• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Play Through Match Making Thread

Total Posts: 837

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’m not sure if this is a good idea, but I’m interested in hearing some feedback and then either going ahead with it or killing it.

This is *not* meant to be a replacement for the community play through. The community play through is a great feature of this forum, but it takes a long time to go through each game, and each new game takes a long time to get started (both of which are fine).

So, it’s fun to play adventure games. It’s more fun to play them with people and talk about them as you go. But it’s probably not so often that you find yourself playing a game alongside a fellow user. My idea is that, if there is a game or a short list of games that you are thinking of playing in the near future, you can post them here. If someone sees a game on your list that also strikes their fancy, they can contact you and you can discuss the game with each other as you play through it together.
Or, if you are open to playing just about anything and then discussing it, you can just come into the thread, find a game on someone’s recent list that looks interesting, and get in touch with them.

I reckon sometimes this might lead to public threads being made, and sometimes it might lead to extended private message/instant message/email/etc conversations between all of the people playing the game together. Either way, it might add some action to this forum.

Do you think this would be fun and beneficial to the AG community? Why and why not? Make sure to fill in your answers with a #2 pencil.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

It’s a good idea. Sometimes I’ll see a game I want to play and think “but this would be way more fun in a CPT. I’ll nominate it next time the voting comes around”. And then I forget about it! This way there’s a thread open constantly so there’s no need to wait.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Just the thread I’m looking for!

I’m a big fan of the Cube Escape/Rusty Lake adventures and their next game, The Past Within, is to be published this year. Early days yet, but I need another fan to play this multi-player game with, preferably the moment it gets released. Smile

I can play the game either in English or Dutch. (The devs are Dutchies, like me, so all their games are available in Dutch as well.) From the blurb:

Are you ready to unlock The Past Within? Teaming up with a friend, travel through both past and future to piece together the mysteries surrounding Albert Vanderboom. Communicate what you see around you to help one another solve various puzzles and explore the worlds from different perspectives!

The Past Within is an upcoming multiplayer point-and-click adventure by the creators of the Cube Escape & Rusty Lake series.
Features:
A co-op experience
Play together with a friend, one in the past, the other in the future. Observe and communicate what you see around you. Solve the puzzles and discover Albert’s plan.

Two worlds - Two perspectives
Both players will experience their environments in two different dimensions: 2D as well as in 3D - a first time experience in the Rusty Lake universe!

Cross-platform
The game is designed to be played cross-platform: each player can enjoy the game on PC, Mac, Android, IOS or hopefully console!

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Good plan.  Smile

Karlok - 12 March 2021 08:13 AM

I’m a big fan of the Cube Escape/Rusty Lake adventures(...)

I can play the game either in English or Dutch.

Same, on both accounts! Very interested in this upcoming game.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Ooooh! Another Dutch poster. Smile Or are you Belgian? I’d love to play it in Dutch!
If you want to team up with me, please let me know. But I quite understand if you don’t want to decide right now.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Dutch as autodrop!

I would like to team up with you. Thumbs Up

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

All right! Looks like this already made one successful match! Those multiplayer adventure games sound interesting—have fun Vegetable Party and Karlok.

Here are a few that I’m considering starting within the 7-10 days. If anyone wants to play one of them along with me, let me know. I can typically play 30 - 60 minutes of any of them per day, but if that’s too fast, I’d be glad to play at a slower pace.

Lair Of The Clockwork God
Phoenix Wright (Original Trilogy)
Darkside Detective
Nelly Cootalot and the Fowl Fleet
Technobabylon
Gray Matter
Eric The Unready
Day of the Tentacle (for the nth time, but always up for another play of this!)
KQ series, games 1 -  7. I would play the AGD/Tierra/Himalaya Studios freeware remakes of the first three games, before moving on to the official Sierra games with KQ IV and on. (I’ve played all these games many times in the past, but it’s been 4-5 years, I’m keen to do it again.)

I’ll also be looking to hop on board with any cool looking games on someone else’s list.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Vegetable Party - 12 March 2021 08:47 AM

Dutch as autodrop!

Hehe… die ken ik alleen van “Zo lekker, het moest verboden worden”, maar nooit gegeten.

I would like to team up with you. Thumbs Up

Cool  I have no idea how we’re going to communicatie the past and present to each other, but looking forward to it.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sure, I’m interested in these two games:

The Shapeshifting Detective

Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Excellent idea!

I’d be interested in joining a playthrough of The Darkside Detective. I backed the crowdfunding campaign for the upcoming second season, but still haven’t played the first one.

My backlog of games that are in the AG database is currently at 245, and I would join a playthrough of any of them. Not too many at the same time though.

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2020-08-13

PM

Huh. Interesting! I’d do this with Riven.

I’m always starting it and hitting a wall really early on where I can’t figure out how to move forward. I don’t want to use walkthroughs, but it might be cool to team with someone who’s ALSO my level of dumb and struggle through together!

Other games I’m interested in but keep dragging my feet on:

Sam and Max: Season Two
the Frogwares Sherlock Holmes games (chronologically, I’m currently at ‘Nemesis’ but never feel motivated to play it)
Life is Strange
A Vampyre Story

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

mattaukamp - 13 March 2021 11:51 AM

Huh. Interesting! I’d do this with Riven.

I’m always starting it and hitting a wall really early on where I can’t figure out how to move forward. I don’t want to use walkthroughs, but it might be cool to team with someone who’s ALSO my level of dumb and struggle through together!

I can put a spin on this: I finished it a couple of months ago, low key talked about it on some threads, but I’d be up for a CPT-style conversation, it’s a pretty interesting game!

We wouldn’t be discovering everything together, but I won’t be throwing around spoilers or act like I’m leading a CPT. I’d get what you say about the experience of playing “Riven” without any preparation and we’d be able to talk about the stuff you encounter as you go. If need be, I could be a subtle hint line, which I think beats the bluntness of a walkthrough. I’ve been known to be cryptic, though, take that as you will.

I got the game from an old friend. We met by chance after drifting apart, got together a couple of times and talked about adventure games. First, mostly from nostalgia, the games we played together when we were young, but the last time, he came with “Riven”, as it’s one of his favourite games of all time. I always avoided Myst/Riven-type games, because I felt I might not be smart enough, but it was kind of cool he thought I might be able to pull it off and enjoy the experience.

At first, you’ll be puzzled and it’s nice if there’s someone else around, as a sounding board when you’re figuring out the first clues and directions. Or when the game is being notably vague - it happens.

No problem if this isn’t what you had in mind, but if it sounds good, let’s make a thread.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

I’ve never played Riven. Well, I tried it once, but didn’t stick with it. I’d be in to play along with a couple of other folks. Life’s a little busy now, so not sure to what extent I’ll participate in the chit chat, but I will participate. Keep me posted if you decide to do this.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Does anyone want to play Strangeland with me?
I can start playing on Friday, and can typically play for an hour a day.

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

Post deleted.
Wanted to start playthrough with BB, but realized that I have a trip coming up, so have to start pretty much today and (hopefully) finish by Friday - otherwise I won’t be able to get to it in a consistent manner until after first week of June.

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

DCast - 25 May 2021 07:59 PM

Post deleted.
Wanted to start playthrough with BB, but realized that I have a trip coming up, so have to start pretty much today and (hopefully) finish by Friday - otherwise I won’t be able to get to it in a consistent manner until after first week of June.

I can wait, no problem. No shortage of games to play until then. Shall we make a date?

Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top