• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Since there is a leader in Keepsake, I will also vote for it.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

It seems I need to give up on Encodya. Wink

I might as well vote for Keepsake to help with the impressive amount of votes.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Pegbiter, I think Encodya is a very worthy candidate for a CPT - it’s quite recent so hopefully sometime in the future.  Smile

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

chrissie - 12 March 2021 03:30 PM

According to info on the DVD box colpet the minimum requirements are Windows 2000/ME/XP so it should work fine on your system (hopefully).

Sometimes the CD trays stick and stall in my old towers. They are the first hurdle in getting my vintage computers to play.
At some point, I’m going to have to decide what to do with my ~200 Adventure game collection and the computures/accesories I’ve saved to play them. Especially since I’m not the techy type.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

My DVD player in my PC hasn’t worked for a number of years so since then I’ve acquired external CD + DVD drives - I found the CD one easily enough but had to search for the DVD one.
If your disc version of the game is DVD I’m not sure it will work in your CD tray anyway & if not the price of an external CD drive is more than the game can be bought for on Steam.  Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

chrissie - 13 March 2021 06:48 AM

Pegbiter, I think Encodya is a very worthy candidate for a CPT - it’s quite recent so hopefully sometime in the future.  Smile

Yeah, I’d be interested in a later date when I’m able to pick up the game with a more affordable price Wink.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sign me up for Encodya. It looks great. Also, keep trying for a CPT of this game, it would be fun.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

chrissie - 13 March 2021 07:56 AM

My DVD player in my PC hasn’t worked for a number of years so since then I’ve acquired external CD + DVD drives - I found the CD one easily enough but had to search for the DVD one.
If your disc version of the game is DVD I’m not sure it will work in your CD tray anyway & if not the price of an external CD drive is more than the game can be bought for on Steam.  Smile

Thanks!
Edit: I thought I’d try to install my Keepsake DVD on my new rig (which also has a DVD tray). It installed, and works flawlessly. So if Keepsake is chosen, I’m ready to go, manual in hand.  (I’ll dig out my previous play notes from the file cabinet, though I always start a fresh batch anytime I play ). Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Keepsake (15) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Diego, Walas74, Vegetable Party, Colpet, Mattaukamp, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Intense Degree, Millenia, Baron_Blubba, Chrissie, Sefir, Pegbiter

The Dig (7) - LadyKestrel (leader), Jdawg445, Doom, Sefir, DCast, TimovieMan, Baron_Blubba
The Night of the Rabbit (7) - Sefir (leader), Lady Kestrel, DCast, Advie, TimovieMan, Pegbiter, Millenia
The Shapeshifting Detective (7) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Sefir, Luhr28, TimovieMan, Cyfoyjvx, Millenia, Intense Degree
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths (7) - Luhr28 (leader), DCast, Karlok, Cyfoyjvx, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, Sefir

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Lady Kestrel, Baron_Blubba, Advie, Cyfoyjvx, TimovieMan

Camp 1 (5) - Advie, Luhr28, DCast, Cyfoyjvx, Pegbiter

Face Noir (4) - Sefir (leader), Luhr28, DCast, Advie

Encodya (2) - Pegbiter, Adv_Lvr

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sign me up for Encodya.

Hey, Encodya has two votes!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Hey, I added you to my post above! Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Put another vote in for Keepsake please. It seems more than likely that it will win, but if The Dig, The Night of the Rabbit or Tony Tough should win I’d be interested in participating in the CPT of those too.

Of those four the only one I haven’t played before is TNotR. Can’t say I have very good memories of Keepsake, but maybe a replay will change that. Don’t remember much about it, other than that I found the puzzles to be very hard (in a bad way) and sometimes really frustrating.

I think the EU and US versions differ a bit. Some voices are different and the interface was improved for the US version. I think there was a patch to more or less update the EU version to the US one.

I bought the game on Steam dirt cheap a couple of months ago, so i guess I’ll play that.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Veovis - 15 March 2021 05:38 AM

Can’t say I have very good memories of Keepsake, but maybe a replay will change that. Don’t remember much about it, other than that I found the puzzles to be very hard (in a bad way) and sometimes really frustrating.

Wow, talk about dedication! Replaying a game you didn’t like to see if you might like it better…

Only on Adventure Gamers, am I right?  Laughing

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I must be a good luck charm and I must be masochist… My first CPT was Lighthouse, which contended so many times until been chosen. I suffered with several puzzles as Myst-like puzzles are not my cup of tea. And now my second CTP will be Keepsake which also contended many times and never chosen and have similar puzzles style…

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Luhr28 - 15 March 2021 06:47 AM

Wow, talk about dedication! Replaying a game you didn’t like to see if you might like it better…

Only on Adventure Gamers, am I right?  Laughing

Smile

Who knows, maybe my puzzle solving skills have improved since last time I played it all those years ago.  At the very least I think Keepsake’s puzzles may spur some interesting discussions… Naughty Good game for a CPT I think (although I seem to recall the last half or so of the game is pretty non-linear).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top