• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tell Me Why

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Finished Episode 2

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

Finished Episodes 2 and 3. Overall I really liked it, I found the ending mostly satisfying, even though most of the choices don’t really amount to much at the end. I believe it boils down to one choice: believing Tom’s story and leave Alyson with a guilt feeling (which she works with therapy at the very end) or keep believing that they were protecting themselves from the mother. But regardless they end up in the same place. I didn’t mind that personally, I don’t always need my choices to produce different outcomes. I usually just enjoy the journey and if the authors feel the need to siphon everything at the end into one ending to tell the story they want to tell I’m fine with that. (unless they did want to give players different outcomes but budget restrictions limit them).

Edit: Nevermind apparently there’s another “secret” ending but only a rare minority gets it, which I think is nice

I definitely liked the more lite puzzle gameplay and having to read and figure things out, something I was definitely missing in Life is Strange 2. While LiS 2 hit me harder emotionally at the end, I liked the gameplay of Tell Me Why more and the story and mystery kept me more engaged.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

There is a bad ending where the relationship between the twins breaks down and Aly ends up staying in the house at the end while Tyler leaves.

You have to make certain choices throughout the three epsiodes to get it so I think most people got the “good” ending with the slight variation of the final choice.

I enjoyed the game. It was a tighter story than their normal and coming out weekly was a huge plus.

Probably their best game so far. I liked all the puzzles that linked back to the book of Goblins..they were fun and a break from the just narrative choice thing. Actual puzzles in a Dontnod game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I finished it and enjoyed the conclusion. Tell Me Why never reaches the dramatic high points of Life is Strange’s most memorable moments. The puzzles are also not as creative as some of the things you did with the rewind power. But it’s a compelling and personal drama throughout with two endearing lead characters and some neat ideas.

It treats it’s characters with depth and nuance so there’s a lot to like, even in the smaller moments. It’s DontNod, so there are a few cringe worthy lines but there’s nothing so bad that it detracts from the core mystery. I also liked how the solving the puzzles simultaneously fleshed out the characters’ back stories.

Life Is Strange 1 is still my favorite game from them but Tell Me Why was really good and I’m glad I played it.

As a side note I think It’s time for DontNod to rid themselves of some tropes that threaten to make their games feel formulaic. Like the dual protagonists who constantly refer back to some childhood fantasy/game. Pirates in Life Is Strange, Wolves in LiS 2 and Goblins in Tell Me Why. Or getting a keypad’s code by looking at worn out buttons.

It’s not something that’s a problem yet but if they keep incorporating the same or very similar elements into all their games it will become stale.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Seems quite overlooked by advgamers but what DontNod achieved something unique here.Leaving all supernatural narratives behind creating actual real life story and grown up confrontations with some magical realism moments shaped up unprecedented experience for genre.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I thought it was good, not amazing or anything. The main problem was, the best part of the game was simply the social dynamics between the town and all the characters, and the Alaska setting. The central plot was completely forgettable. Still made up for a very entertaining experience, and groundbreaking perhaps. But there were better adventure games this year.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top