• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AnimeAdamCaliMonkCharophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Urban Witch Story - free adventure game Police Quest style

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Hi!

I would like to recommend you this free adventure game made by a friend of mine now that it has been released an English version. I can’t speak about the translation itself as I played the game when it was first released in Spanish, but it is a very enjoyable and lenghty game, with logical puzzles and very well written characters.

The game is inspired by Police Quest series and set in the time of Rodney King’s riots.

I really hope you enjoy it:

https://postmodernadventures.itch.io/urban-witch-story

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Thank you, I’m downloading it right now. I won’t get to play it before I’ve finished the game I’m playing at the moment, though.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

Wait, what? I’m stumped, is everyone burning the city down, slingin’ drugs and flaunting weapons in public, while the white cop prostrates himself, because of an alcoholic wife-beating career criminal that sped up away from the popo then physically resisted arrest? Is this a comedy?

I love how the black cop is the most patient being in the universe to the point of pardoning any serious offense including extremely indecent exposure! The racial commentary here is amazing; I have to brush up on my Spanish to see how deep this hilarious rabbit hole goes! Heart Eyes 

Unfortunately, it didn’t take long for the false choices to appear…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that looks like sonny in the lounge lizards.

thanks, for the link man, I had no idea about this game.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Advie - 02 October 2020 08:32 PM

that looks like sonny in the lounge lizards.

thanks, for the link man, I had no idea about this game.

You are welcome. I really wouldn’t recommend it unless it was worth playing it, in my humble opinion of course.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Maroko - 02 October 2020 06:14 PM

Wait, what? I’m stumped, is everyone burning the city down, slingin’ drugs and flaunting weapons in public, while the white cop prostrates himself, because of an alcoholic wife-beating career criminal that sped up away from the popo then physically resisted arrest? Is this a comedy?

I love how the black cop is the most patient being in the universe to the point of pardoning any serious offense including extremely indecent exposure! The racial commentary here is amazing; I have to brush up on my Spanish to see how deep this hilarious rabbit hole goes! Heart Eyes 

Unfortunately, it didn’t take long for the false choices to appear…

If you think you can tell all that from 3 tiny screenshots, I think you just might be bringing a lot more with you than you’re finding there.

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

I think I’ve finally figured it out: dumping the gruff and all-knowing Dirty Harry archetype which would thrive under such circumstances, this game subverts the then-fashionable Beverly Hills Cop’s duo by castrating them thus mirroring the 2020 white suburbanite’s gulible mindset. And so, becoming our window to the dog-eat-dog hoods that shift the blame to the police for both intervening and overlooking in order to eschew their own responsabilities, this brilliantly wears the dev’s “Postmodern Adventure” title on its sleeve by being a straight-faced comedy.

I’m still driving around the pixelated hellhole but I’m sooo hoping for the 92’s Rooftop Koreans to make a cameo!

EDIT:

Vehelon - 03 October 2020 08:44 AM

If you think you can tell all that from 3 tiny screenshots, I think you just might be bringing a lot more with you than you’re finding there.

Oops, I’m sorry. I didn’t noticed your reply there. What do you mean? I’m currently playing it since yesterday.

Total Posts: 310

Joined 2018-12-01

PM

Okay. I didn’t know.
Still, I’d have to respectfully disagree. I don’t know a hell of a lot about the Rodney King case, (not being an American) but it seems like the police were doing a lot more than “intervening”.

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

Vehelon - 03 October 2020 08:57 AM

Okay. I didn’t know.

No worries Tongue. If you wanna know more about it you can check his Arrest Record; besides being a nefarious career thug, the police acted according to his behavior: 

March 3, 1991: After being seen speeding on the 210 freeway by CHP officers, King led them on a chase at speeds estimated at up to 110 to 115 mph . When finally stopped, King refused requests to get into the prone position and charged one of the officers. He was beaten and arrested. King was charged with felony evading.
March 11:
King was driving without a license and his car registration had expired.

Despite all this, the charges were dropped because it became a racial & political event and that’s a big no-no in the US of A. Unsurprisingly, King continued his wife-beating ways throughout the following years—including hit-and-run driving as the cherry on top.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

@Maroko: You’re trolling. Again. I can predict your future at the AG forums if you keep this up.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

walas74 - 02 October 2020 05:23 PM

Hi!I would like to recommend you this free adventure game made by a friend of mine now that it has been released an English version. I can’t speak about the translation itself as I played the game when it was first released in Spanish, but it is a very enjoyable and lenghty game, with logical puzzles and very well written characters.
The game is inspired by Police Quest series and set in the time of Rodney King’s riots.

Thanks walas74 - so far I’ve found this game excellent! The English translation for the most part is very good but yes there are some occasional errors.

I don’t know about Rodney King but the game doesn’t seem to be about him as such but more about the ensuing rioting on providing a ‘real’ & difficult backdrop to the attitude towards 2 police officers, one black & one white, trying to investigate the (fictional) disappearance of two teenagers in 1992.

The game is interesting in that it touches on social as well as relationship issues reflected in conversations & plays through in places more like an episode of a TV drama rather than a game.
I’ve got to a point in the game where all sorts of conspiracy theories have been approached but so far I don’t glean that the real events of 1992 are relevant other than to set the story in a real setting…......so far!

Joined 2020-09-23

PM

chrissie - 04 October 2020 02:01 PM

I don’t know about Rodney King but the game doesn’t seem to be about him as such but more about the ensuing rioting on providing a ‘real’ & difficult backdrop to the attitude towards 2 police officers, one black & one white, trying to investigate the (fictional) disappearance of two teenagers in 1992.

Quite a few NPCs touch on that exact event as justification for their extremelly uncooperative attitude towards the 2 cops; the 2 cops constantly treading on thin ice to the point of allowing almost all of the crimes surrounding them due to it (and even somewhat understanding the fires in the background). So, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on this and say that it really is a lot about King—one of its main themes, if you will.

Karlok - 04 October 2020 01:06 AM

@Maroko: You’re trolling. Again. I can predict your future at the AG forums if you keep this up.

Zero arguments yet again from another older forum member. Here’re the rules in case you haven’t read them:

“Passionate, even heated debate is welcome but messages which descend to personal insults, name-calling or other abuse will be deleted.”

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

See my post in the Ken Williams book thread, Maroko.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Again thanks walas74 - some troll here keeps interrupting the thread.  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Maroko - 04 October 2020 02:16 PM

Quite a few NPCs touch on that exact event as justification for their extremelly uncooperative attitude towards the 2 cops; the 2 cops constantly treading on thin ice to the point of allowing almost all of the crimes surrounding them due to it (and even somewhat understanding the fires in the background). So, I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on this and say that it really is a lot about King—one of its main themes, if you will.

Again you don’t seem to have a clue - but you’re always keen to have the last word so have it - you’re welcome.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 04 October 2020 02:01 PM
walas74 - 02 October 2020 05:23 PM

Hi!I would like to recommend you this free adventure game made by a friend of mine now that it has been released an English version. I can’t speak about the translation itself as I played the game when it was first released in Spanish, but it is a very enjoyable and lenghty game, with logical puzzles and very well written characters.

Thanks walas74 - so far I’ve found this game excellent! The English translation for the most part is very good but yes there are some occasional errors.

The game is interesting in that it touches on social as well as relationship issues reflected in conversations & plays through in places more like an episode of a TV drama rather than a game.
I’ve got to a point in the game where all sorts of conspiracy theories have been approached but so far I don’t glean that the real events of 1992 are relevant other than to set the story in a real setting…......so far!

I just thought I’d post this again to draw attention to this very nice game!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top