• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Twin Mirror (new game from Life Is Strange developers)

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

No release date yet?thank goodness it won’t be episodic.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Release Date 1st December 2020

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Twin Mirror is out but no review available yet,anyway i’ll start rightaway.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Finished this game last night. It’s really bad. I’m talking bad to the point where I’d actively discourage people from buying it if they haven’t already. It’s like 5 hours long and the central mystery is a total dud.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

PlanetX - 03 December 2020 12:21 PM

Finished this game last night. It’s really bad. I’m talking bad to the point where I’d actively discourage people from buying it if they haven’t already. It’s like 5 hours long and the central mystery is a total dud.

DONTNOT’s first slip? Are the comitting the same sins that Telltale?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 36

Joined 2006-03-14

PM

I’ll give a quick summary as I’m sleepy after a long Demon Souls marathon Tongue

Pros:
-Larger cast than any of their recent games, with great voice acting.
-Technically, is is probably their prettier “adventure” game to date, with the most areas. Not AAA of course but still, beautiful to play.
-The darker tone and the investigative journalist/detective sets up an interesting premise, together with the protagonist’s “powers/issues”.
-The mind palace, while very very simple in gameplay, at least it brings SOME GAMEPLAY to their games!
-An interesting mix of Dontnod style with small bits of Twin Peaks and Control.

Cons:
-Atrocious ending that comes out of nowhere and feels extremely rushed. And even the “twist”, was betrayed so easily early on in the game that you are actually waiting for it to be a red herring when the credits roll Tongue
Generally, game feels like its missing something like 30% of extra story.
-Poor lip sync and the typical dontnot “tank control” animation which as usual, makes u feel you are controlling an automaton. The surprisingly close 3rd person cam doesn’t help when playin on a smaller screen.
-No way to skip dialogues. When the game offers you branching options and at completion you can replay any section, spending 10min over THE SAME dialogue to simply choose something else, is extremely annoying. Should have had the option to skip dialogues you have already heard like most visual novels.

Generally it feels like half a step in the right direction, but with the other half lost in production. I think they are definitely improving on previous titles on various bits, but they need more real gameplay with a whiff of challenge in it, and they need a much more developed story.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top