• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBowalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Saturday 1 December 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Today, we have scene from Josh Mandel and Al Lowe’s Freddy Pharkas. Having never watched a western in my life (I might have watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly at some point, but I can’t remember anything about it), the only jokes that didn’t go over my head were the fart jokes, so I can’t say that I really connected with the game. So I’ll leave the floor to you guys.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Ahh, one of my favourite Sierra games Smile Gotta give it a Replay sometime soon.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

YeeeeeeeHaaaaa!!

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The main strength of Freddy Pharkas is a world that feels so alive, something that Al Emmo successfully mimicked years later.

Also - this Grin For those who don’t know, it’s Al Lowe himself singing it.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I remember in this game if you use your key to open the door to the pharmacy you got like half of the game’s points. There are always lots of great little 4th wall jokes like that in Sierra games. And we have Josho to thank for the catchy ballad!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ah, the game that found its origins in the phrase “Do you want fries with that?”... Grin

One of my favourite Sierra games. While I played it so long ago that I only remember bits and pieces of it, some of its jokes have remained with me til this day.
And the chapter title “The plot sickens!” has been a part of my everyday vocabulary since I first played this game… Thumbs Up

Kurufinwe - 01 December 2012 01:16 PM

Having never watched a western in my life (I might have watched The Good, the Bad and the Ugly at some point, but I can’t remember anything about it), the only jokes that didn’t go over my head were the fart jokes, so I can’t say that I really connected with the game.

Then at least you must have gotten the Lemmings/snails reference?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t think I ever finished the game but that ballad got stuck in my head like no other game music

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top