• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRose

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Text Adventure Playthrough #8: Counterfeit Monkey

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>wave r-remover at barker
The device buzzes, puzzled. It is unable to create anything recognizable called “bake”.

“Step up and try your hand at the fabulous word-balance!” calls the barker appealingly.

>

Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

>x gel

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x gel
There isn’t enough gel remaining in the little tube for use.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

For some reason I was thinking the remover could only remove one letter at a time, so Timovieman’s request had me wondering “what’s an aple?”  Grin

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Come on, 3 participants + 1 leader present!

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

I don’t think there’s much else to do here, but
>x pharmacy
>x contest

then
>n

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>x pharmacy
There’s not much to see, as a shade has been pulled down behind the glass front. I can tell you what’s back there, though, if you care: the usual assortment of shampoo and razors and analgesics and burn creams; candy, and also toothpaste; and a costly selection of homeopathic remedies in matching brown bottles.

>x contest
It’s one of those contests where you have to hammer something so that something else flies up and rings a bell. I don’t have time for that kind of silly macho display.

>n

Church Forecourt
This corner of the park, in the lee of the church, has been left free of kiosks and booths. Contrary to the usual rules of cathedral layout, the New Church is oriented toward the north, so we are standing by the flank of the building, though there is an entrance on this side.

South and east lead to more of the park; there is a small cinema (where I left my pack) to the north, and the entrance to the New Church is west

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

And I just realized we could have picked up the ear and ale.. couldn’t we? Oh well, I’m sure we can go back if we need it.

>x building
>n

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

We can still pick up the ale, but not the ear because we turned the pear into a pea.

>x building
It manages to be austere without seeming in the least modern: the walls are white and the windows clear, but the proportions, the texture of the plaster, the irregular leading between the panes of glass, all come of the age of handmade things.

>n

Cinema Lobby
This is a small, one-screen theater. The seats are not comfortable and the screen is not large. The projector is old. The management is lazy. No food is served.

On two occasions, the film I was watching burst into flames while it was being shown.

Despite these handicaps, it maintains an active and interested clientele simply by virtue of content: a wide variety of foreign films that, though meticulously dubbed into flawless California-accented English, nonetheless carry that slight tang of the forbidden.

Evidently the next showing is not for a little while yet, because there are no patrons in sight.

“Ticket,” says the ticket-taker automatically.

>

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>ask ticket-taker about backpack

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

“I left my pack in the cinema,” we say. “Can I just go in and fetch it? I’ll come right back out. No need for a ticket.”

He scowls. “We’ve been getting a lot of people trying to scam us,” he says. “So I’m going to say no.”

I’m inclined to argue about the lost and found policy.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

“I left my pack in the cinema,” we say. “Can I just go in and fetch it? I’ll come right back out. No need for a ticket.”

He scowls. “We’ve been getting a lot of people trying to scam us,” he says. “So I’m going to say no.”

I’m inclined to argue about the lost and found policy.

sorry

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

>argue about the lost and found policy

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

>argue about lost and found policy
“That’s ridiculous. I’ll be right back out!”

“We clean the theater between showings,” he says bullishly. “So if you had left something in there, we would have found it. You must have left your stuff somewhere else.”

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Hmm..

>buy ticket

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top