• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Watch Over Christmas New Trailer

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2020-11-04

PM

Hello adventurers!

We are happy to reveal the latest cinematic trailer for our upcoming title ‘Watch Over Christmas’, a classic style 2d point n click adventure.

Hope you like it!

For more info and screenshots you can also take a look at the relevant Steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/825060/Watch_Over_Christmas/

Regarding the release date, at the moment we can say that the game will be practically ready this Xmas, in English only and without speech. More translations and voice overs are planned for 2021. So we are currently discussing internally what would be the best decision.

Regards,
Chris

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I can only speak for myself, but I’ve been waiting for a Christmas themed adventure game for so long, I’d be fine with playing it without the voices for now. I can always give it a second playthrough with the voices next year. Cool

The translations are different story, though. I know people who don’t touch a game if it doesn’t have German subtitles. Neutral

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LittleRose - 04 November 2020 04:11 PM

I’ve been waiting for a Christmas themed adventure game for so long

The Christmas Quest trilogy? Grin

But I agree, we don’t get many Christmas-themed AGs, so this would be welcome. Smile

The main discussion is if you’ll release a base version now and update with voices and translations next year, or postpone the release a full year, I reckon?
Releasing a Christmas-themed game in May or so would make little sense… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

TimovieMan - 04 November 2020 05:29 PM

I’ve already played it. Is there any other Christmas themed adventure game? I don’t think so.

And I agree, either you release it now or next Christmas, because I don’t think that many people are going to play a Christmas game in summer. Especially not since there are several other AG announced fot that time.

Joined 2020-11-04

PM

Thanks all for the feedback!

Yes the problem with our game is that you need to release it during Xmas time ideally, so you practically lose one year which is meh.

So the idea is whether to release now without speech/translations or with full speech/translations next year (actually since the game will have been released we can update as we go, no need to wait for next Xmas). It seems that many people don’t mind the speech which is welcome. I personally finished Jenny Leclue when it was released without speech and it was just fine - they added speech later with a patch.

Speech is also a tricky one and has to be done right. No speech at all is better than having bad speech, I think we all agree on that Smile

Translations are more critical as you say, as many traditional p&c markets like the german or the Italian (and french) won’t really touch a game if it’s not in their lang.

The idea behind Watch Over Christmas was indeed the lack of Xmas themed point and click adventure games. Christmas Quest Trilogy is the only one I can recall also.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

LittleRose - 04 November 2020 06:15 PM
TimovieMan - 04 November 2020 05:29 PM

I’ve already played it. Is there any other Christmas themed adventure game? I don’t think so.

How about Santa Fe Mysteries: The Elk Moon Murder?

Joking, joking… Grin

I know there was a Sam & Max episode where they visit the North Pole, but other than that, there’s precious little.
Looking at the IFDB there’s also several interactive fictions, too many to list here.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2020-10-21

PM

I have once made a small Christmas game (not a adventure game) and I was very surprised how many downloads I got on the game in the middle of the summer.

Joined 2020-11-04

PM

It’s true, we have seen this also in itch.io with our demo, people still download the game throughout the year.

But it’s true that it’s quite risky to make seasonal games, I think it’s one of the main reasons we don’t get many of them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top