• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

First and foremost, happy new year to everybody.

Too bad I am very busy testing a couple of translations right now, but I promise to sign up for the next one!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for this round will end tomorrow, Jan. 5, at midnight GMT.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I almost hope Oknytt loses. I just can’t play it right now. But I hope to play it when it wins the next round.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

I vote for the dig

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Dig (6) - TimovieMan (leader), Lady Kestrel, Sefir, Doom, Diego, Jdawg445
Oknytt (6) - Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, DCast, SoccerDude, Colpet
The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, Luhr28, Intense Degree, SoccerDude

Metaphobia (5) - Advie, Doom, Pegbiter, TimovieMan, DCast

Little Misfortune (4) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, Luhr28

Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice (2) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan
Alum (2) - Advie, TimovieMan

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 January 2021 02:49 PM

The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Sefir, Luhr28, Intense Degree, SoccerDude

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

We now have a three-way tie, so it’s time to revote.  If you voted for more than one of these games, you have to vote for the one you want to play the most.  Those who voted for only one of the three may keep their vote as is or make a change.  Anyone else who wants to play one of the games may also vote for one of the three.

Voting will last until midnight GMT on Sat., Jan. 9.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I keep my The Shapeshifting Detective vote. It’s an amazing game that’s well loved.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Not an easy choice, I’ll need time to weigh up all pros and cons. On one hand, I haven’t played The Dig for ages, but I remember how wonderful and epic it was. Surprised there hasn’t been a playthrough yet, the game truly deserves one. Yet of course it’s an old-old classics played by pretty much everyone.

On the other hand,  I’ve no idea what to expect from Oknytt, the game looks very dark and obscure even on promo videos, I feel both fascinated and frustrated (same as with the Dark series on Netflix which I abandoned after all Smile). But Oknytt is a more recent addition to the genre (well, it’s 8 y.o. now, but still), it has high ratings and has been nominated so many times that I lost count. In fact I remember it used to be nominated along with Tormentum: Dark Sorrow and I always confused them for some reason. Tormentum then won the voting, I played and didn’t like it which also doesn’t add to optimism)

The Shapeshifting Detective - not into that one at all, just not my kind of game.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I will vote for Oknytt, though I will obviously participate in any of the 3 games that will win.
Its been nominated, many, many times and always comes second for years. I am not sure how many more chances it will still have.

@Doom Oknytt is indeed a dark game, but only in terms of graphics. It is not scary in any terms. In fact the protagonist is one of the cutest creatures ever. ‘‘A bit melancholic’’ is the best way to describe the game’s tone in general though I am still doing a very poor job of describing it. It has one of the best (if not THE best) voice acting performances ever, distinctive graphics, extremely interesting world/lore and a unique gimmick to use in puzzles.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I dig The Dig!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I vote for Oknytt.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Even though I may not be able to play at the start, I expect to be screaming to catch up at the end. I have to vote for oknytt. It’s the equivalent of my Lighthouse. It finally deserves it’s place in the sun.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ll keep my vote for The Dig.

Oknytt (8) - Sefir (leader), TimovieMan, Doom, DCast, SoccerDude, Colpet, Pegbiter, RTRooney

The Dig (5) - TimovieMan (leader), Lady Kestrel, Doom, Diego, Jdawg445
The Shapeshifting Detective (5) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Luhr28, Intense Degree, SoccerDude

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This is actually hard, since I voted for all three, and I don’t mind playing any of them.

But since it got nominated a whole bunch of times already, let me add my vote to Oknytt.
The other two will still get their chance. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top