• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Roki?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Not Roki. But it’s a good guess. The game has something in common with Roki.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

cyfoyjvx - 14 September 2020 09:33 PM
diego - 14 September 2020 03:14 PM

I just checked the screenshots. You’re right. And what’s with that title - Miazma or the Devil’s Stone? Is is it a choice between Miazma and the Devil’s Stone, or is Devil’s Stone another name for Miazma?  Embarassed

I have played the game and still don’t know! Embarassed

Miaz/s/ma is the fumes the stone gives off when cut (this is actually purely scientific) but, according to the folklore built up during the game, the stone in question gets thought of as the Devil’s Stone due to the problems it causes (this is actually purely unscientific).
What annoyed me is that is one of the games I’m sort of playing at the moment and didn’t recognise any of the pictures Confused

As a side point to this I discovered something about Miazma (definitely no s here) which isn’t relevant to this thread but I’ve posted about it here:

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/470/P210/

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 15 September 2020 05:23 AM

I saw what you did there, Zorba.  Sarcastic

Yeah, I quoted* a quote with a quote in it that had a quote incorporated in a quote.
* to basically say nothing

Nothing extraordinary for this forum, we’ve seen it million times before. Foot in mouth

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is that Year Walk, Karlok?

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Yes, Year Walk.

@diego: based on Scandinavian folklore, same as Roki. But I prefer Oknytt.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I installed Year Walk a week or so ago and hope to try it soon.

Next is a section of an old photo:

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The old guy in the front looks like Armin Mueller-Stahl. I don’t remember him playing in an AG??? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 September 2020 03:13 PM

Next is a section of an old photo:

And that photo features in Gadget: Invention, Travel & Adventure.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You are correct, Mr. Z.! 

Timo,
I looked up Stahl’s career and have only seen him in Shine, but his face is very familiar.  He’s better looking than that strange old scientist in Gadget.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 17 September 2020 04:08 PM

Timo,
I looked up Stahl’s career and have only seen him in Shine, but his face is very familiar.  He’s better looking than that strange old scientist in Gadget.

I highly recommend the 1989 movie “Music Box”. Been a fan ever since.

I like how well he can play both good guys and villains, even at the same time. In Eastern Promises he’s a nice, loving grandfather for his grandkids while also being a ruthless, terrifying mob boss. Superb actor.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Looks like it could be from one of the cutscenes in one of the CSI games. Random guess: Deadly Intent?

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Not a bad guess, but nope.

Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i don’t think this is SQ6 due to the graphics, but I may guess it is Next Life?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top