chapter, but near the end, there are two nice hits of puzzles you don’t expect, and that what made them even hard for me as i said, one doesn’t expect a different sort of puzzles, sneak that way esp. after 60-70% of the game already done, but was it was fair after all, i guess.

i am getting the new chronicle of Innsmouth: mountains of madness to tonight, will see to it.

I watched a little bit of a playthrough of the new game. I watched the first 20 minutes and I might get it too, it looks pretty, love the art style. However some of the voice acting is really bad and robotic though. I hope it’s a decent length. I saw some of the reviews on Steam and the Playtime was around 10 hrs which I think is fine. How long was the first game?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Jdawg445 - 23 March 2021 08:55 PM

How long was the first game?

2-3 hours only. quite short

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just got it. They kept pushing the release and it popped up unexpectedly in my Steam notifications this morning. They went from “coming soon” to just releasing the game; no specific date I could have anticipated or anything… I’ll be playing it starting tomorrow.

I enjoyed the first game, but it definitely suffered from identity crisis - not knowing whether it wants to be a comedy or a horror. I hope they tightened it up in that department

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I think im going to buy it today, so i guess we can all post our thoughts here.

Now one reviewer is saying 4 hrs of playtime. That is really short for 18 dollars.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

well I bought it and im about 5 hrs in and I am really liking it. The art style is really nice especially the screens and backgrounds, the story is intriguing, and I like the characters. The puzzles are also a plus, I have found them to be the right amount of difficult and my wife helped me out on a formula puzzle.

My biggest gripe is the voice acting, it is uneven at best and pretty bad at worst, The dialogue is also hit and miss, not near as bad as something like a new beginning but it is not good either. I will say the main character has the best voice over so that does help some.

Overall so far a 7.5 to an 8/10 def glad I picked it up

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

played a little more today, once again really love the background art. One section has you in Arabia and I got great quest for glory 3 vibes. Still really enjoying the story, the voice is still extremely hit or miss but some of the humor works for me.

The game did finally stump me on a puzzle involving an alter but I got through it, somehow.

how is everyone else enjoying it? according to stats m 6 hrs in but that is with some iddle time too.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

after playing the sequel i guess the original stands out in its intensity that created more pleasure to make me finish it in one sit.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Just started, about 1.5 hours in.
I really like the art, regular gameplay and cutscenes - both say “quality indie charm”

I’m intrigued by the plot. The original stayed pretty close to “Shadow Over Innsmouth” story, and this one also seems to have lots of names/events from original work by H.P.Lovecract but still has its own unique idea going. I liked that they tied both games together. By the way, the story that Lone tells in the beginning is pretty much recap of the first game.

Puzzles are “interesting” so far. The only reason I got that list for Calvin was pretty much because that’s all I had in the inventory. It would NEVER cross my mind to pull this kind of trick on my own. Cracked me up a bit by how far-fetched it was. But I haven’t had many puzzles yet, so I’ll see where it will all go.

Dialogue is a bit amateurish, yes, but not terribly so.

Voice over is definitely hit and miss, but like Jdawg445 said, main character has the best one, so it helps the overall impression.

Enjoying it so far.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

DCast - 26 March 2021 05:56 PM

Just started, about 1.5 hours in.
I really like the art, regular gameplay and cutscenes - both say “quality indie charm”

I’m intrigued by the plot. The original stayed pretty close to “Shadow Over Innsmouth” story, and this one also seems to have lots of names/events from original work by H.P.Lovecract but still has its own unique idea going. I liked that they tied both games together. By the way, the story that Lone tells in the beginning is pretty much recap of the first game.

Puzzles are “interesting” so far. The only reason I got that list for Calvin was pretty much because that’s all I had in the inventory. It would NEVER cross my mind to pull this kind of trick on my own. Cracked me up a bit by how far-fetched it was. But I haven’t had many puzzles yet, so I’ll see where it will all go.

Dialogue is a bit amateurish, yes, but not terribly so.

Voice over is definitely hit and miss, but like Jdawg445 said, main character has the best one, so it helps the overall impression.

Enjoying it so far.

Yeah that was the only puzzle that had some moon logic to it so far. I agree with you on the dialogue too, but it does get a tad better. The voice acting makes me laugh, it is either somewhat competent or completely robotic sounding.

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

William cracks me up too Grin He’s like a Shakespeare who picked up on 70s rock star style and then got lost in the wrong time period. The casual way they handled first “meeting” with Henry Akeley was hilarious - no emotion, just broke down the door cause “there’s no police”, and then William kept saying “Come on, Lone! Wake the guy up already!”, while the guy was foaming at his mouth and Lone was distilling mushroom antidote (!!) just on the spot lmfao

I like that they kept the comedy thread going. Still not quite sure whether they want to be spooky or funny more, though.

I think I got used to the voice-over, I kinda dig it, aside very few cases.

Also - be still my heart! Do we actually get to play as H.P. himself? That’s new! He speaks like a dork (even in those times), but I like it.

Still very much enjoying this game!

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

DCast - 28 March 2021 03:05 AM

William cracks me up too Grin He’s like a Shakespeare who picked up on 70s rock star style and then got lost in the wrong time period. The casual way they handled first “meeting” with Henry Akeley was hilarious - no emotion, just broke down the door cause “there’s no police”, and then William kept saying “Come on, Lone! Wake the guy up already!”, while the guy was foaming at his mouth and Lone was distilling mushroom antidote (!!) just on the spot lmfao

I like that they kept the comedy thread going. Still not quite sure whether they want to be spooky or funny more, though.

I think I got used to the voice-over, I kinda dig it, aside very few cases.

Also - be still my heart! Do we actually get to play as H.P. himself? That’s new! He speaks like a dork (even in those times), but I like it.

Still very much enjoying this game!

The three main leads are all enjoyable, and you do indeed get to play as hp himself.

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Beat the game, i had to look up one clue for a puzzle. I would be lying if i said i understood everything to do with the story, bc im not huge into lovecraft. Having said that the journey was fun enough. I give the game 7.3/10. I say worth playing at a discount.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

DCast - 26 March 2021 05:56 PM

The only reason I got that list for Calvin was pretty much because that’s all I had in the inventory. It would NEVER cross my mind to pull this kind of trick on my own. Cracked me up a bit by how far-fetched it was.

there a book about physics at Melvin’s Bookshop, that explains this experiment, btw, it is totally legit

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top