• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Post all your YouTube shit here!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

That’s an easy challenge. Haggis is great.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Looks like Alabama likes to fry food just as much as we do.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Lucien21 - 06 August 2020 02:48 AM

Looks like Alabama likes to fry food just as much as we do.

Oh yes, absolutely!  While that may not be the healthiest way to eat, ultimately the decision comes down to “Do I want to be sad and miserable every time I eat for 90 years or deliriously happy every time I eat for 60?”.  Remember, Kale is not food, it is a desperate cry for culinary help.

All the food in the video was right on point except for one thing: I have never seen nor heard of a chocolate gravy biscuit.  Not that I think it sounds like a bad idea, mind you, I’ve just never heard of it before.  If you’ve never had them, I recently heard a Brit describe US biscuits as crunchy like a scone on the outside and soft like a (UK-style) pudding on the inside without being sweet at all, so it’s not too hard to imagine that covered in chocolate sauce.  I’ll take mine with sausage, egg, and cheese instead, though.

Boiled peanuts are like Marmite or licorice: A strong, distinct flavor that anyone who tries them either loves or hates instantly with no middle ground.  I fall into the “Hate ‘em” group.  In the last few years I’ve seen them become available with different seasonings added such as “Cajun”, “Jalapeno”, etc. which might make them slightly less disgusting, but none of the new flavors I’ve seen have made me say “Wow, that changes everything!  I gotta try those!”.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

The best fried catfish in the world? Top of the River in Anniston, Alabama. They have everything in the video except chocolate biscuits. First visit there was the first time I’ve ever tried fried pickles. What a surprise in my mouth that was!

I agree with you about boiled peanuts. I don’t care what seasoning they put on them, they’re still disgusting.

Total Posts: 177

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I’d like to try haggis some day. If I ever get to Scotland, that’ll be a must. (Unless I’ve gone full vegetarian by then, but even if that were to happen, I’d probably make an exception.)

You can play my game Frasse and the Peas of Kejick for free! (AG review here.)

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

I’d like to share one more of my videos (don’t worry, I start work again on Monday, so it’ll be a while until I make another one). A real classic big band tune: Moonlight Serenade. As usual, I play all the instruments.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

How about this recorder player’s Monkey Island cover? I think it’s great!

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Trumgottist - 07 August 2020 06:57 AM

I’d like to try haggis some day. If I ever get to Scotland, that’ll be a must. (Unless I’ve gone full vegetarian by then, but even if that were to happen, I’d probably make an exception.)

I suspect Scotland is like Alabama in that “being vegetarian” just means you don’t eat great big chunks of meat, especially if said meat is still on the bone.  As long as the meat you eat is chopped or ground and mixed with at least one other major ingredient (in the case of haggis that would be oats and possibly onions as well) you’d be fine.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

According to this video

Corn dogs, common as houses in the US, are relatively unknown in Ireland and, one assumes due to proximity and similar cultures, the UK.  I’d have thought they’d have caught on over there because they’re easy to make if you’ve already got a deep fryer going plus since they’re on a stick they’re easy to eat, too.

In the video they missed serving mustard with them which lessens their appeal considerably (the faint sweetness of the yellow corn meal batter is complimented perfectly by strong yellow mustard… ketchup, not so much), but still.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Trumgottist - 07 August 2020 11:49 AM

I’d like to share one more of my videos (don’t worry, I start work again on Monday, so it’ll be a while until I make another one). A real classic big band tune: Moonlight Serenade. As usual, I play all the instruments.

Wow! mind blowing. the clarinet sounds most beautiful.

Joined 2003-11-15

PM

Thanks!

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Sage - 18 October 2020 03:09 AM

According to this video

Corn dogs, common as houses in the US, are relatively unknown in Ireland and, one assumes due to proximity and similar cultures, the UK.  I’d have thought they’d have caught on over there because they’re easy to make if you’ve already got a deep fryer going plus since they’re on a stick they’re easy to eat, too.

In the video they missed serving mustard with them which lessens their appeal considerably (the faint sweetness of the yellow corn meal batter is complimented perfectly by strong yellow mustard… ketchup, not so much), but still.

Wow that doughnurger looks absolutely disgusting. Meat and cheese in a sweet donut? Have you Americans no shame?  Sick

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Vehelon - 19 October 2020 06:34 AM
Sage - 18 October 2020 03:09 AM

According to this video

Wow that doughnurger looks absolutely disgusting. Meat and cheese in a sweet donut? Have you Americans no shame?  Sick

That one seemed a bit much even to me.  I’ve never been high enough for that to sound like a good idea, but apparently someone over here has.

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

How do you add your own spin to a cover of an iconic Roy Orbison song while still maintaining the spirit of the original?  Try yodeling…

Same guy doing, I kid you not, a yodeling cover of Blondie’s “Heart of Glass”

In a slightly different vein, Billy Strings & friends doing “Dust In A Baggie” live at the Grand Ole opry-

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Stumbled upon this, pretty much by accident:

Haven’t laughed so hard in a while. Makes me remember why I loved Rik Mayall so. Especially when Ade Edmondson was around - they were brilliant together!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top