• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your Favorite City

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 09 September 2020 11:44 AM

Rubacava.

Because Year Two of Grim Fandango is the pinnacle of adventure gaming. Cool

This

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2020-09-03

PM

I see a lot of the ones I was going to say mentioned already: Rubacava, Phatt Island - and I’m not sure it would count as a “city” (village, outpost), but I might have to go with Blood Island as my all time favourite.

Some other thoughts:

When the first mention of City came up - I immediately went to Europolis in Dreamfall Chapters. I loved how fleshed out it was, and how it really felt like an amalgamation of so many different European cities all slammed into one. It was doing it’s own thing and not just there for the player.

The topic also reminded me that I really wanted to go to Falderal from KQ7. I have a feeling that if I replayed it I might change my mind though. Then again, on reflection, I actually think that game (for all its other faults) did a great job at having each land have it’s own clear community identity and tone. And the progress throughout going from bright to dark and back again worked really well stylistically.

Total Posts: 38

Joined 2020-06-17

PM

diego - 09 September 2020 12:13 PM

Phatt Island

This!

Honorable mentions:

Mêlée Island (SoMI)

Ankh-Morpork (Discworld 1)

London (Serrated Scalpel)

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Uru

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2020-04-08

PM

Newport - The Longest Journey

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Paris - Broken Sword

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Not sure it counts as a city (more as an urban area) but the mall in Space Quest IV is one of my absolute faves. It was a delight to explore, with everything you could want from rich humor and descriptions to great characters and puzzles and little hidden secrets in every corner.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Donuts McGee - 20 September 2020 04:26 AM

Not sure it counts as a city (more as an urban area) but the mall in Space Quest IV is one of my absolute faves. It was a delight to explore, with everything you could want from rich humor and descriptions to great characters and puzzles and little hidden secrets in every corner.

The bargain bin was great!  Laughing

But what ruined the whole experience for me was the Sequel Police, especially swimming in that zero-g environment. I had bad memories about that, and when I replayed it last year, my opinion didn’t change at all.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Oh yeah. I forgot about the Sequel Police. I’ve never got around to replaying the game so blocking them from my memory is probably why I have such fondness for Galaxy Galleria.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ankh-Morpork of course. Though it does feel like a cheat.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top