• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: Holiday Season [ENDED]

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Never mind .... I’m away tomorrow until early next year.
Thank you for a superb quiz karlok.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 22 December 2020 01:51 PM

Thank you, you did include me in the standings but you know I did get nos 4 & 8 correct & my score should be 17….

No, I’m afraid you did not get them right.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m still playing.  There are 3 I know I’ve seen before but haven’t found yet, and the rest I will be lucky to trip over.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 22 December 2020 06:06 PM

No, I’m afraid you did not get them right.

Okay - I’ve just realised what I did.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I have a new PM problem. No idea if I’m the only one, posted about it in the Feedback Forum again. I should have new messages in my Inbox but they aren’t there. Email notification is on and I could read them in my emailbox, so if anybody sends me new quiz answers I can still process them.

DarkEye, I got two identical messages from you. Accidental or did something go wrong when you sent them? I’m going to PM you, just to test if you receive them. Please reply but no rush, it’s almost Christmas Eve, whenever you have time.

Happy Holidays everybody!

EDIT: I think the problem solved itself. Maybe it had something to do with Calimonk trying to recover those two messages. Anyway, I can see new messages in my inbox again.

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

What about some tips/clues for unguessed duo, Karlok? Laughing

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Okay.

I came across 20 when looking for something similar to the puzzle game There Is No Game. Fairly recent but obscure. Part of a series.
Number 29 on the other hand is a very well-known puzzle game. The FMV screenshot is not representative of the graphics. Do the posters on the wall ring a bell?

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you, Karlok!
Yeah, those posters are giving me headache. So familiar!🤔

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

This forum is acting really strange lately. PM problems, some are shown, some not, forum’s latest posts are not shown everytime. Sometimes when you try to open game images you’re simply thrown to main page… 😳

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

Yeah - I get a “This page is only accessible to logged-in users with proper access privileges” error whenever I click on the “PM” link for next to Karlok’s posts (just Karlok’s posts!) in this topic, but I can still send him PMs via the general PM UI.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Me too, lots is wrong with the site, can’t log in, try again and again, leave, come back, log in, nothing doing, etcetera. PM is weird again too. I hope things will be better tonight when I post the quiz answers.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, it has been very wonky.  I can’t sign in on the main forum page, but individual threads show me as logged in.  Also, the main page is a mess, at least in Firefox.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I wanted to add the answers to my second post below the pics, but the moment I go to the first page of the thread I’m no longer logged in. Huh? What on earth is going on?

EDIT: Success!

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thanks for the quiz, Karlok! It was fun.
I’ve checked hundreds of fireplaces but no dice.
On the other hand I should guess Mortville Manor.
#29 Witness? I’ve thought it was something completely different…

Well done Lady Kestrel & eddyc! Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

I played The Witness to completion, but certainly didn’t think that an image that prominently features a christmas tree would be from it. Didn’t look at the posters too carefully until the hint dropped - I mostly just ignore FMV screenshots under the assumption I haven’t played them anyway (well, I did play a few FMV games, but not nearly enough for a chance to guess most FMV screenshots).

On that note, it’d be interesting to know which participants researched the screenshots (and to which extent?) and which didn’t - this of course correlates to whether the participants guessed 90% or 10%, but I expect there to be people who got high scores without research?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top