• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quiz: It’s all fun and games! - ENDED

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Preliminary standings:

Total points (# guessed correctly out of 84)

228 (76) - DarkEye
219 (73) - chrissie
204 (68) - Lady Kestrel
69 (23) - Karlok
66 (22) - Doom
34 (12) - namehaver
27 (9) - Esmeralda
17 (6) - Simon_ASA

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2014-02-13

PM

Simon_ASA - 12 November 2020 11:40 AM

Whaaaat?! Esmeralda, I thought you were competing for last place?! Do you realize that I win?

Confused yeah, sorry… got carried away…  Wink

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Preliminary standing:

228 (76) - DarkEye
219 (73) - chrissie
207 (69) - Lady Kestrel
87 (29) - Karlok
66 (22) - Doom
34 (12) - namehaver
27 (9) - Esmeralda
17 (6) - Simon_ASA

Still 6 more days! Do join if you haven’t already! Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s very close at the top of the ranking:

231 (77) - chrissie
228 (76) - DarkEye
222 (74) - eddyc
222 (74) - Lady Kestrel
87 (29) - Karlok
66 (22) - Doom
42 (14) - Cicerone53
34 (12) - namehaver
27 (9) - Esmeralda
17 (6) - Simon_ASA

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2020-11-17

PM

oh..

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just a bit more than a day left! The quiz closes tomorrow at 23:00 GMT. Get your guesses in before then! Smile

Preliminary standing (with about 33 hours to go):

234 (78) - DarkEye
231 (77) - chrissie
225 (75) - Lady Kestrel
222 (74) - eddyc
105 (35) - Karlok
66 (22) - Doom
54 (18) - Cicerone53
34 (12) - namehaver
27 (9) - Esmeralda
17 (6) - Simon_ASA

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Wow! This is tighter and more exciting than USA votes counting!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Congrats to DarkEye for winning the quiz, and a big thank you to everyone who participated!!!

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thank you for all these fun and games, TimovieMan.  I really enjoyed the challenge.

Congratulations to DarkEye for that amazing score, and to Chrissie for such an excellent second place!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It was certainly a fun quiz, Timovieman. Smile

Some games I’ve never heard of, like Timanfaya: Verschollen in den Feuerbergen. Sneaky! Don’t tell me you’ve played it. Great job finding it, eddy.

I’d expected to slap my forehead quite a few times when the names would be revealed, but actually I’ve done quite well. Only three I definitely should have recognized: Anacapri (for the simple reason that I won an identical pack of cards from the developers); Guild of Thieves (my gut feeling told me it was a text adventure I’d played); and Corruption (familiar screenshot but no gut feeling).

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Great method for delivering final scores.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 61

Joined 2015-07-23

PM

Fun quiz!

I knew I should’ve known 61.

Fun fact - Simon_ASA and me are the only ones that ever got any of the games at the second or above guess.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Congratulations DarkEye! & thanks to Lady Kestrel & eddyc for the fun challenge.  Thumbs Up

Thank you Tim for a very enjoyable quiz & the very nice results presentation. Heart

I could have kicked myself for not getting no 49 - it was driving me mad as it was so familiar!

I always like to see if I can track down the screenshots I missed but I couldn’t find one for Magnetic - not even by YTing so just wondered if one existed on the net or in this case you needed to have played the game?  Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 20 November 2020 08:05 PM

Some games I’ve never heard of, like Timanfaya: Verschollen in den Feuerbergen. Sneaky! Don’t tell me you’ve played it.

Of course I didn’t. If my memory accountancy serves me right, I found that game and screenshot via adventure-archiv.com which is now defunct.
This quiz was something I had started years ago, then abandoned, and only recently found my collected screenshots (and accompanying spreadsheet) back again…

namehaver - 21 November 2020 03:32 AM

Fun fact - Simon_ASA and me are the only ones that ever got any of the games at the second or above guess.

But not the only ones to have made guesses… Wink

chrissie - 21 November 2020 05:20 AM

I always like to see if I can track down the screenshots I missed but I couldn’t find one for Magnetic - not even by YTing so just wondered if one existed on the net or in this case you needed to have played the game?  Smile

You can find it on Mr. Bill’s Adventureland. Wink

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you Timothy for this fun quiz. There is still many pool tables out there for maybe v3.0 of this quiz.Crazy

Chrissie, Lady Kestrel & eddyc, congratulations for awesome scores & great challenge!
Kicking myself about The Cameron Files. Meh

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top