• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I nominate Ace Attorney Dual Destinies I will lead.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 31 October 2020 09:24 AM

I don’t know, haven’t played the freeware game. But now I will. Smile

Ah, I figured you had played it. Sorry.

Adv_Lvr - 31 October 2020 10:16 AM

I nominate Ace Attorney Dual Destinies I will lead.

You have my vote! Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

For anyone on the fence about buying There Is No Game I would recommend trying the freeware game as although the puzzles aren’t identical they are representative of some of the ones included in the full game along with the voice-acting & humour.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

TimovieMan - 31 October 2020 06:06 AM

I don’t fully get the nomination for Loom. Even the first time I played it, it didn’t take me much longer than three hours to finish it. How does that work for a CPT? You can basically finish it in one sitting…

I remember spending more than 3 hours on it the first time around, there’s enough wandering, some clever puzzles and it’s simply a pleasant experience. I tried my spells on everything for a funny effect.

I also read the same about There Is No Game - some people (including the ag reviewer) write it’s only 4-6 hours long. But I was planning to try it anyway, so it gets my vote along with Loom and The Journey Down.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Doom - 31 October 2020 12:34 PM

...... There Is No Game - some people (including the ag reviewer) write it’s only 4-6 hours long.

It took me just under 11 hours, I’m not that slow & I used the hint system a lot.

It does seem that players have managed to complete it in 4 - 6 hours but according to the Steam reviews, bearing in mind that some were presented before the reviewer had finished the game, at least 8 - 9 hours seems more realistic especially if you want to avoid using the hints.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (3) - SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Doom
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (3) - Karlok, TimovieMan, Doom

Loom (2) - SoccerDude, Doom

Ace Attorney Dual Destinies (1) - Adv_Lvr (leader) 

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

chrissie - 31 October 2020 02:13 PM

It took me just under 11 hours, I’m not that slow & I used the hint system a lot.

It does seem that players have managed to complete it in 4 - 6 hours but according to the Steam reviews, bearing in mind that some were presented before the reviewer had finished the game, at least 8 - 9 hours seems more realistic especially if you want to avoid using the hints.

This sounds reasonable, especially since, as I understand, one has to think out of the box in order to progress. Seems like people are having different experiences because of it. Will Aickman of adventuregamers wrote that the in-game hints were unnecessary and that

I was shocked when the credits rolled to realize that the experience had only lasted around six hours; with so much to do and see I felt like I’d been playing for much longer.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m now wondering now if the players who managed to finish the game in 4 - 6 hours got to the true ending?

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I vote for:
There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies

Lady Kestrel: I think you might have missed TimovieMan’s vote for Dual Destinies.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I did miss that one.  Thanks, Pegbiter!

There Is No Game: Wrong Dimension (4) - Karlok, TimovieMan, Doom, Pegbiter

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (3) - SoccerDude, TimovieMan, Doom
Loom (3) - SoccerDude, Doom, DCast
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), TimovieMan, Pegbiter

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 645

Joined 2017-08-27

PM

A vote for Loom, please

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I added your vote to my last post, DCast.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

As long as it’s available on GOG, I’ll cast a vote for Shivers2

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

There is no game seems interesting, so please do put me down for that.

To continue my policy of nominating outsiders, i’ll nominate and offer to lead:

Heavy Rain
L.A. Noire

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 31 October 2020 12:34 PM

I also read the same about There Is No Game - some people (including the ag reviewer) write it’s only 4-6 hours long. But I was planning to try it anyway, so it gets my vote along with Loom and The Journey Down.

It can be finished in 5-6 hours by some people. Certainly not by me, it took me longer. Don’t really know how much longer because I’ve already started looking for achievements and I usually keep my game running in the background while I’m taking a break. 

TimovieMan - 31 October 2020 06:06 AM

In case of There Is No Game, I would suggest playing the freeware game first, no? It’ll only take 15 minutes and might put you in the right mood for the full game. Or am I wrong, Karlok?

I have now played the freeware game. The same puzzles make an appearance in chapter one of the full game, which is much longer than 15 minutes. But the developer has reworked them and the solutions are different too. No puzzles from later chapters. So by all means, play the freeware game first.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top